B and C tier archetypes, What is your favorite that could get better with new cards?

Just curious, We all use and abuse whatever the flavor of the current meta is for a competitive advantage, But I for one, also have a few off meta decks that I have toyed with for years that every now and then gets an easter egg card with new expansions that slowly makes the decks better.

The last 2 seasons i have been playing the “them bois hunter” thats the side quest toxic reinforcements deck. I have successfully taken my variant of it from bronze to diamond 5 2x seasons in a row. I strongly feel a few more supporting cards could push it into the meta. I really enjoy it.

I am just curious as to what other off meta or meme decks you guys enjoy that if given a little more utility or a few more tools could rival the meta.

1 Like

I don’t know if hero power mage is off-meta enough, but it definitely needs a few more tools to get it over the hump.

4 Likes

its about in the same tier as them bois hunter. roughly same win rate (in the general 45-50% range)

That is a good one that if pushed a little could get there.

I love BIG DECKS and deck control, but this is not possible in this meta. There are no cards in the standard to crumble all this aggro game. Aggro game must be destroyed along with the cheat mage.

The nasty Jaina chitter magician must be destroyed. Don’t play as a magician. He ruins the whole game!

After the last round of nerfs, i think that rogue is hurting a lot, with his best deck being t3.

the “main” expansion had a lot of support for weapon rogue and some support for miracle rogue (that still sees experiementation) but at the moment it feels like it lacks… something.

Bouncing Alex is a good late game finisher but it’s simply “too late” for the likes of rogue to reliably reach that point in the game.

So, either a midgame bomb to seal the game, or to force the opponent in the defensive, or defensive options to actually reach endgame, is needed to boost the archetype.

I’d also love a reason to make Scabbs better than simply running Kazakus. So i’d put great 4 drops to fix the above issues.

Elemental shaman feels almost there imo. It needs a tiny bit more draw, not something major, either an extra (or two) early/mid game card generators, or a bit more cycling, and it’ll be there.

Agree completely on rogue. Miracle rogue was my favorite deck pre-nerf. Without pen flinger going face it just can’t work well enough in the current meta. There needs to be another reliable and repeatable way to chain field contact.

Big spell hunter (yes, standard).
I just need a way to survive the early rounds, which is super easy agaisnt warlock, but impossible against paladin and… hunter (face).

The new epic that is free in the reward track looks very strong and it’s also very fun to play

1 Like

Taunt druid is a lot of fun when it works but boy is it ever hard to make it work. I’d love if they give it a bump in the mini set

2 Likes

I’ve had some success with Brukan/Weapon Shaman. It has decent early game and insane damage output mid game. If it gets a few cheaper nature damage spells, it would probably be broken

1 Like

How do you feel about OTK Maly Rogue? I got slapped for 30 damage unexpectedly once and never ran into the deck again. I was pretty impressed.

1 Like

I’ve never seen it played.

I want to try Thijs’s list with Alex and Tenwu for final burst.

I really like Hero Power Mage and Elemental Shaman.

2 Likes