Are they ever going to add an in-game report function?

So many toxic people in this game that add you to curse you out, or spam emotes and rope every single turn. My god, has anyone actually been banned in this game for being toxic?

2 Likes

I had someone curse me out when I beat them with my meme BigLock deck with only high mana minions. Yeah there should be a way to save/report the chat log.
The rope situation I think could be addressed by shortening their next turn. Say by 15secs? If you play something within the time frame and end turn so the rope doesn’t appear again, the timer is reset. If not then it just snowballs to the point they don’t get a turn anymore for being a douche

if you dont want them to be toxic to you, dont add them

2 Likes

This man be psychic…he knows when people are gonna insult him before they are added to his list.
What are the lottery numbers for tomorrow O Wise Sage?

3 Likes

Emote spaming just squelch, rarely is necesary to do it more than once a day but it depends on how long your play sesions are.

Roping while not all turns need to be long and is usually considered common cortesy to play fast at the end of the day it’s still the turn of the opponent not everyone has the same mental agility and not all decks are easy to play optimably you don’t like don’t play a game that requires another person to imput actions I hear solitaire is quite fun.

Finally when accepting a friend requests be prepared to screen capture or don’t accept at all the request from strangers or oponents you just beated since it turns out people get salty as evidenced by how anoyed you got by this things that have simple solutions at hand :wink:

2 Likes

if you add no one, no one can be toxic to you

6 Likes

This right here. 20 chars

2 Likes

I don’t understand how people get added and abused so often.

I try to be as toxic as possible and can never ever encourage people to add me back after a game for a friendly chat, is it just a skill you are born with?

1 Like

No, because then the same toxic people would start abusing said function and it would add a substantial workload for them.

2 Likes

There was an option to Report in the Blizzard App. The App stores your conversations too.

Hahaha they cant even add better chat options like loby rooms,guilds some things like every game has and so on … Milion of things they can add but no its more interesting just to have a play button and que in the same 3 decks over and over hahaha.

Generally speaking, when someone loses and sends the Friend Request, you should brace yourself. Maybe they really do just want to talk about your deck, so don’t accept and start talking trash right away, but brace yourself. It’s, like, 90% of the time because of salt.

3 Likes

Yes Tuesday the 7th of July

Irony or trolling of a guy named ropemaster complaining about people adding them to be toxic. I know what gets my guess.

In game reporting… ROFL!

So Bliz would then have two options:

1. totally ignore the bazillion reports they get each day
  2. hire an ARMY of human resources types to go over the bazillion reports

In the first case, the plain ability to report them might be enough to satisfy your inner hall monitor and maybe your game experience would be improved. But nobody’s getting punished. And once you figure that out, you are going to be REALLY angry.

In the second case, they divert a huge amount of budget from game improvements to resolving reports. So one of two things happens. If the bulk of the reports are just whiners having a bad day (thus not actionable), then they wasted a huge pile of salary budget for no improvement. If the bulk of the reports are actionable, they ban a bunch of people. If it’s enough to measurably improve the overall game experience, then queue times probably increase. If not, then again, they wasted a bunch of money.

In other words, in game reporting would be a giant waste of money which I for one would prefer they spend hiring some more developers to build new game modes or improve playtesting and thus future game balance.

2 Likes

Yeah, and their unfriends are quick, so I always have my “Cool story bro, would you like some chips with that salt” pasta at the ready on those occasions before I accept the FR. :smiley:

1 Like

It’d be like saying: “if you don’t want to risk getting your heart broken, just be lonely forever!” - sure, it’d definitely help preventing it, but it’s not the point.

I want to make HS buddies, and I’ve made more than 1 by accepting invitations after games. However those couple guys who just wished my mother cancer should be able to get reported.

1 Like

This sums it up perfectly. I dont condone the rage requests, but an in game report feature would only be abused. So it would effectively be nothing more than a cosmetic option, or be outside of Blizzards “budget” for non-essential staff. And thats before you even consider the amount of tickets asking “whys was I banned” by people abusing the report feature.

Its simply not realistic to have such easy access to a report feature in HS. It would be abused far more often than people actually breaking any part of the CoC/ToU.

OP - I presume Hearthstone GUI was made with limited communication to avoid reportable communication, and the option to add a friend to allow a bypass of that constraint extends trust to the player as an empowerment that puts trust in each player’s natural ability to be selective in the extra communication they want exposure to. You are effectively telling Blizzard forum controllers that you cannot be trusted to police what you expose yourself to. Also, roping already has reduced time when the entire time expired in a previous round, although I agree that a better time-punitive design would improve the general game experience while adding more skill pressure.

Yes, please let’s report people because in our own mind the person is being a schoolyard bully.

We don’t know what their intentions are and please stop pretending that we do.

If you have added someone as a friend and let them direct message you then it’s your choice to take that risk. To stop it from happening again you just unfriend them and the problem goes away.

Justice is a failed concept and needs to die a quick death already.