About that new C'thun

I can say that priest vs. priest may be the easiest way to get the achievement, but getting full C’thun out is not typical.

Does Rogue have the best tools in Standard to get C’thun together again or is he better in another class? I figure Stowaways, Swindles, and maybe a Lorekeeper Polkelt are about as good as it gets, in theory.

Maybe that discover a card to draw new legendary ?

I got it my first game playing as Warlock with the quest.

the first deck i wanna try to build once i play the game is cthun mage. I wanna try to make it like old school freeze mage with a lot of cycling and burn and use cthun as a finisher.

The rogue deck is hot trash because of the aggro meta. Honestly its sad but c’thun is a garbage card in the current meta. It needs buffs to even be useable. The spells cost way to much add more cards to your deck making it harder to get other cards that you need.

1 Like

I sometimes lose to C’Thun decks in spite of the C’Thun cards.

But I only lost to C’Thun himself in Duels and never in constructed.

Warlock and warrior are probably your best bait Imo. I think rogue don’t have the means to defends themselves early.

I have a Galakrond togwaggle deck that can do it fairly consistently on curve, but the main problem I have is too many cards in hand to fully utilize the draw without burning cards, so working on that.
Rogue benefits the most from the spells, imho. The deal three damage is clutch in many matches.

But no, the cthun isn’t great. Too slow for the meta.

Imho, they should have made it

1. add to hand instead of shuffle into deck when complete.
  2. made it 4 pieces, not 5.
  3. given it a bigger body with taunt.

Did that with druid - 27 spells + 2 auctioneers + C’thun, loads of healing obv, ward as some added defense, and voila 30 from 30, all the rest was trading.
End sequence vs rogue C’thun - auctioneers e.g. turn 8 draws almost all deck, trade them obv, turn 9 last 2 cthun spells, 1 card now in library for turn 10 and…c’thun, C’Thun, C’THUN!

lorekeeper into skull of guldan is super ez in DH it just sucks that demon hunter doesn’t really need or want to run cthun.

I run it as a slow but sure finisher in control decks, specially in wild, where there are enough tools to pose a decent resistance.

I also run it in tempo secret mage, as a plan B in case the game goes on for too long and i run out of fuel.

C’Thun certainly doesn’t shine in the current environment, but i think not every single card is supposed to be an auto-win to be good. It only needs to work.
And C’Thun just…works. It does what it needs to do, no more, no less.

1 Like

it should refresh our mana crystals too

I may try that idea with Auctioneer, and maybe the Rogue idea I had. I do not recommend the priest deck I built. Cleric of Scales can eventually draw out C’thun pieces, but I can’t think of a good way to draw out the big boy.

I did learn a couple of things with that deck. Priest can beat Hunter, although the Hunter did seem to have a bad opening hand. Also, suicide by Murozond is an actual thing. I got the opposing priest down to 5 health with the help of the spell that does 5 damage to anything not Ysera. Then the opponent played Murozond.

I found that it worked well in control warrior

Demon lock works for me. Literally all minions are demons (minus cthun) then card draw in form of the new 3 mana draw 2 minions, mortal coil and nightshade matron + hand of guldan. Throw the quest into the mix, keep one cthun piece when your deck is about to run out of cards then draw a 0 mana cthun with the button and win the game… If you havent beaten up your opponent with demons yet.

It’ s actually a good card in reno warlock. You probably won’t hit c’thun unless it’s control vs control, but in that scenario warlocks usually tap into fatigue before the opponent; c’thun staces that way, and all the cards are useful besides. Not AMAZING, but thst destroy a minion or 3damage aoe can keep you in the game. I certainly don’t have any regrets keeping him in my list, and i’ve gotten full c’thun out several times

I’ve been using a Highlander Rogue with C’thun in Standard, and ground up to the Diamond 10 floor. With my experience, I’d say C’thun is a good card and a great secondary win condition, but the deck is very vulnerable to aggro, particularly demon hunter. That’s not really the fault of C’thun though; C’thun actually helps the deck a bit against aggro since it provides neutral board wipes and taunts. The problem is the utter lack of healing and board wipes for Rogue, along with the outrageous damage output and sustainability that aggro has at the moment.

Glakrond rogue with C’Thun, stowaways, and Polkelt get C’Thun off about every other game. Its not a great deck, especially since it really struggles to finish games without C’Thun but it is fun.