BG - DEMONS - just cannot beat them

I seriously feel like this tribe is becoming a huge plague… There just isn’t enough counter for their huge sizes that they can grow to be… And everyone is trying to play them… Usually half of my opponents are a demon tribe, of some type… Is blizzard ever going to address this? Or do they just not see that it is becoming a problem? The only true counter I can even fathom, is poison murlc, and I almost NEVER see them anymore.

The problem with demons is wrath weaver. Pushing watcher to 4 is pointless when the problem is on tier 1. Wrath weaver scales too well because you get it at tier 1. Watcher is pretty much pointless at 4 since by the time you reach tier 4 you wont have enough health to really buff it.

You want to nerf demons? Move wrath weaver to tier 2 and move watcher back to 3. This slows their early game down a bit while keeping the high roll tier 3 spike alive. Both beasts and mechs hit a stride there and these changes would do the same for demons.

1 Like

The only demons I see are mostly juggler builds. Rarely any weaver/floating builds anymore besides Tirion.

Basically this. Not sure who is still trying to pull off Big Demon, but it’s a lot harder with Watcher being semi-useless. Weaver can still get huge, but that’s been around since day when when Demons were arguably the worst tribe in Battle Grounds.

I’m sure people still get smashed by a big Weaver, and that Demon whose health scales to the damage your hero has taken plus Brann, but that is not a regular thing. The vast majority are doing Juggler builds because getting a golden Juggler or even just two regular Jugglers are a ticket to top four nearly every time.

It’s a ticket to top 2 if it’s golden really. Only thing that can beat them is late game murlocs, which beats everything else anyway.

Current demons are mediocre. Either you hit the Jackpot with early watchers (extremely rare), or you die in midgame from semi-buffed setups.

When you spot a demon build, just buff your attack. A golden weaver won’t hold long just by itself. Juggler the better option, but weak to high health boards.

The only hero who can pull demons reliably anymore is Tirion (which might got very strong in the current patch)

1 Like

I’m seeing a lot more people going for murlocs now, I’m thinking its a result of the Watcher nerf. played a few murlocs games myself and does feel quite a bit easier to assemble a capable team.

edit: thinking about it, powerful heroes like tirion and deryl typically stay low tier for a while, meaning they deal low amounts of damage. combine that with the demon nerf and slow strats like murlocs become much more viable. :sweat:

the secret to winning demons is not really a secret, play poison, though I am not really seen that much competition from demons, what is erking me is Tirion and his auto win heropower, I think he has knocked me out my last 3 games

1 Like

there’s no much difference between tier1 and tier2, specially not when most people buy their weaver+demon at turn3

for it to make sense, we would have to move weaver to 3 and keep watcher at 4, or make murlocs more prevalent which we don’t want either

yeah, I just had decently built murlocs with poison (through toxfins, no megasaurs pulled) and brann, with a 6/68 battlemaster, still got wiped because of a tyrion that had massive stats + divine shields…

sometimes I wish they would just revert all nerfs, keep the buffs, re-add amalgam and delete tyrion

1 Like

Well yeah Wrath Weaver has been in since day one, buy now there are 2 more demons at tiers 1 and 2 to scale early

Pushing weaver to t2 would totally killed demons builds, especially for afk. Most times I go demons is only because I get weaver and demon in start tavern… or weaver and junk. It’s a super tough build since you can’t really afford any losses. And if don’t get golden weaver early you’re at half life with them only mediocre sized. Do you pay attention to the demon builds you beat? Or, only the one’s that get the lucky good start and are super tough to beat?

i agree. i have seen too many starts with a wrath weaver take over. highest win percent for a reason. it is a bit over powered where it is at. with that said, it normally isnt a random scrub winning with demons.

Are there some ppl that just live to necro posts? 8 months old. Really DrEch?

4 Likes

I saw this on the first page, and was what the hell, who can’t beat demons did I miss something with Zephrys showing up? Demons suck hard right now IF you can get a golden Juggler, you can MAYBE hold on to a top four spot assuming you can dodge the massive health Elementals who will just smash your board because 6 damage is laughable.

At this point Demons could seriously be taken out of the tribe pool and totally reworked. They suffer greatly under the original philosophy that tribes were going to be made up of cards already in game. Take em out rework the tribe and send em back in.

nah i am just blind, sorry