"blizzard-hearthstone" links are blocked

For the fast few days I haven’t been able to login to Hearthstones for android. I will be asked to sign in but after approving on authenticaator I just get the following error.

“blizzard-hearthstone” links are blocked
The webpage at blizzard-hearthstone://localhost:0/ST=US …
might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Not certain if related there was a recent update for the phone. I don’t think I was able to start a game since.

1 Like

Hey there, try changing how you are logging in. At the login screen there should be 3 dots at the top right you can press that option and it should allow you to use a different login method there. If that does not help then I suggest the following:

Powering down the device and then starting it back up can often solve these types of issues.

Can you switch between Cellular and a WiFi network. See if the issue persists on both network types. If the issue appears only on one connection type, then it is an issue with that connection specifically. for Cellular you would need to work with the Cell data provider. For WiFi, you would need to look at the WiFi Network.

You can clear the cache and application data for the app by going into settings>apps>Heartstone>Storage(on newer versions of android) and press the clear cache and clear data buttons.

Sometimes you can clear out bad cached network data by resetting your battle.net account password via the website and then relaunching the game.

If that doesn’t work, let’s go ahead and uninstall, then reinstall the game application. I recommend restarting the phone after uninstalling.

Now this is not a step we recommend lightly but if you are comfortable with the process you can try doing a complete factory reset of the device and then load only core apps and the client. This means setting the device up as new and not syncing previous cloud settings.

That should solve most issues but of the problem persists it may be worth checking a different device and if everything works normally on the other device report the device specific issue in the bug report forums for further analysis by our QA teams.

I got around this when the login page presents, I switched to “Open in Chrome”. Do this before you enter your credentials.

1 Like

In case anybody else has this problem this is what eventually fixed it for me.

Instead of just signing in I logged in using the temp account first. Then clicked on Sign Up under options. On the sign up page clicked Login to existing account. Was able to sign in successfully from here.

I think maybe the problem was that straight login was redirecting me to us.battle.net. But going through Sign Up first was redirecting me to kr.battle.net.

1 Like

Tried the above methods, does not seem to work on my end yet. Stand by.

After much deliberation trials and tries, I managed to login back on my Android Device for Hearthstone.

To reiterate what @DimJim has mention:

In case anybody else has this problem this is what eventually fixed it for me.

Instead of just signing in I logged in using the temp account first. Then clicked on Sign Up under options. On the sign up page clicked Login to existing account. Was able to sign in successfully from here.

I think maybe the problem was that straight login was redirecting me to us.battle.net. But going through Sign Up first was redirecting me to kr.battle.net.

Perform these steps in Order

1. Launch Hearthstone
  2. You’ll see " Log in " and a Dummy Temporary Account that goes like "Adunkpant#13231213 "
    • Choose that Temporary Account
    • Once you are signed in, Click on the “Settings” Button on the top Right
    • Now, Choose SWITCH to the Region you are actively playing on ( If not, skip to Step 9 )
  3. This will re-initialize the App ( aka relaunch the game )
    • You will now be back at “Log In” and another Dummy Temporary Account
    • Choose that Temporary Account
    • You’ll open a Battlenet login Page.
    • Scroll down to see the " Login " link from the sub header " Already have an account? "
    • Click that "Login " Link or Log in via the three Platforms ( Google etc )

*Note to Web Developer: Swell, this embedded text fields are nicely coded for forum posting and structure. +10 Points :smiley: Any chance I get a cookie point or job offer? ;x

I found another solution for this dreadful problem:

1.Use the Sign In button as described in the aforementioned post
2.In the browser on the login page (eu.battle.net / us.battle.net / etc) sign in with your credentials
3.You’ll get an error like “blizzard-hearthstone” links are blocked
4.copy the whole address from the na bar, for me it was like blizzard-hearthstone://localhost:0/?ST=AV_pplupCJqUcswcR9LxY9xaUAdELOV8gWCSm6VZ7dGs4OQGEwv7OyqBwcsuTuXysajhX2Nbqgy94l-kTHrPcQM&STT= […] &flow_type=hard_account_login
5.Open a non-chromium-browser (I used Firefox), paste the copied URL into the address bar and load it
6.If necessary use the 3dots next to the address bar and hit “Open in App”
7.Tada, you can play again!

From what I can tell Chrome and Chromium-based browsers on Android (Edge, Opera, Vivaldi and co) block non-standard URIs (meaning other than ftp:// , http:// or https://). By using Firefox I could overcome this hurdle after not Bering able to play on my phone for more than a month.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.