[Battlegrounds] Hooktusk from #1 pic to last

Absolutely worthless hero now. Literally just a token buy now.

My guess is she is tier 3. Better than maly but not by much anymore. So yes she was completely gutted. I feel like making her power 1 would have put her in tier 2.

I have lost 500 MMR in this new patch, haven’t had a single top 4. This patch was for high tier streamers only, it was their complaints that caused these nerfs.

Thanks Blizzard, I will never get out of 3K

I’ve done pretty well even though I just play on a account with 2 hero choices. I just choose the hero where it would be the best to play murlocs or dragons since they’re by far the best tribe to top 2 with. I played the new Bran hero once and my hero power rolled into a megasaur at tier 6 almost every time.

Probably helps that Megasaur is basically the only tier 6 minion with battlecry.

That makes the Brann hero feel rather broken with murlocs. Ah well.

Funny thing is I lost to Millhouse of all heroes who had divine/poison murlocs with bran and I never found Bran that game and never got poison with like 5 megasaurs. But yes it’s a great hero to force murlocs because high chance of seer, primalfin, bagurgles and so on.

Jesus Christ did Blizzard go poachers on Hooktusk…
Took the ivory right out of her mouth.

I suggested a nice balanced 1 gold cost(maybe even 2)… this just wrong.

Can we call PETA about this???

Gutted yeah, but she was kinda stupidly OP.

I do wonder if a gold cost increase would have been a milder way to do it.

2 Likes

It would of slowed her down more and not be able to snowball as hard.

New bran strategy for dragons is never go to t6.
Triple at 5 for a maly and refresh at 5 for all the battlecries. There are barely any on 6

TBH, I found her not so terrible with the nerf, you can still get lucky and you’re still getting the chance to transform tokens for free.

Much worse is pretty much everything else they changed or added this patch, it’s a mess. Brann is OP, every game I see someone using him they’re up top - at least until someone else beats them to the boring usual Murloc ridonkulousness.

Brann is absolutely kicking (bad word according to this forum, rhymes with grass) right now. It’s a good thing Blizz hired us for free to beta test this shiz (well technically we pay them for the pleasure)

…how the hell did you get there in the first place?

My 8 year old is 4.5k screwing around. You need to watch some streams or read some more before you complain about the meta.

1 Like

I would have just used a CD. Make it not available every turn.

One thing though, Mukla isn’t as terrible as many seem to think, maybe they haven’t actually tried him yet? I see people moaning that you’re only getting an extra banana than all your opponents - maybe they missed the part where you get your 2 bananas on the same turn, your opponents only get the one at the end of that turn, so you get an extra one a turn ahead pretty much.

hooktusk nerf is brutal.

I would have rather seen a CD on it than remove the discover. It’
s not a good power now.

Its one thing they dint balance murlocs but then they release new heroes that are completely bonkers friendly with murlocs.

Tess can copy all the murloc boards shes bound to run into or ez bran copy.
Bran just generates sick amount of battlecry murlocs.

Every single game I been in with bran he has gone murlocs and been top 4. Not a huge sample size but it seems pretty easy. I have gotten tess 4 times and no brann yet.

1 Like

its weird I was approaching 7kmmr and now I dropped below 6k, I was wondering if it was anything to do with the changes either effecting how people were playing or maybe the new heroes or if the patch had brought more people back giving more competition to the brackers I don;t know?

almost every game I played people are forcing murloc making it pretty hard to force them myself

I just don’t understand why they nerfed her this specific way when Malygos already exists? Random minion from the same or lower tier? Same tier please! Only my minions or also Bob’s in addition for no extra cost whatsoever? Obviously the extra option! What benefit does Hooktusk have now?

She definitely needed a nerf, but we didn’t need her become Malygos’s incompetent sister.

1 Like

All that matters is early game in bg so later you can upgrade and not get crushed by pirates maybe. Whole mode is breaking down they better do something soon. Just look at the list of good heroes at hsreplay. Every single one from tier 1 and tier 2 have early game. Late game heroes are useless and just die early. They cant compete. The change that needs to happen to help balance BG alot is summoned minions deal 0 damage.

If you lost 500 at 3k the problem isn’t hooktusk getting nerfed it’s that you were allowed to ever win with it.