[BG][Idea] poison rebalance idea and new mechanic

So poison is still not a very healthy mechanic, and I don’t feel leeroy actually belongs in BG.

Poison could be a mechanic where it actually deals poison damage.
say you have a minion A with 2/5 and poison(3) and he attacks a minion B with 10/10
The 2/5 minion will deal 2 normal damage and 3 poison damage. so the 10/10 minion is at 10/5.
Then every time your side attacks, the 10/5 minion will take 3 poison damage.

This would work nice with summon builds.

Then a new mechanic “Curse” which would be applied when attacking. It halves the enemy minions attack and/or Health.
And perhaps it applies through divine shields, since it “magical” in nature instead of physical.

This way the high scaling builds are still effective, they can be brought down a bit, yet the more you scale the higher your stats will be anyway.

Just 2 ideas, leave a comment on how you like them and feedback if you have improvements.

Let’s make these big enough for blizzard to implement them!!

Reminds me of the bleed effect from mercenaries, they should implement smth like it in bg definitely
Poisonous does sorta have a place in bg as a counter to the big boy builds, but i agree it can really get out of hand

Just instant killing a high scaled minion is a big FU to the one who worked hard to get it.
So just halving the dmg and/or health would not invalidate that hard work.
100/100 becomes 50/50, 200/200 becomes 100/100.

You feel wrong.

“Rock is a big FU to scissors.” Well, yes. Doesn’t mean it’s bad. Because believe it or not, the game shouldn’t be around playing a game of solitaire where the numbers go up. It should be about understanding what your opponents have and countering them.

very helpful feedback

1 Like

I edited in some, but you replied first. My bad, shoulda submitted later.

Just having 1 giant minion destroy your comp you spent all game building is a big FU to the one who worked hard to get it.

Poison is a necessary evil.

If you read my first post, you can see alternative solutions to big minions.

Both suggestions are simply killing poison because you can. They would both be fine additions to focus on for future tribes.

Poison is fine in small doses. Simply limiting the amount of it is better than just removing it.

1 Like

By the way, if it isn’t obvious, if Poison is Rock and Big Stats is Scissors, then Deathrattle/Reborn is Paper. Leeroy doesn’t fully trade with an Acolyte of Cthun, it dies running into a Ghoul, and Poisonous is meaningless against things like Mama Bear + Rats or the best build in the game right now, Khadgar Pirates.

If you’re thinking Beasts are a joke build, that’s like a Scissors main thinking Paper is a joke choice. For the way you’ve been playing, yeah. But not really.