Basic cards missing (again!)

Since today all basic cards are missing, except for Mark of the Wild (US server only, this does not happen on EU and Asia server). Opening the card collection manager or any decks does not fix this.
Quest log shows total level 518.
Starting the game on US takes forever (PC located in Germany) btw.

Update: never mind - resolved in the meantime
Update 2: Again today - exactly the same symptoms. Really??

1 Like

Kinda the same thing for me but in the Asia server. All none golden basic cards disappeared. (NA and EU are fine)

Update: Fixed itself after a couple of restarts but this is the 3rd time it has happened in a week

Same here, missing all basic cards except Mark of the Wild.

EDIT: Opening Hearthstone on mobile shows all the basic cards available and I can create decks with them, but opening it on PC again shows them as missing.

EDIT 2: The cards mysteriously reappeared again.

I have the same problem too. For over a month my basic cards have been disappearing and reappearing and then disappearing again mysteriously. I haven’t checked it on android but i do have this problem on PC, Americas servers!

1 Like

Basic Cards are missing again !!! Its back all the basic cards have suddenly vanished today on 28 Dec 2019 on the American Server whilst playing hearthstone on my PC…all the decks are showing incomplete and when checked are missing basic cards whereas have all the heroes of level 60 !!!

Yeah, this is an issue on their end. It happened to me once when I was downloading something, thought it might have been because of that. I stopped the download and restarted my game and my cards were back.

But since then it has happened a handful of times.

And that is not the only problem. Lately I have had to restart my game client every other time I open it. I go into my collection and the client freezes. Then I have to restart the game. Additionally, and I suspect it is the same issue, I will go into gameplay mode and start a match, the client will again freeze, causing me to restart my client. After a restart everything goes back to normal.

If the problem was on our end a simple restart wouldn’t solve the problem, as our situations are mostly static.

I mean, if you have a poor Internet connection, restarting your game client is not going to suddenly fix a poor Internet connection. Just saying.

It seems the game client is in a state of decay at the moment. The problems just continue to mount. One after the other, the newest added to the previous. I dread to think how the game client will be behaving a year from now… With new problems being added to the already existing problems.

I wonder, at what point does Blizzard fix the problems? Do they wait until the game client is completely inoperable?

I’m glad it’s not just me. I haven’t played for about two years, so I’m starting over when it comes to Standard. I’m not the best at building my own decks, so I went to Heartpwn to see if I can build any decent decks for Standard, but I got the ‘Hero is locked’ error when trying to paste a deck. When I searched for ‘Basic’ cards, only ‘Mark of the Wild’ showed up. I guess the main reason I’m posting about this is just to add to the number of accounts running into this issue (if anyone is even keeping track).