Adventures are too short, they don't explain the story

Jaina’s adventure was 8 bosses. But for story perspective, that’s actually not enough.

The Archimonde combat felt super rushed, but I guess you guys know that.

In the video Blizzard told us that we would learn how Jaina got white hair, that’s not true, we don’t learn how Jaina got white hair in her adventure, it just happens.

If voice lines are too expensive to tell a story, you might as well add somehow supportive text to explain the lore more. Like a WoW quest… or maybe add visual art?

Story telling HS is good idea, obviously (that’s what you do in a Tavern), but it’s not done well with Jaina’s story.

there are plenty of resources if you want to know the full story, but to summarize it there is enough lore to make a 10 episode tv-series for each hero

1 Like

Albeit, ignorant of much of World of Warcraft lore, I absolutely love much of it. However, in this case, I just don’t think there’s really enough room to explain all of it, in this case Jaina. But, I’m definitely all for longer and more in depth singleplayer content.

All the new single player content will be on-rails with no player choice anyways and as you saw, they are all gonna be short. Granted they are all free (although knowing Blizz I could be wrong) but I would sacrifice them ALL for new dungeon run content instead. Sadly I think HS is going the direction D3 did and Blizz has just given up on making original content for it anymore.

I know that if you want more detail on the Archimonde battle, you could play Warcraft 3 or watch a Youtube video of someone doing the mission where you stall Archimonde. It’s the last mission of the Reign of Chaos campaign with a decent cinematic at the end. Some of the other missions are also retelling Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft events.

if you have played wc3 and wow you already knew jainas story, its not like hs creates a new story for the character just for the single player. stories in hs are more like the character sitting by the hearth with a drink and telling his/her story for those who wants to listen.

Sitting by the hearth with a drink gives me an idea. What if one or more of the heroes is drunk while telling the story?