Bladedancer power level

I’m still pretty new to hearthstone and i’ve been playing weapon rouge a fair bit and I’ve found blade dancer to be a really strong card and i’m just curious about the community’s (or just more skilled players) opinion on the card

personally i think that 4 cost is pretty low considering how easy it can be to build up weapon attack allowing high cost minions to come out really early without the opponent having much they can do about it

could be wrong and it’s not that bad but i just thought i’d ask anyway

Vegeta, what’s the scanner say about his power level?

Weapon/aggro rogue was never all that great, secret/miracle/whirlkick were better decks until nitroboost. Also how effective a weapon-centric aggro deck becomes depends on the meta, and if there are lots of slow greedy decks to feed on then it becomes better

I personally love rogue but dislike weapon/aggro because it requires very little thought compared to miracle rogue. But it is a better deck for this meta and definitely a better deck for a newer player to get their feet wet with

If it becomes super prevalent then decks will start teching in weapon remova such as oozes if they haven’t already

I haven’t been playing for the past week, got a little bored with this meta so that’s all I can comment on it

Me a lot of DH stuff over power paired most classes but that just me I guest.

Steeldancer? You would think it would be good, but now T4 is too late…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/tip-the-scales-paladin

I’ve been seeing a lot more ooze substitutions on HRS the past few days. It looks like sticky is too slow, so ooze stock is rising faster than Gamestop.

I was playing around with Plague of Madness on my whirlkick rogue just to mess up any buffed up self-sharpening blades and it was pretty fun. Not sure if it’s super viable, but it did win me a game against pally and a bomb warrior.

1 Like

PoM is one of the most slept on cards. It works great

1 Like

yeah that’s why I didn’t mention Stickyfinger Kobold, turn 5 seems way too slow to save ya from an aggressive deck like aggro rogue

Plus even if you stole a pumped up weapon, you may be hard pressed to use it for minion removal due to having taken too much face damage at that point to take more clearing minions with a weapon. So 2 oozes seem better vs that one

Hilarious GameStop stock reference btw

1 Like

Steeldancer is literally only good in a selfsharpening sword weapon rogue.

This isn’t too good. Also you can lowroll a bad minion

Weapon rogue is balanced, and Steeldancer is balanced as well due to pre-requisites and the fact that rogue has no access to Upgrade!

NoHandsGamer put it well: weapons rouge is a great deck to climb the ladder but becomes much worse at high legend where players are actually good and know how to deal with the deck. the streamlined damage output makes it fairly straight forward for most players to play (but also makes it boring) and due to it being very straigh forward also makes it weaker against good players. steeldancer is a strong card in the deck but unreliable (you can highroll but also lowroll) in a deck that wants reliable damage and a reliable gameplan.