A lot of lagging of battlegrounds mobile

I got early access to battlegrounds from a twitch drop, but playing battlegrounds on my phone is really hard all the actions I do take a long time to register and sometimes I just don’t have enough time to spend all my gold. Another issue I found is that after you buy a minion the reroll button may not work until you press on a blank space. My suggestion to make battlegrounds on mobile faster is to make buying a minion a tap rather than dragging it to your hero.
Edit: I have Huawei Y7 2019 with Android 8.1

18 Likes

Agreed. The optimization needs a lot of work on mobile. I’m using an ipad pro 9.7” 1st gen running latest ipados and I’m experiencing the same issues. Very laggy. The motion of dragging minions is not smooth but jagged and slow. It seems like the turn timer is too short but I’m not sure if the cause is begin/end turn lag or slow dragging just eating up my time.

7 Likes

I got the same problem here, I feel like the animations for the battle phase are also slower than on computers. It’s taking time off our next preparation phase (I see a lot of players upgrading their taverns as I’m still fighting my last oponent). A lot of times i wasn’t able to pop open a card that I get from combining 3 minions or play a minion that I bought… and i feel like it’s making me lose games.

Please blizzard, help mobile gamers

5 Likes

Thanks for the report everyone, we are investigating into this.
For anyone encountering this issue, we could use your help narrowing down the affected mobile devices. Could you provide us with the following?

• Device model (Example: Samsung Galaxy S8, iPhone 6s, etc)
  • OS Version

Could u answer to us IOS players about chat problem please?

Hi,

I have a Lifetab P970 and Android 6.0.1.

It’s impossible to play for me, from T4 my timer is at 15s at the begin of my taverner meeting and after the animation of minions arriving it’s already the end of my turn.

Thqank you !

2 Likes

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 / Android 9 Pie

The issues with lagging I seem to be having the most are:

1. I tap on a minion to get ready to buy it and change my mind but it still thinks I’m holding onto it when I’m not touching the screen
  2. I take my finger off the screen to sell a minion, then quickly go to buy the next minion and it still thinks I’m holding the first minion that I was trying to sell

Overall, it’s not too bad for me other than it makes Dancin’ Daryl really hard to play on mobile

1 Like

Yeah. The later rounds are unplayable for me. The battle phase is super laggy as well and when my turn starts I usually have 30-32 seconds on the timer. That is not enough time to pick up laggy minions, sell laggy minions, decide about using your hero power or leveling up, looking and playing laggy triples, and rearranging your laggy minions.

Using and iPad pro 9.7” 1st gen (model MLMV2LL/A) running ipados 13.2.2.

4 Likes

Just conceded a game i could have easily won thanks to the game SKIPPING my entire turn 3x in a row. The game lags out so hard that by the time all the attacks finish and the final damage animation plays the “in game clock” has skipped my entire turn. No way in hell is that playable.

For record i have a galaxy s8 phone. All the latest updates and my phone is kept clean and defragged for playing games.

1 Like

iPad Pro 9.7inch model MLMN2LL/A
Edit: OS 13.2.2 (also lagged on the previous version of iOS)

Games are basically unplayable, as I get about 20 seconds of lag after every interaction, and the game disconnects then reconnects about every 5 minutes. Occasionally, this disconnect just crashes the game.

1 Like

I’m facing the same issue, the battleground mode is so laggy with all the animations, I can’t even buy new minions or upgrade them, I’m using Samsung Galaxy A70 with Android 9 OS

Having the same issues. Performance in battlegrounds is so bad (stuttering, lagging etc.). Other gamemodes run fine.

Tablet: Huawei Mediapad M5 Lite
Android: 9.0

1 Like

Iphone 7 plus. Unacceptable.
It just sold your minions when you try to click reroll. Not dragging any minion. The animation lag is horrible. Straight up destroy my games. Selling golden foe reaper and such.

I’m having similar issues on a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 8.0.0. Due to lag I rarely have enough time to spend all my gold in upgrade phases and sometimes I skip a whole turn. It seems to get worse the longer I’m in a game. Other game modes are not laggy for me.

By the way, having the same issues on an ipad air 2.

iOS: 13.2.2

I have an iPad Air 2 on OS 13.1.3.
The game starts fine (lag free), but slowly gets worse to the point where my last game i got to top 2 and it was lagging so much that it wasn’t responding to any input. The timer for drafting was only 7 seconds so obviously very delayed.

Same problem: lag and stuttering.
I’ve noticed it gets worse as you keep playing or multitask. Whenever I restart the app performance gets back to normal. I guess it’s a memory issue or something.
I have the same problem on my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 7 Plus, latest iOS

I have a RCA Viking Pro tablet running Android 6.0

Hearthstone itself doesn’t run great and will constantly lag and crash with a lot of animations on screen. Battlegrounds is 10 times worse because the battle animations take so long to play out for me that before they’re even done, I can see my opponents upgrading in the shop while I’m still “battling” them… Jump to when I can actually access the bartender, and the timer is usually already burning down for me… Drives me nuts and it gets worse later in the game when there’s so much happening during the battle phase…

I really wish there was a graphics option or a way to toggle animations for Hearthstone in general…

Edit: Just had a game where my timer was counting down, fuse pops up, and almost immediately went from a near full fuse (15 seconds at least) to 0 instantly…

Same problem here, i feel not such a much off a difference between my ipad mini 2 from 2013 (1gb ram, a7 cpu) and my huawei p smart from end 2017 (3gb ram and HiSilicon Kirin 659 cpu). My huawei smartphone is a little better while its has over the 2gb of recommended ram and has a much newer/(better on paper) cpu: dual-core 1.4 (ipad) vs octa-core 2.4 (huawei). Still unplayable because of the respons time and laggy animations so the timer runs.

Tablet Huawei mediapad t3 10.
Android 7.0

Animations in battle and tavern are too slow, every Bob’s turn is between 20 and 40 sec

1 Like