Battlegrounds - post patch - less fun?

One of the complaints I had about Battlegrounds pre-patch, was that there was such a huge variance between ‘hitting’ the cards you need and not hitting them. Wasn’t just a small difference in power, it was huge.

Post-patch, it is even harder to hit the right cards, as there appear to be more avaliable and therefore more options that do not assist you at all, so more chance that cards you do not need appear.

For example, 18 cards were added and 10 were removed.
One T5 drop removed
No T6 drops removed.
Three T5 drops added.
Four T6 drops added.

That is two extra drops in T5 and four extras drops in T6 above what was there before. That has a significant impact on the ability to get the synergy cards that you need when you have a choice of 3.

Which increases the luck required to hit them.

I can honestly say that I am not enjoying BG post patch. I have had a run of bad luck and that doesn’t help, but routinely missing the cards game after game, is not really enjoyable.

Hitting the cards is enjoyable, whether you win the game ultimately or not, building that strong board is the fun part of the game, building on synergy, gaining triples and hitting the cards you need is rewarding and it was fun.

Now, I can hit 3 triples in a game and not hit a single Tier card that synergises with my board…yes of course bad luck, but made harder by design?

Making it harder to build a strong board, doesn’t enhance the fun. It makes it frustrating and highlights even more how winning/losing is not in your control, of course that was always the case, but you could get 3 triples and have at least only a rare chance of not hitting ANYTHING you needed.

Now it is routine to miss everything because the number of cards available has increased, with no corresponding increase in your ability to get the right card.

1 Like

First off, I enjoy(ed) BG a lot.
However, it’s just as terrible as before. The problem is balance. Blizzard is terrible at balancing their games.
Demons are still OPAF. Murlocs can be on high rolls too. Everything else is average and depends on how lucky you get.

everything is broken in this bg. New hero and Dragon just made the game worse. RNG is still a problem. We need to replace these dev NOW.

I am loving the patch.

You are 100% right, but for me everything you say is a positive, because it now feels like you get rewarded for picking the best stand alone minions and hitting the Tier upgrades on time until you naturally hit a comp.

Before patch you were rewarded for lucking out on turns 1-3, and somehow continuing to luck out at low Tier in spite of having less choices in the Tavern. Which is more difficult to do now with the added minions.

1 Like

if everything is broken nothing is :stuck_out_tongue:

The things that annoy me the most are from previous patches, not this one. I actually enjoy this one a lot. But Tirion and Cobolt Guardians are still disgusting and ruin all the fun

I do enjoy the new update but unfortunately when you have bad rng you can get hit for 20+ damage at turn 7 because of the addition of many 4,5 & 6 drops. I feel like it would be a good idea to increase the total HP of every hero and thus decreasing the pay-off of good RNG and increasing the payoff of good transition from mid to late game.

question: why does the deathrattle from replicating menace on Sneed’s old shredder (summon microbots) occur before summoning a random legendary minion. All other battlecry/deathrattle combo’s / interactions in HS BG and competitive occur in order of first playerd/first minion. This feels really off blizzard