Add Auto-Squelch or Remove the "Thank You" Emote

If you truly felt empathy, you and your ilk would not be comparing your petty and unconventional desire for an auto-squelch feature to such momentous phenomena of rectitude as the Women Suffrage and Civil Rights Movements.

3 Likes

and who did that? can you tag where someone did that? You are the only one doing it, if you believe that, then how about you compare your own comentary as the ones that oppressed said movements? you are no better than them, see how easy is to twist things? Now you are an opressor of a lesser and not so important movement as the one you said, but an opressor, welcome to twisting a “moralist wannabe” in his own game

no one wants you here, thats what you dont get, here we are talking about AS, you came here because you don’t like to see this post in the forums, and then complain when people discuss you in a forum of discussions :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The point has been made by multiple proponents of auto-squelch, multiple times, and in multiple threads, both on the old forums and these new ones. I have no desire to seek out such objectionable posts. Everyone who has followed this conversation even a little is well aware that they exist, and I am not one who would ever make light of such topics.

In any case, you are simply going too far by comparing me to the oppressors in these situations due to my stance. It is unbelievably offensive to the people who had experienced such discrimination, dismissive of the countless individuals and communities who sought to right those wrongs, and a morally reprehensible thing to say even if in jest, to say the least.

1 Like

Its an OPEN forum for discussion. You not wanting me here is 100% irrelevant as I am entitled to give my opinion on ANY topic in said OPEN FORUM. I dont care if you like my stance on the topic, I am still allowed to express it. So dont go there.

I want the pro-AS camp to accept the fact that their request has been denied, simple as that. If it wasnt for the same people CONTINUOUSLY spamming their agenda it would be a different story, but thats not the case.

So, yes, I will continue to express my views on the topic for as long as you and your kin keep expressing yours!

“No one want you here” only further provs my claim that you want an ECHO CHAMBER!

1 Like

you said “ME” me and the others, so, next time, write it well, because i never said something like that, and next time you do something as you did, think about it, because you are using the Women Suffrage and Civil rights movements as an excuse to fit your agenda in a forum discussion and that is a low hit, and if it is an exageration to compare you to the oppressors, don’t you thing its the same you did to me? or are you an hypocrite? don’t play the morally good card because it can hit you in the face

i never told you to not post :man_facepalming:, i just said that no one wants you here, i never said leave, you are forbidden here, because you are complaining about our postures because we keep posting in this thread that aparently you dont like, if you want, keep posting, you dont wanting this post is also 100% irrelevant, but im glad you understand that this is an open forum, we are making a progress there.

If you want to stay here or not, thats your decission, just as the rest of us can keep talking about this ^^

1 Like

Maybe if you jump on his head three times, he’ll go away.

I want you here, Bowser! <3

1 Like

Lol, that would be cool to see (?m but i don’t want him to leave or kick him out, i don’t really care what he does actually :stuck_out_tongue:

But which little bowser?

Hes clearly not refined enough for bowser jr. Hes more like a…Larry.

“you’re not wanted here” Thats the same thing! You dont WANT me to post because my opinion on the topic does not reflect that of yours.

So who can post here? Only those whom share your PoV??? That sounds like a very biased discussion. OFC if you only hear the opinions you WANT to hear, you will only get the responses you like.

Yes, so stop trying to make this thread an echo chamber. Accept the fact that not everyone agrees with your stance, for whatever reason and, most importantly, stop making it personal! Thats never gonna end well, especially not when talking to me!

i think you had several troubles of reading comprehension, lets try again little bowser…

You said this, like if the people here where looking only for your empathy, like if this whole thread is called “BOWSER WE WANT AS, CAN WE?” do you get it till there? Great!

i answer you and you just said something that has nothing to do with the topic

Then i told you the part you dont seem to understand, im sorry if it wasnt clear, i will keep repeating it

This was equal to a “there is no need for you to be here if this subject is so anoying to you” there, do you understand now? or you want to keep the significance of what i said so you have a point in your agenda? i dont care if you are here or not, if you want to complain about people speaking here, great, but don’t expect that we stop talking just because you don’t like it, its a public forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Again making it personal. Lets stick to the discussion, buddy.

I never said anything even remotely along those lines, its you that needs to work on their reading comprehension.

Ahhh, so just like emotes then?!?

If MY interpretation of your text is wrong, then getting back on topic, the argument for YOUR (collective) interpretation of how emotes are used also cant be guaranteed

“There is no need” for AS because the manual option is available when you misinterpret your opponents intentions.

And thats 100% fine, just dont make it personal as you have towards me (or others with a differing opinion.) I will still participate due to it being an open forum, but if/when you make it personal I will bite.

i was expecting you to bite that bone mate, now let me enlight you how this works.

In this matter, we are talking about a lot of people talking between them and you don’t wanting them to do it, nothing is destined specially to you and if you want to shut down the thread and all posts that are related to it, it will affect other persons.

Now with squelch, its something that it is already implemented, AND EMOTES ARE ONLY A 1V1 THING THAT CAN’T BE AVOIDED IF THE PEOPLE AFFECTED BY THIS WANTS TO PLAY. get the difference now?

The forum part, is about you not standing to see a particular topic that is not necesarely involving you, emotes are always with 1 sender and 1 receiver, and the receiver is not forced to respond you, being squelched or not, so back to the beginning, why does it matter if it is implemented if you can already be ignored or squelched, understand now?

is this a joke?

