Mage balance suggestions

so i was told by your player support that the blizzard card balance team or something is reading the boards so i will actually take a rather huge amount of time to explain why (not only in my opinion) the mage has been given not 1 not 2 but 3 troublesome cards with next to no counterplay …i will also explain in detail why at least two of them have to get hotfixed and how the interqction with other classes are to make you understand :slight_smile: PART 1 : the mage has already 2 good 2mana drops arugal and zyklon which need to be dealt with aswell as luna and others you dont want to leave on the board (in my opinion jaina has 0 issue with pressure and hand size thats why the first card i want to talk about is khadgar on top of that its another 2 mana 2/2 any mage player can just throw in with an absolutely broken effect it also has insane synergy with all the other summon cards MOSTLY with summoners call and the other 8 mana summoner astro and lanalai …since the mage has power plays every round and freezes on top it is ALWAYS possible to get to khadgar in a game and what the mage gets for the 2 mana khadgar + any of these cards is not healthy for the game. i cannot advice you what to do with khadgar or how to change the card, chances are that even making it a 5 mana 2/2 just for the effect wont solve the problem,the issue is that at any time when you cant remove a big mana minion from board the mage gets to build a even more insane board ontop that cant be dealt with or even trade before that and then “evolve” so you have no minions and the mage player has a full board. i mentioned that there was no counterplay, for paladin equality and pyromancer might seem decent but its a 6 mana combo that you have to draw first and also if i want to respond to a insta death board with 6 mana i want to have the upper also the mage can create the same threat again also timeout isnt really a option ,for shaman the respons would be If it wasnt for the mana cost of 5 and the fact that you need to have the card in hand for ca 8 to 10 turns for the case 3 10/10 cthuns are summoned :slight_smile: even elektra+thunderstorm is a 6 mana POTENTIAL clear for 6 damage (unless you roll a totem on top of that) ,the priest of cours has auchenai +double circle for a board clear :slight_smile: , druid has no remove at all… i hope you can get my point that the pressure the mage puts out demands the other player to deal with the board which is not only not possible but if it is you make a play /mana which only leads to mage having the upper hand again and again. PART 2 : so this was all about khadgar because its the main problem but even if you take the other mage cards conjurers call and power of creation …these are both too good ,like i dont like to demand call to be 5 mana since its a twin spell but i would feel bad even if you would fix it to be a 4 mana spell but 1 thing is certain if you keep khadgar as he is it 4 mana for conjurers wont fix the problem ,you also cant make power of creation cost mire than 8 mana but how about either making it summon 2 5mana creeps OR make it summon 2 RANDOM 6 mana so the mage wont get a board that cant be dealt with … i hope i could explain myself but one last thing i want to say is that obviously high rank players struggle with mage right now but its even worse for players that dont have the dust to even have the few responses to it that i named above while it is common for players to disenchant to get their 5 op mage cards and spam ranked with it and it has gotten so boring and stall that you cant imagine …

Holy spacing batman!

5 Likes

I made it past the first 3 words before giving up

2 Likes

shaman card is called hagathas plan sorry for missing on it

however it seems like blizzard doesnt care anyway so posting on boards doesnt have an impact after all which is sad… i imagined a company making revenue of a game would have some kind of connection to its community but i guess since you get the money either way why care

its not ok to promise that boards are the place to go to discuss anythign about the game …feels to me like boards are dead due to the lack of blizzards interest :frowning:

To be more explicit: no one is going to read a 5 paragraph argument with literally no spaces or break lines.

Blizzard employees are unlikely to see or interact with any feedback unless it is a technical issue, but if you want even other users to read your post, use spaces, lol.

3 Likes

i am here wasting my freetime just to make logic arguments hoping that 1 single blizzard employee will read my post which is their job and takes about 5 minutes but instead they dont do anything. im not the one to blame her but i will uninstall the game for good now i have never seen a company that gives 0 fks even after im writing to the player support multiple times and on boards they cant even write “ok thanks for the feedback” im not the first to leave the game for good and i wont be the last ,at least im proud to have never wasted a cent on this game

1 Like

So, two things:

1. As far as we know, the only Blizzard employees whose jobs is to read these forums are the moderators, and they don’t work on game balance.
  2. The wall of text/word salad combo that is your original post takes a lot more than five minutes to read (if you’re trying to read for comprehension at least).

EDIT:

Well, nevermind then, that will surely make them listen to you.

1 Like

Yep. Community forums :). Of little to no use at all. This is their version of automatic voicemail. The bots are the forums users. You come here with an idea or constructive criticism and you will get a Blizzard bot (Hearthstone fan or just angry microgamer) responding to your posts with the equivalent of a “I’m sorry, I didn’t get that. Why are you calling today? You can say things like”…

But don’t ever say the game operates a certain way. You will be removed from the automated system.

Did you read his post? Be honest.

did you comment for the third time just to tell me that you didnt read my post? we get it you didnt read it OK . why dont you work for blizzard you have the right attitude after all

Ever heard of formatting? You’re not going to get any support by typing like that, jesus christ.