Aviator Bob Kills App (iOS)

Same here. I tried all my iOS devices iPhone and iPad, but they had the same issue.

Same here… game unplayable due to Bob… :triumph:

Same happened here. Hit settings and concede to break the cycle.

Oops, going to go delete my post I made as I found this thread. Pretty annoying, thanks for the conceding tip.
Wonder when it will get fixed?

I tried it on my ipad and iphone. Both crashed as soon as I loaded up Aviator bob.

We’re looking into this to identify the cause and get a fix out as soon as possible. Will update as we make progress!

7 Likes

Settings doesn’t work for me

… conceding doesn’t work for me, actually. I can concede, but it just takes me back to Bob again, which still crashes. I can’t find a way to restart the run.

EDIT: Duh… It takes me back to the “Your next encounter” screen, and from there, I can hit Back to get to the main menu. Works!

SAME HERE. I looked at responses from hearthstone on the app store reviews. They said to delete, and reinstall app. I tried that. Not only does the crash still happen, but all my gold is now gone. Stolen. Thanks Blizzard.

1 Like

as soon as it opens up the match, as quick as you can; concede the match. Then arrow back to the main menu. Then at least you can play regular matches, but Don’t play tavern brawl again until hearthstone/blizzard gets their gashes together and fixes it.

Tavern Brawl is impossible to continue.
1.Started tavern brawl
2.Conceded on the third boss
3.The game took me to Aviator Bob and talked about a “second chance”
4.Aviator Bob encounterstarts as a regular boss with 3 cards in hand, and not as a friendly encounter
5.The game crashes

On reload, the game takes me straight to the Aviator Bob encounter and crashes again. The only way to end the loop is to concede and end up in the main menu. The tavern brawl is stuck on the AviatorBob encounter and is impossible to restart.

1 Like

Same here, doesn’t seem to be any kind of support for lost gold. Hopefully there’s a way, I lost around 4300

Do you have access to some other platform? A Mac or PC or Android you can play Hearthstone on? You should be able to start the game there and finish the Bob encounter, then you can go back to your iOS machine and keep playing there.

2 Likes

You have to be quick if that helps!

My gold vanished after I conceded to Bob but when I went to the shop it appeared again.

You guys are the worst, really, and the other ios crash issue? STILL there I got sick of you.

Same issue - it’s a shame as it seemed like a great tavern brawl idea

More than 11 hours and no update?

Same here on iPad Pro. Lost against Murgatha (with Bran), got Bob and directly after showing the initial cards it crashed…
On my Mac I was able to finish the friendly bartender encounter without crash, and then I could play on my iPad again, the final boss Sir Finley. After winning, Reno showed up on the side and said “here’s one final portal”, but immediately afterwards it crashed again. After relaunching I only saw the 8/8 Defeated! screen, with the “Back” button being the only possible choice.
Got that same result earlyer with Reno finishing 8 bosses, it also crashed directly after “here’s one final portal”, and never got that final portal.
Next time I’ll finish the 8th boss on my Mac, hopefully that won’t crash…

You could promote the workaround (finish Bob on a Mac/PC), afterwards the crash doesn’t happen any more.
However there is a second crash immediately after finishing the 8th boss and Reno saying “here’s another final portal”…