You talking about my intentions that has nothing to do with my arguments even if im or not AS is not making it personal? :expressionless:

1 Like

We are talking about a handful of people. The old thread shows it, this new one shows it. Yes these threads should be shut down due to the simple fact an answer from the devs was provided recently.

Or, if you want to go the other way, Considering how its just a few people actively complaining about it, and we have to assume the community at large is equally represented by those who post here, then again its a very small portion of the player base who actually wants AS to be implemented.

Yes. But opting OUT of communication SHOULD take priority over opting in to conversation in a multiplayer game. Thats why the current squelch feature works so well. If you’re opponent is overly “chatty” you opt out by squelching. If they are just doing their thing (which most do) then you have no need to opt out.

Yeah, it would be so cool to see that, right? How am I not meant to take that personally given the heated nature of the debate we are in?!?

Maybe choose your words better, 'cos in the context of our discussion that, along with telling me “youre not wanted here” are very much making it personal!

handful or not, if you have A B C D and E and A,B, C and D are talking in another room and E comes and says “shut up, i don’t like of what you are talking about” and then leaves, don’t you see that a little twisted to compare with only A is talking and B doesnt want to with no one else there and B choose to ignore? one affects a lot of persons for one person that wasnt attached to it in the beggining.

And it works for you and me, but for the other people? it doesnt do any harm to the rest to have it

i putted the “(?” to make emphasis that it was a joke based on obviously by the nature of the comment in how mario beat bowser, not on you.

I explained this several times, but you keep choosing to play the offended card to keep waving your flag, i don’t believe you are blind to not see how i explained it several times, do you? even you yourself quoted the comment where i explain that i dont want you to leave or kick you because of me, just that you are not suposed to feel attached here if you hate this so much

1 Like

Did I say that? No! I simply said your question/request has been answered. If anything YOU told ME to “shut up” when I came into the room and disagreed with your conversation.

And they already have the option to stick their fingers in their ears, they just arent provided with earmuffs because the volume isnt that loud that theyre required.

Sorry, the way its written it is very much 2 different statements:

1. I would love to see that
  2. But i dont want him to leave etc

The first is independent to the second, and a simple emoticon dosnt change what was said. So, you’re saying I misinterpreted your intent and your emote was supposed to show it???

Same goes the other way! Intent cant be assumed through text. not here, not in game. So stop assuming intent! Very few emotes are intended as BM, yet so many claim that all emotes are BM by default.

False, thanks for proving that for us!

Am I playing the offended card, or am I proving a very relevant point to the discussion?!?

Thanks for helping me prove how one of the BIGGEST supporting arguments for auto squelch is not even remotely an issue. Intention cannot be determined by the receiver, only the SENDER knows the intent. That is true both here on the forums, and in game using emotes. You DONT know the intent, so stop using it as an argument to get the feature implemented!

did i?

yeah, i can see how i entered to shut you down, i only said it once, and i already explained how it was ment to be, but well, i guess when you can’t do a decent argument about the topic, you are going to derailed it to “YOU TOLD ME TO SHUT UP, YOU TOLD ME TO, WHY? YOU ARE SO MEAN” when it wasnt even my intention and i already stated up about it, but well, if that makes you happy, keep waving that flag

i need to repeat you again the point about emotes and forums? you are choosing to talk here, people in game are choosing not to talk to the other, how is that affecting you? here we are not debating if BM is a thing of all the time or not, we are debating that it exists (ocassionally or not) and that implementing something like this will not affect you, get it? or you want to derail the conversation again so you have a point? im waiting for it. If AS had an aspect that affects you, you would be absolutely right, but right now, its just you messing with other people preferences

Again false little Bowser, you are trying to hard, but let me enlight you.
We are debating about if AS is implemented, not squelch, get it? it is not up to debate the meaning of the emotes to this point, the people that wants this already stated the reasons, but what i am debating is WHY DO YOU OPPOSE MATE? how this affects you? that is what really is ringing my head, why is it so hard to you that other people gets what it wants when it has nothing to do with you, you can already be squelched, squelchers are according to you a minority, so, whats the problem with a hyper minority of 5 people like you say get something that doesn’t affect you? we are waiting little bowser, do your best!

1 Like

Was it in the Q and A? I just searched the forum and the response was, “Emotes are the least toxic.”

I also noticed, while playing earlier, it is working much better.

Given that the mobile version is actually working, and that the devs do not see it as a problem, there isn’t anything anyone can do - I think that when Q/A comes around again, it is completely fair to keep bringing it up…but it isn’t worth thousands of posts.

I’m not opposed to it but considering they fixed the bug and they responded to the question, its been very clear that folks have been heard. Sometimes the answer is no and that is that.

It was amusing the first time but this needs to stop. Bowser has made it blatantly clear he doesn’t like to be called that. If you want to keep this discussion going, more power to you. But let’s not resort to name calling.

1 Like

if he doesn’t like it, then he better stop twisting my words, because is obvious that i said that because of mario’s bowser, but he choosed to using it to prove a point, i know he doesn’t really believe that i would like to jump over his head 3 times, because that would be ridiculous for only a forum discussion between 2 strangers, but if he keeps playing that card he has to deal with it

1 Like

He doesn’t twist words. He provided quotes as well as a response. And I was the one that made the Mario/Bowser reference.

Maybe if you stopped calling him condescending names, he might be nicer to you.

For the record, he was sharing his interpretation of your words. If you don’t like his interpretation, then you can ignore him. Kind of like squelch but on the forum.

i understand, but the interpretation ends when the other people explains you what he/she really meanted to say, which i already did several times since the “shut up” and the “jump” part and he insist

1 Like