Blizzard some clarification pls Legacy cards

So there’s seems to be a disconncet somewhere and I for one would really like some clarification on this becuase it really feels like something is off right now with legacy cards.

There are cards that use to be in my collection, that were in my collection for multiple years and than once they get shoved into Legacy, I have to use resources to craft them.

Sure, some were apart of core blah blah blah and everyone had them for free. However, what I don’t understand is the cards that are apart of the Death Knight set. If you look it up right now, it states that once you complete the Prologue for the Death Knight class you get 32 cards unlocked which are apart of the core set.

Why put cards into a core set that are unlocked when a porlogue is done, give players access to these cards for years and then when you decide to move the cards out of the core set, force players to use resources to re-add them to their collection?

If you’re going to add a card to the core set, it would be nice if there were other ways of getting the card rather than forcing players to use dust to obtain them and denying players the ability to aquire them through packs.

The way I look at it, all the cards that are in the Death Knight Prologue should be automatically free and stay that way once they are unlocked.

It would be nice to hear one of you magical blue elves respond as to why you have decided to do this.

4 Likes

I’m no blue but the reason is because they would rather have dissatisfied customers who have to spend money to craft than satisfied customers who have to spend slightly less money to craft

1 Like

But really, look at Demon Hunter, we had to unlock that class and I never lost any of the cards that came with that prologue. Those cards were also free and just needed to be unlocked so I’m not sure why the DK ones are any different.

1 Like

That was accurate when it was written, but I suspect they just haven’t bothered to update it.

I think it’s largely because there was no Core set when Demon Hunter came out, and there weren’t any Demon Hunter cards in the Classic set either. They probably created Core in part to avoid having to give us any cards for new classes

There is no consistency in their shuffling of old cards around the core, legacy, and standard rotations. Sometimes they move the actual old card ID’s, sometimes there are duplicate versions made.

In some tavern brawls you can find instances where one copy is “banned” from the format, but the guy designing them doesn’t realize there is a duplicate version from another one of these sets.

The game is in desperate need of a rebuild, but they already ruled it out. They are milking this cow until it dies and have no intention of making any investments. They can see the end coming.