Andriod Devices no longer compatible after 23.0 patch [Main]

I think this is it for me with MS Blizzard. See a lot of problems with Android being reported besides ours, and not much in response or updates. If they had told me after patch to get a new device, I could accept that. This is worse. After two weeks you think they would say something. Found a new game anyway.

2 Likes

Which one? 10 characters

Was hoping that this would be addressed in the patch yesterday, but no luck. What’s the news blizz? It would be nice to know the official devices supported here or if this is an issue with the play store or what.

2 Likes

I have thinking about buying a new device, but how can i choose a new one? I dont know what will work

3 Likes
1 Like

This isn’t the issue here, our issue is that we cannot even download or update the game from the play store. Despite previously being able to with no issue. Not having problems logging in.[quote=“BangCrash-1948, post:37, topic:84429, full:true”]

[/quote]

3 Likes

I don’t understand why they aren’t giving us any information. I wouldn’t mind buying a new netbook but I have to know what’s going on, why isn’t it showing in the store for so many android users?

2 Likes

Been 27 day’s since the customer support from Zuvykree… i’m not sue that we are getting any info on this one?

2 Likes

I think they mentioned this problem in the 23.0 known issues list: “[Added 4/13]: The team is investigating reports of shop issues on Android devices.” If so, at least they admit it’s a bug

2 Likes

Hopeful that this is addressed in tomorrow’s patch.

2 Likes

At least it’s not a Feature…:wink:

Howdy!

Sorry for the delay on updating this but I found out some information. After investigating this issue with patch 23.0 we made an update to our system requirements that impacted an extremely small number of users.

We dropped support for the ETC1 texture pack which will impact older devices thus now require ASTC texture pack. A rule of thumb here is if your device supports OpenGL ES3.0 then it supports ASTC the new standard.
It may be difficult to find out if your phone support’s OpenGL ES3.0 or not. You may try looking up your device on a site like gsmarena, locate your GPU then comparing it to the Platform Usage section under OpenGL ES 3.0 Here. You may also contact the device manufacturer or cellular provider for assistance.

If you have confirmed your device supports this feature along with our other system requirements listed Here. Please post your device’s model name.

Thank you.

1 Like

It appears that my phone model should still be supported from the info that i am finding. Motolora G6 Play - US edition has a Snapdragon 427 CPU/Adreno 308 gpu combo which according to what i am reading on the qualcomm site for that chip model (and gsmarena) should support OpenGL ES 3.0.

2 Likes

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10, the game worked before

UMX u693cl

It has a processor , a graphics card Adreno ™ 308, a RAM memory 2GB and an internal memory of 16 GB.

1 Like

Hey, I don’t have a PHONE issue, I have a CHROMEBOOK issue, it’s a samsung chromebook. I don’t want to play with a phone, I want to know what chromebook is compatible.

I’ve never had any issues (outside of Blizzard delay android update compared to pc update) until now. I played since beta and put a good chunk of money into this game. I am not some crybaby about my phone not working. I want to know what netbook I can play this on so I can buy a new one since people are having chromebook issues.

1 Like

My tablet also has a Snapdragon 425 chip which according to the chip’s info page supports OpenGL ES3.0.

When can we expect an update or ruling on this?

I’m using a Pixel 6 Pro with Android 13 and have been able to play at high refresh rate but the latest patch has me unable to create a deck, view my collection or start a match. PLEASE fix this issue!

Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) here with Android 7.1.1

exact specs:
www#gsmarena#com/samsung_galaxy_j5_(2016)-7869.php#j510fn
gfxbench#com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx40&D=Samsung+Galaxy+J5+2016+%28SM-J510x%29&testgroup=info

supports OpenGL ES3.0:
en#wikipedia#org/wiki/OpenGL_ES#OpenGL_ES_3.0_2

Amazon App Store latest version
Hearthstone starts, trying to download the update, going to Amazon App Store
No update on Amazon App Store
searching for Hearthstone in Amazon App Store: it does not show up

So it’s not my hardware, it’s either Amazon App Store or Hearthstone having the update problem?

Please help!

Hi. Trying to troubleshoot why my decks are not synced suddenly between phone and PC. This thread seems like it might be part of the issue, so I am verifying. However, the official HS requirements state the mobile must support ASCT. That doesn’t show in any of the hardware lists you posted. When I search the internet for my phone and ASCT, there is NOTHING. What is ASCT? Why doesn’t Blizzard just make the game tell me what is “missing” or not supported on my phone when trying to play it?? All this guesswork is really turning me off. All I want is for my decks to be synced and I can’t even verify the info that has been given out by a blue post!