Battleground Duos Needs Ban System

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how earnest and cooperative most players try to be when playing the new Battleground Duo mode.

The most consistent issues have been with idle/afk partners, and I don’t think it would be easy to differentiate between intentional and non-intentional cases. Most of us would be happy to accept that this is an area that is too difficult to moderate currently.

That said, I’m a little gobsmacked that Blizzard released a cooperative mode without including ANY method to reduce blatant & intentional toxicity. I filed a ticket today with screenshots that showed plainly a partner that had sold their entire board and used red X icons on every unit on mine.

The GM that answered the ticket suggested that I might make a helpful guide on toxic behaviors players should avoid and post it here to the forums where perhaps a developer might also notice!

…Because as we all know toxic players are ALWAYS browsing the forums for hot tips on how to manage their lack of emotional regulation. :joy:

So I suppose I’m here to hope a developer notices this post and realizes that releasing a cooperative mode without a reliable way to report toxic behavior is not a great idea.

TLDNR: :sparkles:At the very least GMs should be able to review screenshots and issue bans that get subsequently longer each time. :sparkles:

1 Like

There is a way to reduce toxicity, start adding partners who are good and after a while you’ll have enough people to queue with where you don’t need to play with randoms.

because why pay someone when you can get them to work for free.

0% chance, no dev has ever read anything here and never will.

Agree, but that’d mean Blizzard employees actually doing things

1 Like

You failed to understand your place. Your place as the peon meant to support his glorious triumph.

1 Like

What triumph? Is he the king of the nihilists or something?

1 Like

Hilariously I carried their empty board through multiple rounds. My first clue that the person might be insufferable should have been the username “TH3J0K3RQc”.

I agree that BGs could use report system, but it will be also abused to automatically ban everyone you disliked to play with. And then you will get bot response from customer support multiple times before they tell you, they will ban you if you continue appealing.
Do not even try to convince me that blizz will take a look at anything, this only happening to influencers from streaming platforms.

Its the begining of the end, anyway.

Also we can’t report our teammates not because of report system doesn’t exist, its because your team go bottom of “recent 5 players played against”. Its friendlist tab design issue.

I personally quit HS bgs solo-duo, because players above 6k are impossible to play with. Imagine Nguen using Hollidae ability 1st turn, then selling a unit 2nd turn because of Gallivix one. Does it make any sense?

Imagine C’thun, who used his ability and turn 2 instead of buying 4-5 demon for a gnome card (I don’t really read names, sorry). 4 > 12 (stats difference)

Also people skipping their own turn to watch yours just in case you miss their cards. They don’t understand that this game has curve and patterns. They just demand. Most of the time having full board of 2-2 1-2 units. And after I gave one of them desired magnetics, they kept them in hand with only 5 units on the board. Now that made me mad.

Best advice is to not play this mode solo. or forget it for own mental health.