A Chinese player's thought, just sharing thoughts not arguing

But it’s not about equal rights. If it was equal rights, they’d stay with China so they have equal rights as the Chinese. They want autonomy. Yes, yes, their equal rights aren’t the same as ours, but guess what, it’s a different country, and if you read the OP, a different culture.

Also, if you want to know how things escalate for regions wanting autonomy, read up on Basque, Northern Ireland and Palestina. We sure had some fun in the eighties.

But back on topic, a contest should remain neutral, and that means not giving a platform for politics.

So a Chinese player who speaks English could come on this site and openly praise the Hong Kong protests? The Chinese government would be fine with that if they found out? There would be no repercussions?

I was expecting a rational Chinese player til I saw this word. I am very disappointed.

The PRC always said the Hong Kong issue is about "National dignity ", " separatist movement ", “cultural differences”. I am really tired with these BS terms.Many of Chinese people are so easily triggered by those terms. It is really overly sensitive. As a result, The warm txts sucker, $lizaard became overly sensitive too.

People of Hong Kong just protesting for a overdue promise made by the Chinese government in the Sino-British Joint Declaration. (universal suffrage FYI). It is nothing about separatist movement.

I saw many video on youtube that Chinese people at other country confronting Hong Kong protest face to face and call them separatist, trash or other bad words. when these Chinese being asked “What is the five demands of the Hong Kong protester”. None of them able to answer. None of them.

This is a free world. People can have their beliefs no matter how ridiculous it is to other people’s point of view. I fully respect your opinion and how much you valued your country.

I do agree that there are cultural differences between China and western country. However, no matter in what culture. A promise is a promise. If a country or their people or their government really that care about the National dignity. Try to fulfill the overdue promise and honor her words. The overdue promise made by the Chinese government in the Sino-British Joint Declaration. Give those Hong Kong people universal suffrage.

It is nothing to do with separatist movement.

1 Like

Bending over backward for a totalitarian regime is hardly a neutral act. It’s like changing artwork to comply with extreme censorship. It’s forcing those “values” on everyone.

1 Like

Thank you for your comment and I got your point. I cannot comment on the stuff out of my knowledge though. I won’t argue about the declaration part because I didn’t read the file.
I write this post simply because I think we shouldn’t discuss political issues like we are doing right now in a Blizzard forum as well as, in his situation public tournament interview. We are here to discuss about Hearthstone. So I support the decision not providing the platform expressing non-game related issues, no matter right or wrong. I would like to discuss those issues in another situation but not here.

Thank you for your input. I’ve read a little about what the Chinese powers are doing to Hong Kong citizens. It’s barbaric and unimaginable. It’s not good at all what’s happening, but I cannot go about hating on Blizzard for their actions.

I’ll stil be playing my favorite games here and hope the good fight carries on over there, and that all those present in Hong Kong, or anywhere else, who need to take action, do so for the good of the people. There is a right way and a wrong way to fight for what you believe. Let’s do things the right way.

You don’t know the Sino-British Joint Declaration but you said Blitzchung is separatism and $lizzard was not wrong for banning him. And separatism is same level as racism, terrorism, or non-free speech in western value system. Come on dude, seriously?

You are not in mainland china. I am sure you can find the Sino-British Joint Declaration, of course uncensored one and unedited one on the web.

Are you ok in the head or just very young?

For clarity, most people’s issues are with Blizzard and their actions as a US based company, and not necessarily their stance on HK one way or another. Cultural difference are irrelevant.

We understand that you are afraid to criticize your government because they will make you disappear. However It’s regrettable that having spent 7 years in the US you continue to hold propaganda-fueled views that HK’s demands somehow equal separatism, racism or terrorism.

At the end of the day, Blizzard gave out the harshest punishment possible to a player simply voicing his opinion - nothing more. And let’s not forget about the casters. Blizzard was also dishonest about its motives - it wasn’t simply enforcing tournament rules, but rather in its own words on weibo to protect China’s honor. That kind of action is simply despicable.

I know that declaration before just never read the whole thing. And I just did it. I found it not as you said in the previous reply about the promise. I won’t go deeper into that though. We can discuss that forever and won’t really figure out anything I believe.

However, what that player did seems separatism to me and majority of Chinese community without a doubt. It is as same level as racism, terrorism etc, I was using an analogy, you may or may not take it. I am not trying to persuade you anything. I am just sharing a thought. No matter how wrong it sounds to you.

I’ve there 4 times in the past 10 year and I kept contact with my friends who are still working there. But still, I don’t think I can judge the situation there from the info I get. A lot of people online expressed what they think about HK situation without being in HongKong themselves. They judge things from a few videos, images and articles. I don’t quite like that but I partially got why we think way differently toward a same thing.
I am not going anything deeper and more replies towards politics, way out of my original post.
Agian, my point is no politics in games. If there is, please remove them from the games. Thanks for your reply.

In the land of 12 year olds, free speech means “I can say anything i want, whenever i want, to whoever i want!”. In the land of adults, we understand consequences for our actions, and that there is a time and place for everything. And yes, the time and place for political activism is NOT AT YOUR JOB.

2 Likes

WOW, this is the most BS hogwash i have ever read on the forums. As a chinese myself, i love freedom and democracy and it is because people who love slavery like you and some people claiming some retarded nonsense that chinese need to be controlled which is why people like me every day suffer living under a dictatorship where even holding a cardboard to protest on the streets get you jailed.

Blizzard action is one thing, defending communism is an entirely new level.
You love motherland china so much you should go back to CCCP china and enjoy your life as a slave and happily toe their line or be shipped off and have your organs harvested HAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

this
This is why freedom of speech is important
if you think you should be ruled by authoratian then you can listen someone that will give you less rights
but you have no right to take away other’s

1 Like

You realize it’s not just this specific event that is pissing off people? Companies are bending the knee and becoming chinas (female dog) at the expense of free speech.

Money and greed is becoming more important than values like freedom of expression. It’s not just blizzard or the gaming industry it’s happening everywhere.

1 Like

People who never had true freedom can’t miss it.
Especially with Rich Chinese mainlanders. They don’t have qualms with a corrupt government that is enriching them. And they send their kids to the western country to enjoy freedom using the wealth they stole from their enslaved Chinese brethren.

2 Likes

Political expression is a way of life here in the United States of America. It comes with having a democratic process. And it is true that we are a republic, but we still have a democratic process. So politics is a way of life for us. There is no escaping it, it is in everything.

If you live here in the United States of America and you dislike politics, talking about, thinking about it, then you are in the wrong country, perhaps you would be better suited to living in China or North Korea, where instead of having a say in politics, politics is dictated to you.

To hell with the CCP and FREE HONG KONG

A post was merged into an existing topic: Solidarity with Blitzchung. Censored by Blizzard

A post was merged into an existing topic: Solidarity with Blitzchung. Censored by Blizzard