Anyone got tips for beating handlock?

I cant beat it on any deck I play (Beast druid, aggro/elemental shaman, face hunter, or small druid)

It seriously has an answer for everything, unlimited board potential, draw potential and healing. I cant get around it, and im too broke to craft another deck at this point. I literally have a 100% loss rate against it. I track my games, pretty much every other class is around/above 50% winrate.

I’m playing in diamond 1-2, and this deck combined with poison rogue are keeping me from legend. Help?

4 Likes

Which face hunter deck are you running?

Here’s the one I play with:

AAECAR8Cj+MD5e8DDt6+A9zMA6LOA+HOA4LQA7nSA4biA9zqA/DsA/f4A8X7A8OABLugBOGkBAA=

Crescent helps with thief rogues a bit. Not an ideal solution, but these few percents could grant you a legend after all. :slight_smile:

You’d want to mulligan for trogg(s) with buffs and to set it on board either turn 1 with no coin (with risk of removal, but reward is no quest this turn) or turn 2 with coin to have it 3/5 which slows warlock down. They’d still have chances to remove it on t3 though.

Otherwise this is basically the same face hunter game plan as for the most other decks. Plus face hunter counters weapon rogue if it doesn’t have an early gnoll.

3 Likes

I’m playing a slightly different version of face hunter; ill try it out tomorrow! Tbh ive played face hunter the least because its kind of boring. But I really just want to hit legend at this point, ive spent an INSANE amount of time rising to D1 and falling back to D2.

True, it could be boring at times, but as a most competitive deck for hunter right now I have to stick to it. :slight_smile:

Good luck with legend this season!

2 Likes

Direct damage.

Warlock needs health to play as much as It needs mana.

You can switch to a Very agressive deck or Just tech some direct damage.

Tech direct damage works better If you know how to exploit the warlock gameplan but play agressive decks are the “easy” solution.

if you look at the matchup spread it´s specifically playing as little minions as possible and as much burn from hand as possible.

Because playing minions gives the warlock an efficient way to heal (they can still heal off their own minions, but that is really inefficient) so if you can do without that´s great.

And as they will reduce their own health down to around 16ish most of the time at around turn 6-7 to finish the quest and reduce giants that sets them up for an easy finish with a burn deck.

1 Like

Hey, I don’t have specific strategies to beat handlock, but I’m here just to applause your posture in coming here to ask for tips instead creating a topic “NERF THIS, NERF THAT, THIS GAME SUCKS, etc”.

It would be great to see more of that.

4 Likes

Rastapal, my modern day Dear Abby, is spot on. Try for irontrogg and buffs at start. It can be a frustrating match because they have a ton of removal like you said. Compound that frustration with the low diamond grind to legend in this rogue dominated meta and you have a recipe for a head-to-desk banging good time. Keep at it, you have time post patch next week too.

2 Likes

Poison Rogue and Mozaki Mage. Also Buff Paladin, because they have a hard time efficiently removing all of the Divine Shields.

1 Like

You can abuse polymorph mechanic. 4 cost spell polymorph and 7 cost mass polymorph.

1 Like

If handlock is gonna be the new meta I’m running face hunter until the cows come home!

2 Likes

Btw, there’s an updated list:

AAECAR8E4c4Dj+MD5e8D25EEDd6+A9zMA6LOA4LQA7nSA4biA9zqA/DsA/f4A8X7A8OABLugBOGkBAA=

1900-2100 so far :smirk:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the advice! Ill try that deck soon as i decide what old legends to dench to make Tavish…Most of my dust is gone for some reason now? Hopefully blizzard works it out

As to wanting to scream nerf this nerf that Lukbel…Oh im thinking it, but theres no point in screaming into the void. Blizzards gonna do what blizzards gonna do. No one from blizzards reading these forums xD

Here we go, going to take another crack at it, wish me luck!

You may save your dust and not to use Tavish yet. It is there especially for thief rogues and is not much needed against warlocks. The first list should work just fine for you against both handlock and weapon rogue.

1 Like

It’s easy, just kill them.

1 Like

Focus heavily on face damage
Don’t worry about Warlock minions on board unless the windfury combo would kill you.
It’s really a race.

Handlock also hates really BIG minions, so the bigger minion you have, the better. It doesn’t have hard removal.

Other than that, good luck because there’s going to be more of them now that it evaded a nerf.

2 Likes

Merlin-

If you are diamond 1-2 like you say, and I have no reason to doubt your veracity, it is all about the grind. It stinks and I have been there many times before. This season felt more difficult than others to get legend but you have the skills and tenacity and experience. Grind and drink when you get that last star to legend bub.

ps- don’t underestimate piercing shot and your hero power as hunter to get through rogue immunity. Setting up to piercing shot your own 1 HP minion to bust through is fun. Many rogues don’t know piercing shot and hunter hero power works for damage immune rogues because both rogue decks are so OP till they get nerfed a bit on Tuesday. Same for quest warrior but they aren’t very good at higher ranks as you know and despite all of the complains. And same for the most annoying deck right now. Mozaki. Even that deck will be slower. Face hunter looking even better post patch, at last pre-legend.

1 Like

It actually is good at legend right now and should be great after 25th. Can’t say for top 1k yet, but my journey from 3500 to 2k was smooth (9 games long winstreak).

You could easily stick to this deck for now.

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for the encouragement, i just hit legend with rastapal’s hunter deck! Dropped in at 7k, im super stoked thank you everyone so much!! Big shout out to Rasta for the deck list that broke me through, youre the person!!!

1 Like

My sincere congratulations, Merlin! Well done. :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like