BG Just give the players what they want already!

What is the point of a format that gives some players a super hero, while giving others heroes that are junk in comparison? As if a little armor can make the difference. Let everyone play the hero they want to play!!! Let’s players develop a favorite hero and work to fine tune the way to play. The game is supposed to be fun, right? Then let the players have fun. Why force people to play with heroes they don’t like. I just quit when i get crappy hero lineup. Does Blizzard prefer players do that? You wanna make money?! Fine!! Selecting ANY hero would require the battlegrounds pass. There.

do you really want a lobby with 8 players and 2 heroes?

that’s good! I would do it as well.
They also decided to give XP based on time rather than action,so people are incentivized to AFK games; it seems they are OK with people not playing their game, what’s important is that it seems that people are playing

2 Likes

Or you could actually learn how to play the mode, but that doesn’t seem to be on your radar atm.

You do realize that there are no extra rewards for rank, so you can just keep conceding until you get a hero you like?

Funny story about how bad the predictor is with death rattles and secrets( edit: Note that I am playing as azkazamzajack secret dude), though… I had game this morning where I have .1% chance to tie and zero % chance to win on the predictor. I did nine damage to the opponent’s face and knocked him out of the game.

The best thing for you would be to turn the buddy off and just play.

Also, if you’re regularly getting hit for 32 you are most assuredly doing it wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, buddy. Learn to play? Sure. I’m a 49yo lifelong gamer with most likely more experience in the format(2214 hours), so maybe you shouldn’t make stupid assumptions. I have no interest in playing with a big hero disadvantage.

If you’ve invested that much time into something you clearly despise, I think that says more about you than the folks telling you to find something else that maybe suits your tastes better.

Plenty of people I know (not me, I don’t enjoy BGs) have less time sunk in the format than that but have no problem bouncing around the 10k MMR area.

1 Like

i dont play for ratings. i play for fun. So, i regularly concede BG when I know I have no chance anymore. Or, if just a poor hero selections.

I am over 1200 hours in it and playing about 9k rating right now.

I have almost 3k top four finishes and over 1k first place wins.

I play almost exclusively BGs until very recently.

I don’t have any of the issues you are describing because they are related to your approach to the mode more than the mode itself.

Experience is useless if you don’t analyze it and learn from it.

3 Likes

A little armor can make an entire world of difference lol. There have been plenty of games where I just needed an extra 1-2 health to survive a hit, and then the following turn I’m able to power spike and turn the game around. In my experience, the armor patch has been the best one because it’s brought so much more diversity of strategy to the table. Heroes like Reno or even Edwin get an extra turn to find a triple or scale a cleave minion and it makes an enormous difference in the outcomes.

Variance is a huge part of auto-battlers, so if your frustration is that you don’t like things changing every time you queue up a match, maybe Battlegrounds or TFT or Super Auto Pets aren’t the games for you.

3 Likes

Yes, you have much less hours played. You’re trying to make it all about questioning my ability rather than questioning the current setup. You’re the type of person that accepts what they are given whereas I’m the type that is always looking to improve. You think the format is better where some players get a huge hero advantage over others? I have no idea where that thinking comes from, but whatever.

At the very least they should add rerolling (not to the pass, but in general) where you get other heroes the other people haven’t chosen/can’t choose from currently. Accidental duplicates shouldn’t be a problem: they’ve programmed a protection that prevents Bob from offering all 8 players the same tier 6 minion breaking the limit, they can do the same with players rerolling for heroes.

Well, we all play the same set up and you’re having a different experience. Seems like a logical question.

I don’t think the sky is falling and I don’t think the imbalance is a bad as you seem to.

I think armor changes and buffs really helped.

Exactly, if having 2 of the same hero was a problem why would they have the hero that lets you pick your hero powers, thereby allowing for 2 of the same hero ability in the game.

No thanks, I like the way it is, but thanks for your suggestion anyway

1 Like

Finley is like a three hero reroll option you can find at the start of the game or on f2p.

I think they’re saying bgs heros are a way to freshen up the game, but if people could choose the same hero every every time, all you’d probably see would be like a sea of Rafamms or a war to pick the same tier 1s every time.

2 Likes

Dude imagine a lobby with 8 Diablos!!!

OK, now I want that so much

1 Like

adding armor has prolonged the game to over 20 minutes which is moving away from the original vision.

Ever since they added staff to the BG group theyve added dead weight to the game that detracted from the original vision.

the beta was so good, it hit on all cylenders. They’ve destroyed that game with HS standard game mods.

why

if your bg match isnt 30 mins you arent bg ing very fun imo. if im out under 20 min it prolly cuz i picked someone i hate like the one that finds the missing third to make a golden. it never picks the correct pair i wanted to be golden. it always snags another pair and there goes my chance to actually pull ahead. freaking hate we cant pick which pair we want to go triple