A lot of lagging of battlegrounds mobile

2 iPad with one with the last IOS 13 et the other with Beta IOS 13 : Same lag problem, impossible to not loose one turn because of very slow animations and sometimes, HS crashes during this phase.

iPad Air 2
iOS 13. 2
Slowing down to crash.

Unplayable on Asus zenphone 4. Lagging to hard to play minions.

Same here. Android on Huawei 7.

Sometimes you have to tap away from your own hand (to send it to the bottom of the screen) to draw cards to yourself. You can pick them up but not purchase them.

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S9+
Android 9

All Actions lag, especially triples, if i get a triple I cant play more than 2 cards that turn. Battle cry and poisonous also take forever to animate, and the counter doesn’t stop ticking down even though I can do nothing (playing cards, changing my order or purchasing/selling units)

Razer Phone 2
Android 9.0

iPad Pro 9.7

Unplayable lag and often miss over half my turn.

@blizzard do you guys not have phones? :wink:

2 Likes

Hello. I think it is not a bug. Simply when i am around level 5-6 where battles take longer it seems to take away time from my buy round. So basically when I am at round 1-10 where battles take seconds to finish i have ample time to finish my buy round. However when am in the late game where battles takes a lot of time when it is time for the buy round i only have around 20ish seconds to make my buy round and + that am on a mobile i barely can buy 2-3 mobs and play them and instead of rerolling am forced to buy useless mobs so i dont lose value. But i still get to lose most of the times since i cant upgrade my units especially if i 2-star a unit and have to play a a discover card as well.

I’m not a programmer but I think there might be a memory leak. The app gets more laggy the longer it remains open after playing battlegrounds. If I open the app and play all other modes I get no lag. If I play a game of battlegrounds, my first game is fairly lag free until I get to the later rounds. Once that battlegrounds game ends, if I play battlegrounds again or any other mode the lag brings the app to an absolute crawl.

2 Likes

I am using an iPhone 7 os 13.1.3with the latest updates. My phone starts to get really hot and laggy after a couple of games. I have no problem playing the other game modes. Like other people have said, once a few rounds go by it starts to hit a performance bump. It’s very noticeable when I chain play battlegrounds. Accidentally sold a suped up amalgam vying for first place due to the performance issue. It is very frustrating.

1 Like

Ipad Pro OS 13.1.3

Lag is so bad that I can’t play… the first game upon starting up is OK but I can see the fps gradually slowing down and by the second game I can’t click on anything due to the choppiness and I AFK from then on.

I have the same issue on my ipad pro. The first game only lags near the end of the game and every subsequent game is unplayable. I have found that force closing the HS app before starting a new game is good workaround for now until they fix it.

1st gen ipad pro, IOS 13.1
Slow animation, Slow response, Slow minion placement. activating triple spent 1/3 of final timer count down.
The overall animation on everything on mobile must be reduced, Nobody cares how fancy tripling looks, no body cares how much sparks are there. Just need to make animation quick and snappy.
Until then the ipad pro version is unplayable.

1 Like

Animations last forever on Huawei as well.

It is impossible to play, and even playing a minion is hard because they get stuck on lower right and I have to push on tehir zone to zoom in, but doens’t work if I quick tap, must push on the zone, making me lose more time.

Samsung s7 edge
Runs out of time in later stages before loading is even complete. Just give an option to remove animations imo.

Asus ZenFone 3. Literally unplayable. Often have 12-13 second turns, and single actions take 5-8 seconds to queue up. Can’t do anything after the midgame so you better hope you roll well.

Samsung Note 9
Xiaomi Note 8 pro
Both on Android 9. Animations take forever to finish, dragging cards is very laggy. I often have 30sec turn in later part of the game.
When you say “don’t you guys have phone?” you can’t seriously mean it must be a $800+ phone.

This is unacceptable. Just give us option to skip animation.

I get some lagging on my Moto x4; the game is mostly playable, though it is sometimes difficult to interact when the lag effects dragging, making it hard to purchase or sell cards. On the other hand, on my 6th Generation iPad running iPadOS 13.1.3 the game is unplayable. Lagging frequently prevents me from playing a purchased card, and sometimes combat begins before the tavern has fully loaded for recruitment.

Not just BG but all modes. Motorola Droid Turbo and Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2017 with S Pen version). Framerate decreases throughout a match until it is unplayable and I begin missing turns in BG completely.

Refreshing the game or restarting the device removes a significant amount of frame lag but it seems to me that after doing so, the lag comes back much faster until its really less than 4 frames a second.

One plus 6. Bg lags on later levels a lot, usualy got 15seconds to make my turns. After phone restart i can play once but the second run is lagy again.