Anyone else feel like Battlegrounds is a distraction?

Frankly, I feel like it’s more of a ‘gotta milk that cow’ trend. Before that everyone wanted to make a battle royale game/mode, before that Steam was being spammed with zombie/apocalypse surival games. Now the new trend is auto-chess.

I agree, although I am not sure about what mode it is supposed to replace.

They don’t seem to have any idea what to do with the game to make it accessible to ‘normal’ players.

Just about every multiplayer mode is out because of the insane overpowered decks that make it pointless trying to play to win, even in casual.

And the solo content is just insanely overpowered boss fights that become absolutely no fun to play.

They seemed to have changed that with the last expansion, but after the first - very good - wing they defaulted back to stupid random overpowered bosses that only make you want to play it as part of completing a daily.

I am not sure if I have completed the 3rd and 4th wing and I can’t be bothered to check as the 2nd made me lose complete interest.

It just seems to be a panel of designers who can’t get past legendaries and cards that fill your deck and board with legendaries.

With each expansion being an arms race increase of the next.

Before a couple of days ago I had never heard of auto chess and I still don’t really understand what it is and can’t be bothered to look it up.

It isn’t even a genre I was aware existed and it sounds even more banal that clicker games.

No. You formulated your point as if it was rigged and pushed you toward specific counter decks and that’s why people were around 50%. I’m pointing out that it’s false, not only because many can achieve above 60% WR consistently, but also because MMR is based on very simple math. Not conspiracy. Formulation matters.

If you don’t want to sound like a tinfoil expert, try not to imply you get matched against ‘‘counters’’ on purpose. You get matched against better on-average players the higher you climb.

Also on topic: I don’t think BG is a distraction either, like many said it sounds like they’re just hopping on the trend train.

so im 100% right you just didnt like the word “counter”. got it. i posted that exact thing earlier but comprehension must not be your forte. so once again you just repeat my words but still try to insist im wrong. weird.

facts.

I counter like counter the counter word counter counter, I counter don’t counter like counter when counter tinfoils counter pretend counter the counter game counter is counter rigged counter. Whatever counter you counter said counter in counter following counter posts counter is counter irrelevant counter as counter I’m counter refering counter to counter your counter first counter post counter.

Welp, maybe if you had proper

You’d understand why people replied to you. Thanks for the personal attack though.
-Counter.

1 Like

i had to heart that comment. nothing is better than watching someone truly express their discomfort with being triggered as childishly as possible.

1 Like

Don’t worry there is no trigger inside me. Let’s deviate from the subject for a moment. If you read my comment, how are you interpreting my feelings? You might think I’m making fun of you, or maybe think I’m so mad I need to type a certain word so many times, right?

In reality people will read comments with a certain voice, or emotion, if they wish to estrange someone. Reading it with a calm and composed voice isn’t very antagonizing, so they’ll imagine whining instead, much better! Now the person is immature and deserves ridicule. Kinda silly to me.

The most interesting part is how people are then making things up to follow these delusions. Let’s say I claim: no! Mystic! I am not salty! Then obviously you wouldn’t believe me regardless of whether it’s true or not. Same thing for if I make up my mind and decide you’re an idiot based on whatever interpretation of one piece of text you wrote at one point in your life on one kiddo card game forum. It would be pretty unfair and silly.

What if I told you I actually enjoyed writing Counter in between every words? Shouldn’t you be happy that I’m having a bit of fun? Or worried that I have too much time on my hands?

At this point, regardless of whatever, you and I are whatever the other decides we are in our minds, based on what little we know of eachother. It won’t matter how hard we sarcastically deflect or mock whatever we think is justified to, or try to deny anything, we’ll be, in eachother’s head, whatever we think the other is.

Also I’m high

Distraction or not, it’s ultra boring and I find it insulting that they dare charging people to “improve” their decks for this mode. Well, fools will buy anything these days.

1 Like

YOOOOOO @XtheMystic is a bro! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Thanx for pulling that BB quote out on wutzhisname! I was rolling at how you made him eat crow on that! :joy: But seriously this forum has a few consistent “Fan-trolls” that mindlessly defend Blizzard no matter what, and to me that are just as hysterical as they claim these “conspiracy theorist” they troll are. Its good to see one get Shut Down!

But yeah, the new game mode is interesting, I’m not gone lie, it needs something thoe… it made me go play SCII Desert Strike again actually, and THAT made me want a tournament mode for standard Hearthstone even more! the “ladder” in Hearthstone dosen’t feel authentic to me, in a truly random card game it would seem that you could hit a niche where your deck could go crazy azz streaks before the “meta” developed an effective counter. [some might argue you can now, and sure its possible-ish] However I’ve seen streamers with complete card libraries, fan help, and the advantage of being able to influence the meta through their following struggle to win back2back matches with insanely OP & super expensive decks. At least when playing a friend it feels like its possible to actually “break their deck”. I used to be possible to build anti-meta decks a few seasons back, now the matching system has no shame in matching you verse a deck than is lined up to counter you play4play. Even thought it won’t fix this type or matching, this is why I say Hearthstone needs a tournament mode, at least then we could collect trophies and such for besting familiar opponents. Let us fight the same guy twice sometimes just to prove how fluky/or not a deck is at countering ours! I’m sick of “perfect curves”. I wanna enter an ALL SHAMAN tournament and see how other primary Shaman play/think! I also would like an end game stat sheet that gives me insight into my opponents most used card, avg time per turn, longest/current streak, etc. These are some of the improvement Blizz should make! Auto chess is cool n all but this dosent fix what is wrong with Hearthstone… its a band-aid. A band-aid with pokemon on it.

1 Like