Big Priest - Again! Fix WILD!

It means I agree with everything that was stated in this entire thread.

I third this entire thread.

3 Likes

I plead a fifth! Or two…

1 Like

Tried again a few minutes ago and guess what?! Still Big Priest behind every corner and in every shadow.

1 Like

But guys, what’s really going to improve your wild experience is autosqluelch or the removal of thank you. This isn’t close to as core of a gameplay complaint.

2 Likes

slams fist Tyrande! That will fix the game forever!

Please stop. All you are doing is scaring people away from Wild.

I can’t stand BP and would love the Resurrect spell or Barnes to get nerfed, but it doesn’t mean I am going to make up stuff. Every informed person knows you don’t queue into BP anywhere near as often as Tempo Rogue or Mech Hunter in Standard.

And I will reiterate, Blizzard will know you are making stuff up immediately because they have the stats.

You can do it. Explain the BP problem without lying.

3 Likes

Greetings fellow humans :expressionless:

I’ve sworn to never touch wild about a week ago and never will unless they nerf ressurrect priest to the ground. Nerf it so hard that nobody will ever try to make it work post-nerf.

It’s been tier 1 for more than 2 years. 2 years! Blizzard either hasn’t learned from it’s past or they just don’t care. It took them 3+ years to nerf opressive combo druids and will probably take them another year to finally nerf res. priest in wild.

What a bunch of complacent, greedy developers hearthstone has. What in the hell are you waiting for? What, you need more proof?

I bet my life savings that 2/3 of the hearthstone devs don’t play above rank 10, don’t play wild and no more than an hour a day. They don’t know and they don’t care.

Don’t play wild if you value your sanity.

3 Likes

Wild is pure garbage at this point. Just so many broken mechanics …

5 Likes

The thing people fail to understand about Wild is this - you can play broken mechanics too.

The whole point is to play crazy, off the charts decks. Wild players live for that stuff.

However, there is a level to how much broken-ness is allowed in Wild.

I hate Big Priest as much as the next guy. These threads aren’t scaring people away: Big Priest is…

Although, it took me a long time to get into Wild because when I first thought about it, I kept seeing these Naga Seawitch threads so I watched the combo on youtube and…nope.

I can’t blame players for making threads about their beloved format though. Every day there is another complaint about standard. Wild players complain about this one thing and get patronized so hard.

“Its meant to be broken…”
“Reports say…”
“You’re scaring away other players…”

You don’t see those responses in Standard complaints.

Rogue is meant to be fast, be able to clear your board and out tempo you. Its just doing what the class intends to do…

Of course Warrior matches are long. Warriors have always been in it for the long game.

Both decks are fine.

7 Likes

The next expansion could be ancient Egyptian themed with mummies and pyramids (based on the roadmap logo). I think it would be fitting if they finally introduce the graveyard system through this expansions. It will make big priest a more fair matchup but not kill it entirely and imagine all the possible new interactions/designs.

1 Like

August 2018 to September 2018

Big Priest:

Tier 1, 6th favourite class, 1 in every 4 match, 9th most played deck (most played one is Star Aligner druid) 53% average win rate. Toggwaggle Druid was it’s worst matchup with below 40% win rate but since nobody played togwaggle above rank 4 (there isn’t sufficient data) it wasn’t a problem for them. Only aligner druid was giving BP trouble.

September to October 2018

BP still one of the strongest. Same counters, around same win rate. Togwaggle and Aligner druid increased in popularity by huge margin. BP is one of the most popular classes up until rank 4 and their worst matchup was Odd rogue and Kingsbane rogue (Pre nerf iirc) and guess what? Odd rogue was everyone’s bane of existence so it’s not a specific counter either. BP got lower deck power from Vs rankings this time by about 6 points less because of Rogue.

October to November 2018

Priest is again rising to popularity: 3rd most played class. BP is close to %8. That means every 1 out of 12 game there will be a BP. Exodia Mages and Odd and Kingsbane rogues are still giving the “poor priest” trouble, below 40% win rate. Rest is pure green. Meta score increased, power rankings are dropped 2,5 points more because of yet another deck with growing popularity that is even shaman (which they go toe to toe with)

January 2019 report

BP is number 1 deck in the game. Priest is the most played class in the game. BP is the most common deck in the game. Vs ranking increased, Tier score increased. Do I need to say more? Like, go and look up the stats. It’s pure green or brighter. Only rogues are giving them trouble. Even shaman is the 2nd most popular archetype and they still go toe to toe.

May report hasn’t come up yet but I’m sure it will be no different.

Nobody is scaring anyone off the wild without reason. Don’t pretend like it’s fine because it is not.

Big priest needs to face the wrath of the hammer-nerf and face it Soon™.

6 Likes

If you are going to lecture me, at least read my posts in their entirety.

Nowhere in my post is, “Big Priest is fine”! So stop making stuff up! Read my post again!

If you are trolling, mission accomplished. If you were trying to convince me about your position, your BS was not needed. If you read my post again with greater than a 6 year old comprehension, you will realize I am advocating for a BP nerf.

1 Like

“Stop making stuff up”

I presented real stats. You may call it bs, I call you on your BS.

“You are scaring people away from Wild”

There are legitimate reasons to be scared away from wild, BP is one of them.

“I didn’t say BP wasn’t a problem. I advocated for BP nerf”

Didn’t say otherwise. If you want to go on about this in a rude way, you won’t have it with me.

Also, if you think there isn’t a reason to be scared off wild (and there is), then you don’t really acknowledge the problem which is BP. Stop getting offended over simplest, sentimental reasons.

3 Likes

You said I said “BP is fine”. That’s what you made up. And then you pretended to lecture me with facts I already know.

That’s commonly known as strawmaning.

Look pal, you are the one saying don’t scare people off wild format. If it’s not presumption of wild being fine as is, then I don’t know what is.

Call it what you want, but, at the very least we can both agree on one thing: wild is not fine-as long as BP exists.

6 Likes

I will give you the benefit of not knowing about my ongoing feud with the OP.

I believe the OP is a smart and intelligent player; and a pathological liar and swiftboater.

The issue I brought up was a misrepresentation of the Wild experience which is a common theme for him in his campaign to get BP nerfed.

I will repeat it for you. I think that misrepresentations of the Wild experience are more damaging than the actual damage BP is doing. Of course that bit is my opinion since facts about what keeps more people from playing Wild are not collected somewhere in VS or HSREPLAY.

5 Likes

I see, fair enough. I’m not a commoner here in forums. I just play the game. I don’t come here everyday and whine about everything; I’m past that.

I’m also experienced enough to realize that this talk of calling any wild deck to be nerfed is nonsense. Blizzard only takes action if it proves to be a) really oppressive and b) involves neutral cards that several classes can take advantage of (e.g. Giants with Naga Sea Witch)

Big Priest is secluded in that, it’s tricks can only be employed by class cards (spellstones, resurrects and servitudes). That’s why Blizz hasn’t touched it.

I completely gave up on wild, seriously. I will never touch it until BP gets nerfed. I suggest everyone to do the same if they don’t want sour experiences. Every game a priest is involved leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

And this comes from someone who made past rank 5 on wild several times. I have tried ANYTHING one can think of to counter them. Even go as far as including Mad Summoner.

The only reliable way to make them suffer is by playing Mill Rogue. (They instantly concede once they realize you are playing mill rogue) Other method is treachery + hound warlock to discard their hand but it’s super unreliable. You can imagine how much I hate big priest.

2 Likes

Mill Rogue, you say?