6 warlock in a row

All with the same quest deck, one was able to get the quest complete by turn 5(and a few on turn six). Is quest Warlock the new easy mode deck now? I don’t really follow the deck sites. I’ve played since the beta and i can’t remember facing six of the same(or super similar) deck in a row. I won some a lost some was just a weird thing.

Quest lock isn’t good, there are plenty of decks who can win against it. What are you even playing?

2 Likes

Don’t listen to the guy above. Quest Warlock, that is, Handlock, is one of the best decks in the meta right now. Unfortunately, it’s being kept at bay by Poison Rogue and Mozaki Mage and many people just aren’t playing Handlock because they either dusted their Quest when it was nerfed or they got bored of playing it.

9 Likes

Quest lock is fine. It’s good but easy beatable by several decks, Poison rouge, Face hunter, DR Hunter, Mozaki mage, Pirate Warrior etc. List is long with a fair chance.

If you can’t beat a warlock then you don’t know what to play.

2 Likes

In gold, maybe, in the real game, it’s ok.

The real shock here is those Warlocks didn’t end up turning into Rogues.

3 Likes

Mozaki and Poison Rogue are bound for nerfs, noone plays DR Hunter, Pirate Warrior loses to a properly played Hand Lock. After the impending nerfs the only counter to Hand Lock will be Face Hunter. Hand Lock should for sure be pre-empetively adressed in the same patch as they nerf Mozaki and Rogue.

1 Like

Or you can let warlock force the migration and ser how It ends.

People not want a New meta?

So let the New decks be force into the game via necessity.

Hand Lock at the top isn’t a new meta.

1 Like

People not having the burn option and being forced on New decks to counter It is.

Also low ranks get rid of the Pirate warrior infestation in the process

Hand Lock at the top isn’t gonna result in new decks. Face Hunter and Libram Paladin will just rise in popularity to counter it, ergo same old meta as before the Rogue infestation.

1 Like

Sorry but those are actually pretty fair matchups and not some sort of silver bullet against It.

Also If blizzard is Just a little inteligent they would actually try to not nerf thief rogue too much.

While It is too powerful right now the gnolls lead to an actually fun playfield by denying initial pressure.

You can put the gnoll nerf on the list of ideas that are good on paper and a disaster on execution.

We should go for actually dismantlying poison rogue , together with some general rogue nerf like nerfing scabbs and/or maybe getting a look at mr. Smite combos.

Face Hunter vs Hand Lock isn’t a fair matchup according to the data. Why are so you hellbent on keeping Thief Rogue? Playing vs randomly generated garbage just feels reminescent of FITB Priest. The deck is also unfavored against both Hand Lock and Libram Paladin (and with a Scabbs nerf i’ts just going to get even worse).

1 Like

Cool.

But still the point that maintain burgle rogue as an actual deck is benefitial for the game overall and to make people play other stuff that isn’t face hunter for a time.

And yes. Burgle rogue is healthy.

After the knee jerk reaction people had to priest in the start of the year we did get the taste of what a game is when it’s too linear and why some degree of randoness is necessary. I kinda sorry for who not learned.

People that not understood yet kinda deserve to be forced to play UIS meta for the rest of their lives.

There is a big difference between “some degree of randomness” and having an archetype built around randomness. Playing against Thief Rogue doesn’t feel “fresch” what so ever. I’d much rather play UiS meta than having archetypes reminscent of “hey look I discovered yet another answer handing me a win I had no business getting”.

When you aren’t at mercy of RNG you’re also not facing New situations but just repeating the same ones over and over.

Without a big amount of RNG the decision making also die because it stop to matter when everyone knows the best approach due to repetition of the same situations.

In other words the game gets objectively worse both as entertainment and competition.

It isn’t subjective. It’s a fact. We had the opportunity to see It happening with our own eyes some months ago.

If we have to choice between something someone don’t like or something that no one likes(includes the ones who did not like the First option).

The path is kinda obvious and Go ahead with the UIS. That mind set really deserves It.

Big cap, it’s not the best deck.

Didn’t say best. I said it’s one of the best. Rogue is in the process of pushing everything else out of Tier 1 and Tier 2. Handlock is a menace the second they fix Rogue and nerf Mozaki, which is what is expected to happen.

1 Like

I’m trying to have faith in T5 in that they’ll have the foresight to nerf Handlock along with Poison and Thief Rogues, as well as Mozaki. If history is any indication, my hope will be decimated.

1 Like

To be honest…I don’t even think we are getting balance changes this Tuesday. That’s how little faith I have in T5. And speculation around the rumor mill is that I’m right.

1 Like