Anyone else absolutely sick of roguestone?

I cannot actually remember a time when the meta/ladder was so completely lopsided by a SINGLE deck (Galakrond rogue). Even cube-lock wasn’t this bad. Thanks a ton balance team.

11 Likes

I am sick of Phase Stalker…use your hero power and play a scrt from your DECK…YOUR DECK ! Not your hand, not a scrt already played but from YOUR DECK. what is this and why is it real ?! Its almost as bad as any Shaman nonsense.

1 Like

That is because Cube-lock was a very very expensive deck to put together the Rogue one is cheap when the cards it uses have been needed in the past for their other decks.

Also easy to beat IF you know how to play around their cards

I opt instead to just beat everyone else. So as long as my win rate is improving against all the other classes, I just don’t care what Rogue does. With rogue being more of a control or midrange(tempo) deck, and everyone playing aggro decks to counter it, I am finding that Priest is the optimal class at this current time.

It is not the meta that needs to adapt to you, it is YOU who must adapt to the meta.

There is no sense in complaining about it. You have two choices; you either adapt to the meta or you leave. Pick one.

One thing is for certain, complaining does not improve your win rate.

2 Likes

People often become bored with (whatever)Stone, When new cards are released, the OP is discovered. Folks hope for new dominating classes but get triggered to find the same class is still ruling.

Then they nerf and the classes say once again. From Prieststone (seasons ago) to Druidstone (Jade), Hunterstone (Dk Rexxar), on to more Hunterstone, to Shamanstone to Whateverstone.

To me its all just a rating PATTERNS happening 100s of times a day. Whatever class youre facing. Rare is it you find some home-brew deck that brings refreshment to other 1000 matches you play until new cards are released.

The game isnt exciting whether you win or lose because so much of it is AI controlled. A game mechanic designed to lay out the cards in the same sequence again and again.

Galakrond, say Rogue
Play class cards that invoke Galakrond
Play Maniac invoke galakrond
Play Shield of Galakrond invoke Galakrond.
Make you army of lackeys saving those precious give a minion +2 and taunt for SMORC’ing time!
Which is about now as they drop Kronx or Galakrond.
Now SMORC SMORC SMORC!

Over and over and over again. Paladin, Preist, Hunter, Warrior, (class identities) doing the same thing with the same cards over and over and over again.

So you just drop the cards over and over and over again. Meh, I won. Meh, I lost. No joy, no bitterness to seeing uncontrollable play. Now and then an eyeroll over the how VERY COMMON a so-called high roll keeps happening.

3 Likes

@Metal

Funny cause playing my Rogue deck I beat Priests 50% of the time (which is fine with me) and I beat aggro decks more then they beat me.

1 Like

I am pretty tired of it. I mean I just had a conversation with an opponent (which I presume to be a teenager) who said I was using a “tryhard” quest Shaman that was “outdated” because it was only popular 2 expansions ago. And he presented it as if he was the underdog essentially because he was playing a quest Highlander Galakrond Rogue. He had the core of any Highlander Rogue but with more RNG generation/steal cards. We were at Rank 5 and complained that I was playing quest shaman and not a “total meme deck” like him.

Besides my tangent here, I have to say this is going straight to their heads. Just like me when Shamanstone is in season, I like the fact that I’m winning more often and turn a blind eye to balance and just know Blizzard will overnerf it. While they let Rogue slip through their hands time and time again. You can’t have class that has good early game tempo and good value generation and all the draw they could want with lower mana costs with Edwin Van Kleef available to them.

2 Likes

It’s not just this meta. All of Rastakhan meta was basically poison. Then Dr.Boom borefests for 6 months coupled with turn 5 conjurer’s calling plays. Let’s not forget Evolve Shaman ‘shaking up’ the meta…and now 20 minute rogue matches, 15 of which is spent watching them play 4-7 cards a turn while roping due to near infinite value from lackeys.

Couple that with single player money grabs and actually it’s been a pretty unemployable year to me save the Uldum meta pre wild event. I’be got no qualms with the balance team. Nobody’s been fired (far as I know) so they must be doing a good job. But I’m not paying $250+ annually for this anymore. It’s not fun.

3 Likes

Are you guys priest players? Cause priest pretty much auto loses to rogue, just as everything else auto loses to priest… at least the rogue deck has some what of decision making to think about… just cause it’s a good deck doesn’t make it OP

I hate Flik. :frowning:

3 Likes

Guys , Iksar aka Ayala the lead designer is a Rogue main :poop: Do you really think he cares ?

1 Like

Phase stalker is hardly a threat compared to many other things. Plus, the secret is random. It’s so random, that it’s not even appropriate for the situation half the time -_-

Y’know what I hate more than Flik. A Flik that gets Shadowstepped. That’s a 4 mana 4/4 that keeps you from playing certain cards. It becomes a game of chicken at that point. Do I have more to bait out this one removal card that completely counters Eye of the Storm? Obviously in Rogue vs Shaman matchups Flik is really good. Only a mediocre card vs Highlander. Not to mention drawing it with Galakrond or Wonderous Wand for (0) mana.

Will Boompistol Bully be enough to tame Rogue? I don’t know if just delaying one turn and having less options for one/two turn will be good enough? Maybe? I mean everyone can run that card and it will just be awkward of who gets to play it first.

2 Likes

I’m seeing hunter, warlock and shaman just as much as I’m seeing rogues. This was my primary reason for switching from res priest to treant druid when I returned to the game earlier this week. I’m 34W-15L with 18 percent of games vs both hunter and rogue followed by shaman and warlock at 14 percent each.

Maybe this will change when I hit legend? But in the past 2 days, I’ve had 9 games vs Rogue and only 1 loss? Maybe try to craft treant druid for days you are seeing a lot of Rogues, it seems very strong unless they are RNG favored and you get a super crappy mulligan.

1 Like

In short yes.

I’m sick of their random generation and 0 mana crap and I have stopped playing ladder.

5 Likes

I wish flik killed all of the selected minions in the Rez pool :frowning: I mean it says where ever they may be surely that should include the Rez pool!

Rogue can be countered easily… it’s not much of a “stone” just use token Druid and face hunter, both of which are pretty cheap to craft…

Ps: Please nerf Rez priest

Rez priest is an auto-lose when I face rogue, but I’m not complaining.

besides the fact you can destroy whats already been destroyed

if you did it would just double the “destroyed minion” list

Rogue Drops RNG bias Zephyrs 1/30 Legendary on turn 2
Rogue Drops RNG bias Legendary Waxdread on 5
Rogue drops RNG bias Legendary Vancleef on 7 making him a 8/8

Rogue has RNG bias SI 7 early to help control the board. Rogue has other RNG bias cards like backstab etc to help control the board.

Game is totally 1 sided slam dunk whipping. Whipping emotes Well Played when there was nothing well played about the game as it ends on turn 7.

3 Likes

I try to stay away from conspiracy theories but I can’t lie, I think there is an rng bias in rogue. The sheer frequency of how they get the perfect card from supposedly ‘random’ generate and discover effects is astounding. I genuinely feel like I am playing against Zephyrs 2-5 times a match.

Having your 9/9 taunt Demon from abysmal summoner sac pact from a random 3 effect a few turns earlier and losing feels so bad. It is enough to not want to play if 1/3 matches are against the class.

3 Likes