Android disconnecting every single game

Are any of you using Arcane Tracker by any chance? I seem to get the same issue (dropping to main menu while queuing) if I’m running it. Otherwise is working OK.

It’s on all regions, it kicks me to the home screen and main menu music starts playing. By the time I relaunch the game, my mulligan stage is over, or it just for a split second allows me to mulligan, which is obviously not enough. I’ve lost 6 games now and my Android phone is currently the only device I can play on. It’s annoying, besides other countless bugs. I hope Blizzard can resolve this issue and many others ASAP. I understand how tough and time consuming bugfixing is, so take your time Blizz <3

1 Like

I do use arcane tracker

I think it’s the issue, queue getting interrupted. As soon as i press “start recording” on Arcane Tracker it drops me from the game.

working fine for me on samsung s8, android 8 with arcane tracker.

@ Hatchet You are on to something. After reading your comment above, I tried loading a game with Arcane Tracker off on my Galaxy Tab S4 and it didn’t disconnect after match making. Most definitely has something to do with Arcane Tracker causing the problem when running on android devices.

Thank you for the reports. I believe this may be the result of an issue that occurs when notifications popup while in the app. If you are using a third party app that sends notifications, that could be triggering the issue.

I’ve sent the information we have to be investigated further. Thank you for your patience while we work towards a resolution.

Same problem. Switch app and back to hs = title screen. Xiaomi mi8lite. I tried to delete arcane tracker - still title screen.
Upd. Reinstall doesn’t fix this problem for me

I am but stopped using it to test and still got the problem.
Still occurs if I switch out of the app too.

Even when running a vanilla game (nothing else running what so ever except standard android apps on the samsung experience) I get this issue so I don’t think it’s entirely notification related.

The point also is before the patch I could switch out of the app no problems for a a few seconds. Few too many I’d get the new “disconnected internet and trying to reconnect” message which was great and convenient.

Now if you switch for even a second you are completely kicked out of the game and have to try reconnect before your turn is over.

I imagine if this switching problem is addressed then the problem I have of every single game kicking me will also be resolved since there is probably something at the os level happening that HS is seeing as me switching out of the app for whatever reason.

Hi everyone, Arcane Tracker author here.

It’s still very early to tell what’s going on exactly but you might be able to workaround the issue by disabling screen recording (settings -> disable screen recording). Your rank won’t be uploaded but everything else should continue working.
Let me know if that works for you. In all cases, I’ll post an update once I have more details.

Hi Mbonnin,
Thanks for tracking this. I’ve done some testing this morning and can confirm that screen recording is causing the problems.

Disable Screen Recording: Game functions as normal
Enable Screen recording: Error returns as described above.

This is currently happening with arcane tracker v. 4.14 (the most recent update) and the previous version which I was running yesterday.

Yeah I just confirmed it’s Arcane Tracker causing the issue too.

But thanks for narrowing it down to screen recording.

One thing I did note was that it would still occur if I had closed Arcane Tracker via the menu option but it wouldn’t occur if I Force Stopped it - does arcane tracker still run in the background somehow even after closing it via menu?

I am fairly confident the issue is linked to the problem where if we switch out of a match now we get disconnected as this started happening at the same time.
So possibly something to do with the game seeing Arcane Tracker switching out of the app when the match is about to start as to what it records with screen recordings?

If Blizzard can fix this switch out disconnect issue they’ve created in the latest patch I’d say it will fix the Arcane Tracker issue too?

Yes, starting screen recording requires a new Android Activity to be started. This activity is transparent but it still puts Hearthstone in the background behind a transparent layer for a very short time.

Yes, most likely

I can confirm this as well. If I switch off Arcane Tracker it seems fine.

You don’t have to turn it off completely. Just deactivating screen recording should do the trick

I’m not on arcane tracker and this issue of being forced returned to game is also occuring, since the new update.

Looks like this disconnect is fixed in latest Hearthstone version. You can enable screen capture again.

1 Like

Hi!! same problems here!! after update my HS disconnect…always!!!please someone with same problem and fix it??

HI, same problem, but reinstall does not works!

Please HELP to fix the bug Blizzard! Thanks :wink:

Every single game im disconnected; 3 times in one game today; was on a winning streak and loat 3 in a row today due to disconnect and wasnt reconnected in time. Is anyome doing anything about this?