Add Auto-Squelch or Remove the "Thank You" Emote

Ok, I am telling you now to stop it. You are twisting my words far more than I am yours. So, kindly stop it!

If you don’t want me twisting your words, stop twisting mine. Regardless, stop with the above comments or be reported for harassment. That’s not negotiable!

Gwyn is trying to save you going down a road neither of us wants to go, maybe listen to her!

1 Like

You can be also reported for threatening you know, you open a debate, i answered it, i can’t posibly see how this can be harassment if i didn’t follow you to any other thread, or either search personal stuff of yours, further more, im in this thread before you ever appeared so, stop it right here, don’t talk to me and we will be fine

1 Like

Then report me. I have spoken my opinion on the topic, only to have you make it personal NUMEROUS times. Me telling you to stop that action is not a threat, it’s a warning as to what will happen if you don’t stop it.

1 Like

i already stopped that action, hope you do the same with my words

Oh boy…I’m the voice of reason?! Next thing you know, I’ll be handing out snickers…

1 Like

Only took three or four requests, but TY.

And this, ladies and gents, is why you cannot assume the intent behind emotes, like many do. Even with hundreds of characters at our disposal, misinterpretations of intent happen.

E: obviously you want the last word, so have it.

1 Like

You are welcome :slight_smile:

And this, ladies and gents, is why you cannot go there and say anything to anyone you don’t know, because missinterpretations of intent happen and it could make people fight!

E: Don’t worry, i will leave it to you.

1 Like

But you are missing the core basis for the request for autosquelch, which is a QoL improvement for those of us who are already squelching every match. You seem to be stuck on not understanding the reasons for squelching every match. Try to put that aside for a moment. Given that we are squelching every match anyway, why not simplify that action. You seem to be suggesting that there’s value to placing an additional burden on those who choose to opt out of the emotes. That we should be forced to make some small, but tedious, extra effort every single match to opt out. Why add that penalty to those choosing to opt out?

And you know what’s great about the ignore feature on the forums? Once you place someone on ignore, they stay on ignore. You ignore them in every thread they post in. They stay on ignore even when you log out. Or when visiting the forum again the next day. How annoying would it be if you have to ignore those people again everytime you visited the forums?

1 Like

We don’t want to stifle productive conversation; this thread is exactly the opposite of that.

You got your answer, the devs aren’t implementing it. We are sick of you not accepting that they have given their answer whether you like it or not.

You keep trying to justify why you aren’t satisfied by saying things like they haven’t given fair consideration (which is a judgement you are argue from final consequence, therefore fallacious) and other excuses.

And they don’t want that, and it’s neither an outlandish nor unique policy that they have taken on opting out.

But most importantly, you have their answer to your request which is no.

1 Like

So leave the thread and you won’t be making yourself sick over it. You’re choosing to enter the thread.

Incorrect. It’s a judgement based on the lack of a thorough understanding of the issue as evidenced by Breeden’s response and lack of awareness of the problem with mobile devices.

Actually, it’s “not at this time”. And I am trying to persuade them to change their minds. And I will continue to do so until either 1- they implement a satisfactory change, 2- they convince me that autosquelch would not be a good improvement, or 3- they say the topic is no longer permissible for discussion (and Blizz has specifically told me personally that we remain free to continue these discussions).

The forum allows us to type anything we like: emotes are prerecorded voice lines. Since they fixed it on mobile, I’m happy with the current squelch system.

Crazy stuff happens all the time. I use wow to recognize it.

I think they should add Congrats as well as Sorry

Last week I chatted with Blizzard on this issue, and they confirmed that it had not yet been fixed. Where did you see that the issue was resolved? I’ll obviously be testing it myself, but if there was some official announcement of the bug fix that you could refer me to, that’d be great.

I actually support the addition of more emotes. I recognize that many players love them. I, and many others, don’t like them and just want a more convenient way to opt out of them.

So even though I wouldn’t make use of them, I can support your request for more emotes. Why can’t you support my request for a convenience to squelching?

1 Like

Oh I don’t care if they add AS, I think that’s where a lot of people misunderstand the “anti-AS” people.

I just don’t always agree with the reasons nor do I think it’s required to play the game, as squelch is already in the game.

I dont think name calling @ Blizzard, or crying, or exaggerating, or kicking or screaming or crying is any kind of way to get ANYTHING in life.

The best (I think, maybe) statement is…

It would be a nice QOL improvement. Period.

We don’t need all the horror stories and doom and gloom scenarios… “I just wanna play the game and someone said well played and I climbed to the top of the empire state building and swatted at planes!!! Why does Blizzard HATE US!!!”

It’s just ridiculous sometimes.

Edit: If they added it I would be happy for people who want it. I would NOT come here and say “You HAVE to be kidding me Blizzard! You caved to these BABIES!!” I would not do that because I wouldn’t feel that way.

I used it several times in the past couple days and it never fell off for me. I’m on Android.

Yes. Yes it would. So you are saying you support our request for this enhancement of the squelch feature (just as I support your request for an enhancement to the emote options)? Because that’s wonderful to hear. I hope to get Blizzard to agree with us on this someday soon.

Remember, you are going out of your way to read all those posts. It’s not like you are forced to read every single post in order to get the the ones you like.

You mean after getting a brief disconnect or a phone call? How do you know it stayed on? Were you testing it and having a friend emote you after you squelched them? Obviously, it’s anecdotal evidence, but any positive sign is encouraging.

I plan to test it like this:
1- start a match against a friend;
2- squelch him;
3- have him emote so I can confirm the emote is blocked;
4- have him call me;
5- have him attempt another emote

I also want to do the same test, but with a disconnect. That’s a little more tricky, i.e. forcing a disconnect. I guess I could try turning off the cellular data, then turn it back on.

I get disconnects all the time (especially at work) but I keep my mobile data on?

Phone calls, I don’t know. I don’t…usually get those…

1 Like