Battleground: to people complaining about getting steamroll without triples

Many seems to say that if your luck is bad, you just get steamrolled. Here I am at tier 5 without a single triples and eventually finishing third. With every bad RNG, alot can be done to try to mitigate the effect instead of trying to find triples and just secure a win instead aiming for first.

Ps: I don’t even have amalgam…

Is it a troll post?

Deryl is the one who actually doesn’t want tripples cause its less stuff to sell for hats…

C’mon 3/10 troll post

11 Likes

All the daryl vid I watch still get triples from murloc tidecaller or alley cat at the start. It’s hard to sustain a game with everyome getting triples but I am just saying even without things can move on. I wanted an amalgam and I have 2 cards ready to triples especially after tier 4 when board is full. I cant even find a minion worth dancing. So I just sticking stats to stay alive in the game.

Also I don’t know if daryl need triples or not since I hardly play him. I usually play on the move so I don’t have the time to think of the dance normally and hardly play in a focus situation. This is like my 2nd time using daryl and first one have triples per normal.

Well, what I’m saying is that deryl is the worst example for this kind of problem. Cause he can do fine wo tripples.

EDIT: next match against Nef, and you got some divine shields I see. How’d it go? :stuck_out_tongue:

Took 16 lol. I have a bad board. Knew it won’t go far. Struggling to pump stats just for survival. Getting a third is pretty decent in those draws.

yeah any top 4 wo triples is a BIG win!

Yep precisely my point, dont get dishearten without triples. just try and struggle, you wont get first for sure, but not losing points is great.

yeah, but thats also huge part of what’s called skill in auto-battlers - understanding how powerful you are in comparison to others and knowing what’s your aim:

If you see you can’t win, you aim for top 4

if you see you are really weak you just trying to survive as long as possible. (Now, with new mmr system losing 100 points for 8th or 30 for 6th is HUGE difference).

1 Like

There’s a lot to be said for this. Most of my 7th-8th place losses have been where I have 3 different pairs ready to go for triples and I waste 7 re-rolls because “I have to get at least one soon, right?!”. Of course I don’t and lose with my weak board and curse RNG.

In this case it was entirely my bad decision making. If I sold the pairs for solid cards I’d likely have gained 4th place at least.

Played one today and was done.

Jaraxxus had a 18/18 with taunt demons already on turn 3.

and another hero has the perfect Rat Pack double scavenging hyena with beast summon +3 attack boost.

Of course the AI was too stupid to attack the bonus moon giver and the scavenging hyenas. It attacks the DR so everything can become super mega.

2 turns later Jaraxxus now had a 30/30 minion with the typical deal 3 dmg when a demon dies backup on the end. And DR beast players was still comfortable at number 1.

I had to play vs Jaraxxus 3 times. In the end he was a 38/38 Wrath Weaver with 20/20 back up demons and new level 5 demon recruits. You know how all these cookie cutout tactics go. I never faced the other hero who moved into second when 3 were left. Beat DR player dropped to third when it was only them left. I take it Beast DR player never got the DR wolves give your beast +4/+4 perhaps.

Since the last time people metioned that dancing D is not a good example since he do not need triples.

https://imgur.com/a/WzmnpeJ
https://imgur.com/a/NdsanjZ

I have 2 new examples that you can get by without triples. I finished 1st for one and 2nd for the other by the end with only 1 triples in the end.

What was your board? What was the enemy setups?

You do not need tripples if you highroll better than your opponents.

Can’t rmb since I didn’t screenshot it. It was a decent board but I just can’t seems to get triples. There are many rng complainer that mentioned how they unable to get trips and die at 8th place. Just want to prove while they are good, not getting them isn’t the end of the world.

I think my mill board was some CG CG egg shredder both with taunt divine shield some. Annoy o taunt divine minion and a balvar. My only triples is a golden balvar in the end. And that trips give me a foe reaper.

Tripples alone doesnt give you the win. Thats true.

For example golden Alleycat or Righteous Protector means nothing at all.

What decide most games is how blessed you are with tavern rolls. Being offered good minions or better minions than your opponents is the main factor. Not tripples.

Sure, tripples might decide the game outcome when multiple players have same luck in tavern thus for example golden egg might win you the game against same board with normal egg etc. Or speed up the game if you get good minions from discover.

But yeah - those who means a lot of tripples = 1st place are definitely wrong

More of those who hoard pairs and keep rerolling for trips. But trips is good at T5 since I rarely go T6 and discover of T6 is pretty good. Other than that, prioritise good minions over triples. I agree with that.

1 Like

I mean, last game i had 3 tripples with tavern 4 and 3 with tavern 5.

I looked for Baron rivendare and Kangor because i had mechs. Didnt find one while opponent got golden rivendare shortly after…even if you get tripples you still need lots of luck

1 Like

A new record for me. Winning the whole BG without a single triples.

https://imgur.com/a/6DCFXOA
https://imgur.com/a/udhUrj2

So I guess as agreed by many triples is good but shouldn’t be the sole focus on your rolls.

Can you rather post your board instead of this? I do not want to sound mean but these images has 0 meaning to be honest.

We do not see what opponents you have faced, what was their board, how many times have you faced certain opponent etc. but alteast it would give a small clue what was going on there.

EDIT - I really do not want sound mean :smiley: it just interests me. Thats all. 100% more than screen with no tripples

I took your feedback!! The 2nd link is the board. This time I remembered!!

1 Like

Bloody hell! Thats some pretty huge board :smiley:

Early Sensei and taunt buff?