Banning cards VS Wild rework

The purpose of this post is to see how many people would prefer to:
ban problematic standard cards from wild for their standard life-span
VS
people who would prefer to see them adjusted so they can still be played in wild under a new form, while leaving the standard version untouched.

Do it in this format if possible:

What I prefer: (BAN or WILD REWORK)

Pros: (list, use few words)

Cons: (list, use few words)

Further notes: (in case you want to explain in detail your choices)

I start:

What I prefer: WILD REWORK

Pros:

1. more variety in ladder or in meme decks (depending on the rework)
  2. freedom to experiment decks/archetypes: I choose what to play
  3. every card in your collection could be used: I’m not holding a card for only 50% of its value

Cons:

1. high probability of encountering bugs
2 Likes

What I prefer: Wild ban
Pros:

1. more variety on ladder with older decks making a return

2. consistency: every card is the same in both Standard and Wild

cons:

1. None, really.
2 Likes

Prefer rework:

Pros, the card still gets some play. Reworking will give more variety as there is a new type of card available. Power levels can be adjusted so that it doesn’t dominate.

Cons, none.

3 Likes

already suggested nerfs b4…same list as b4 for me

like 20-30 cards needing nerf(not listing them all over again…not today)…maybe when dev ask directly on forum…but for now i dont wish to as thats a waste of time

1 redesign(priest quest)…if things get fix this one need a redesign because limiting amount of turns in control vs control is just bad design…especially with a class that can effortlessly survive…and there no counter play to that other than otk//aggro which control deck ain’t design to do

1 partial revert(Illucia)…she can be fixed better(posted in a different thread how to…but just for sparing looking at other threads)…simply add an enabler for opponent to take their hand back(at 2 mana cost)(effect would be much weaker than rebuke//loatheb)(technicly reduce max mana by 2 for 1 turn if they take their hand back immediatly(also similar to mana burn spell from Illidan that cost 1 mana)

illucia is not just nerfed. She is squeezed, punched, put into the washing machine and then tumbled in the dryer before being tossed into the fire to burn. I can’t see why anyone would ever use that card.

Temporary ban followed by rework with the new expansion and unban.

pros
1.Won’t affect the devs work flow and they’ll have time to figure out what needs to change.
2.Will allow for wild to be feel different from standard (for a bit they were about the same)
3.Won’t make the devs use a lot of their time to include new concepts in the game (cards that are different in standard and wild), since it currently does not exist.

cons
1.We won’t be seeing fun stuff with the cards, that can only be done in wild.
2.Harder achievement completion.

1 Like

Ban now, rework later.

Which will happen to the quest demon seed card once it rotates out of Standard.

2 Likes

So the options are:

1. Ban and rework in rotation
  2. Ban and immediate replacement by a different card that shares the name and artwork of the banned card.

How about an Option 3?

1. Ban and immediate replacement with the same card that would be replaced in option 2, but now properly being given its own name and artwork.

Ranked Preference:
A. 1
B. 3
C. 2

dont ban wild cards, and instead balance the format since it has way, way, way more cards to deckbuild with.

its super easy to balance on a rough scale all u do is look at the big mana cheating packages and nerf those down and/or just intro counterplay to mana cheat that isn’t mana cheat on its own. busting illucia is not that direction.

pros
we can deckbuild
cons
if you dont deckbuild and only go on youtube for decks you can still do just that, so, there is no con.

2 Likes