April Fools coming. The joke is warrior cards aren't real

Right? It’s all some big super early April Fools joke and we’ll get the real Warrior cards on April 2nd, right?

… right? :worried:

16 Likes

Since when do you play warrior?

I don’t play Warrior often, but I know neglect of a class when I see it and it’s not right for other players.

10 Likes

Oh, I don’t disagree with that at all. I was curious, hope that didn’t come off as a dig at you. For me, I think warrior is up there with rogue in classes I hardly play. Nevertheless, warrior players deserve to be able to play their class effectively.

2 Likes

Warrior has become a neglected janky abomination the last, I can’t remember, they used to be control based now they’re so strange.

How’s it’s all pirate based/enrage based.

The warrior cards look insanely weak so far, hopefully i am wrong but so far they look weak me as well.

Also just not interesting so far

3 Likes

Warrior will field a tier 4 deck that only hobbles along by using BRnR to put giant 40/50 taunt minions in play that Hero Power Druid, a likely tier 1 deck, can’t deal with. If Druid fails, Warrior will fail.

/tinfoilhat

Just unleash a sh-tstorm and we might see warrior buffs? :face_with_monocle:

Honestly this part is more than fine it’s awesome. The rest of it is a mess.

Yeah. Tell me it’s April Fool’s. Please!

Do you guys not get armor?!?

5 Likes

I know you’re kidding but legit if this WAS some giant fakeout and they reveal that Warrior’s cards will have their numbers adjusted to be good or something before the actual set releases then it would be the biggest troll in the history of the game.

2 Likes

I disagree. I don’t think the cards are necessarily weak on their own, their problem is that there’s no critical mass of synergy to make them coherent for a strategy. It’s like how Disco-lock was always bad in Standard but eventually became a beast in Wild because of a critical mass of good cards.

1 Like

I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again; Warrior had a legit tier 1-ish deck in Sunken City, which apparently made some devs furious so it ate some of the harshest nerfs I’ve ever seen a deck get, and has got trash ever since.

It honestly feels like something about Warrior getting a good control deck was a personal insult to some of the devs at this point.

1 Like

IIRC it got nerfed because it gained enough armor that people couldn’t kill it before Kazakusan came down. Also, Smite was too good in Nellie.

Meanwhile, Ramp Druid in Nathria and early MotLK:

3 Likes

The joke is, all those cards are actually Priest cards.

Right. And priest got nerfed for having burst healing that was also AOE and for discovering so much they could stall the game infinitely. And they weren’t even a power outlier. Apparently the devs just didn’t want that playstyle for priest because they were saving it for DK.

For warrior, the question is what can it do that other classes can’t do better. Priest had a similar problem, and got a corner on the board flood strategy, and now maybe even a late game control strategy, both by making rez fairly exclusive to priest.

Can warrior do the same with weapon attacks, armor, or some new mechanic? Seems like hunter/ DH and druid have those two wrapped up.

Not much. Seems the people that develop this game forgot about warrior and conveniently tossed all that jazz druids way!

1 Like

Speaking of out of season April Fool’s jokes:

2 Likes

You understood that reference!

3 Likes