BG - Why do quillboar exist?

Remember when Quillboar came out and they were like beasts…everyone was forcing them?

I can’t remember the last time I saw them win a game. Please buff them or remove them. They can’t compete with the current meta.

they are getting buffed next week

It won’t matter. Quillboar don’t have the scaling of Dragons, Demons, or Beasts even with the upcoming patch. They have 0 utility to increase value, and lack poison/shields. Only useful card is Groundshaker for buffing dragons

The minor starting stat buffs to Quillboar and Pirates doesn’t address the main reason people won’t play them. Giving a few minions an extra 1/1 and not buffing the scaling or utility doesn’t change anything. Demons can scale 50+ stats in a single turn, Dragons can do the same. Show me where a Quillboar can compete.

Think they just forgot to add new quillboars when they added the new minions. They fell out of the Top races after the 2nd major nerf and didn’t get anything when every other race got superbuffed (except murlocs). I think they should probably just revert all nerfs and then they may be used again.

Wasn’t it just Chargla not buffing herself, and the other tier 6 from 1 gem per 3 gold to 1 per 4? Or was there any other quillboar nerfs? Because reverting those 2 won’t change much.

They were nerfed a few times.

This is how they should look.
+1 atk on roadboar
+1 atk on phophetboar
+1 atk and health on Bannerboar
another +1/1 for the first gem on Bristleback Brute
getting two shards from each attack of a golden bonker and +1 attack to it
and the ones you mentioned.
Groundshaker buffed itself too
Dynamic Duo +2/2 base stats
Charlga +3/3 base stats
and the ones you mentioned.

While they’ll still be weak with all the nerfs reverted, it’d will be at least a bit better, and you may highroll.

I’m still not entirely convinced but happy to see it.

Quillboar and Mechs are the only builds right now that aren’t predicated on some sort APM type playstyle which means they’re the best when playing on a phone.