Battlegrounds update 16.4

The dragons have finally reached Hearthstone’s Battlegrounds.
However, I do see many people complaining of this patch, which I feel that somehow Blizzard didn’t have a test team?
I’ve seen people mentioning minions doesn’t behave like their tier level anymore and i completely agree.
I feel like its more on luck now, on who can get the most dragons and whoever can get to tier 5, or discover tier 5 to get Razorgore will likely win.
Razorgore is like an innate brann in its own, but the thing is, its effect triggers at the end of the turn. For people who plays brann, we all know that if we were to discover brann from triples, our next turn would be slightly weaker since we spend the 10 golds on increasing tavern tier to 4, and buying a minion to make triple, essentially we will just be playing a plain 2/4. But Razorgore effect triggering at the end of the turn is quite busted, there’s no drawback for this card. I’ve seen razorgore going to 50/50+, which i feel kinda unfair for Battlemaster. Both of which are in the same tier. I know there is some difference, but since everyone is playing dragon, razorgore is likely to buff itself at least +4/4 per turn. And Razorgore itself is a dragon.
Another problematic card is deathwing, pretty sure if there is a test team on blizzard, they would have figured out how one dimension this hero is. Its essentially tirion with more flexibility. Additionally, the +3 attack sticks to minion, which means if u were to triple, u get a free +6 attack on the minion. My suggested nerf to this card is that --> At the start of combat, give all minions +2 attack. May be too huge a nerf, but not as buested as using alleycats with inbuild pack leader to take down tier 3 minions.
Talking about ratpack, why is ratpack in tier 2 and infested wolf in tier 3? I mean don’t they have statistic to show that ratpack is a lot stronger.
Oh well, above is just my 2 cents on this issue. 16.4 did take away a lot of fun i had playing battlegrounds. It really feels like whoever can get the dragon synergy at start would win.

At least you can play the game…I get to play “let’s go to the store to start the download”

1 Like

I hate the new Battleground patch, this patch took all the strategy out of the game and made it pretty much completely RNG based.

It is now like playing the lotto. Adding in that many new minions just means its way harder to get a build going, so you have to be way luckier. Same thing with adding more hero’s, some hero’s are far far better then others so just roll that dice right at the start of the game.

Use to be strategy to the game, now its almost completely RNG, there is just too many cards, they need to increase the amount of cards in Bob’s Tavern by one starting at tier 3. So Tier 2 is still 4, Tier 3 is now 5, Tier 4 is now 6, and tier 5 is now 7.

Still won’t fix it though, they added just far to many minions, Especially the tier 6 minions which are already hard to get, now its even more roll the dice to try to get the one you want.

MORE RNG, LESS STRATEGY, terrible patch.

1 Like

Are you even serious? Dragons are crap compared to Cobolt Guardian and Tirion. Those 2 things are still the strongest things on battlegrounds and they eat dragon builds for breakfast.

Tirion is completely unbalanced. You will see Tirion win or get top 3 every game he is in.

1 Like

Dragons suffer the same problem with Murlocs, you have to get to tavern 5 and 6 to get their good minions, which means in most games you will die before you can get them to work. Good luck going Dragons when you take 20 damage from Cobolt builds in midgame cause Cobolt is a very balanced card.

1 Like

my consensus too. i really think they didn’t test this well.