A lot of lagging of battlegrounds mobile

IPad mini 4 running ipad os 13.2.2

The early game is fine, but once the board starts filling up, it turns into a slide show.

Pixel 2 XL Android 9 - unplayable at t6-8. Cannot finish tavern turns.

Combat animations chunky/slow. Purchasing slow animations. Trying to magnetize sometimes fails (shows animation and card on left yellow) just drops minion on the left of the original mech on board.

Unplayable on mobile in current state.

I have an iPhone SE with every update (I know, old phone but it still works, dang it!).

Beyond the problems mostly outlined already is that the hand “bloat” forces me to constantly click out of it to minimize the hand before I’m allowed to buy units and some actions (feels inconsistent, unsure though) bloat the hand again for me to minimize it again further. This eats precious seconds and I will more often than not be unable to spend 5 or so gold before the timer runs out.

Im using Samsung Galaxy J6 (3 GB of ram), and yeah I have almost the same problems, Usually I have like ~40 sec to buy stuff at best later in game, either double the timer for mobile users or fix this lag fieasta please. You have no excuses.

1 Like

I’d just like to add something I’ve noticed. After the game gets exceptionally laggy, if I exit the game and restart, the game works very well for about 5 more turns before it gets unstable again.

I’m no programmer, but this does have similar signs of a memory leak from other games I’ve played in the past.

Hi,
In normal Hearthstone my mobile phone is lagging at all but if I’m playing Battlegrounds after about 6 to 10 rounds the animations arent smooth anymore. Due to that I cant spend my gold in the shop and lose mormally won games. Once my friend spectate me and he was in the tavern before I was.

Im playing on Honor 8 pro with Android 9

The first few rounds are fine, but once it starts to hit round 7 or 8, and the battle animations take longer and there are more interactions, the game almost freezes to a halt. I missed two turns in a row last night due to battle animations taking so long with divine shield being activated, deathrattles going off, cleave animations, etc.

I am playing on an iPad Air 2 iOS 12

Wiko view 2 plus - Android 8.1.0
Same issue here. In middle game is impossible purchase/Exchange/do something… I noticed that more longer Is the battle, less time remain to interact with the innkeeper (to do something). Imho there Is too much animation for a mobile game, maybe i Need a Major graphic processor , but the phone isn t obsolete. On iPhone 6 everything Is unplayable…

iPad Air 3rd gen
Ios v. 12.4.1

in one out of four games Battleground animations start lagging. Gets worse for every round. No time to build the army in the tavern. Lost many games because of this. Very frustrating.

1 Like

Oneplus 5 running Android version 9

I have the same problems stated before on this thread.

Same problem, feels like playing powerpoint presentation…
IPad 5th generation A1822 (MP2F2RK/A)
IPadOS 13.2.2.

With full board of minions the game is unpplayable…

Samsung Galaxy S5
OS 6.0.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

In regular games it is noticeable that sometimes my turns are cut short before the fuse runs out, and it takes longer to play minions and animations. For example, I cannot play the warlock Sn1p-Sn4p deck because I simply do not have time to play the minion 15 times in a turn and watch it’s echo respawn in my hand.

In battlegrounds, I find that I have about 6 seconds to buy minions, and if switch them out the animation of new minions coming in takes too long, and I can barely freeze them in time to buy them next turn. In later rounds my team becomes basically unmodifiable and I have tons of unspent gold.

I also can play on my 9 year old laptop, and noticed that there were no problems there, I played and promptly got first place.

Oppo Reno Z
ColorOS 6

Super laggy especially a couple of hours ago where the game was unplayable as it took forever to buy and play minions with the timer running out even in the early turns of the game. I’ll be waiting for these bugs to be fixed before I play it on mobile again. :frowning:

Unplayable on mobile. I have maybe 30-20 (sometimes 10) sec on most of my mid/late game turns. Barley enough time to do anything with laggy animations and I always have unspent gold.
I always see other people upgrading their taverns while I’m still in the attack phase.

LG Q7+
Android 9

I’m having similar issues on a pixel 3 running Android 10. Battlegrounds is not playable. Constant stutter past the 3rd round. Occasional lag during standard games as well.

• Xiaomi Mi Play
  • 8.1.0 O11019

Besides the lag, another issue I wouldn’t mind seeing addressed, is the connectivity. If we move away from Hearthstone for a split second, it doesn’t reconnect to the game.
e.g. getting a call, message, or the display simply timing out.
Would be nice if the game could run for a short time in the background until we return to it.

I want to elaborate that my lag isn’t as bad as for the others that I’m reading here.
It’s more that the animations are so excessive, that you simply run out of time waiting for them to complete.

A classic example would be:

• buying a minion
  • selling a minion to make space
  • upgrading the tavern and refreshing it
  • buying a triple that just appeared with the refresh
  • waiting for it to evolve
  • placing it and waiting for the free upgrade card
  • playing the free upgrade card
  • selling another minion to make space again
  • playing the new card
  • rearranging the order of the minions

All of that that I described there could easily be done in one turn on the PC with time to spare to refresh the tavern again, freeze the tavern, play your hero power, mouseover the enemies, etc.

On mobile, between all of that that I described, you have to press the hand to pop it up, close the hand to deal with the board, press the hand again, close the hand again (you see where I’m going ).

I personnaly have an iPad Pro 10.5 with iPadOS 13.1.1, and lags are going worse as the application runs. The first few minutes, no annoying lag. But then, it becomes almost unplayable, not even the time to use all golds in a turn if you have an upgraded minion for example. In comparison to this, I also have an iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 13.2.2, and I never have any lags, even during long sessions.

Device. Vivo v3
Os _Android 5.1

Apple iPad Pro 12.9 2nd Generation

Most of the lag happened when I play a few cards quickly while the burning rope burned around halfway. The lag will cause some of the cards not being played. This doesn’t happen on PC.