2 consecutive Solar Eclipses cancelled each other out

So I cast 2 Solar Eclipses to set up a massive 3-4x Heart of C’thun to clear a big rez priest board, to effectively deal either 9 or 12 damage to all minions, as would make sense, given how, for example, Vargoth and Time Warp stack. To my disbelief, but in keeping with Blizzard not making sense with their card interactions, I found that not only did they not stack, but they cancelled each other out. As in, I cast the first Solar Eclipse, then the second, then the Heart of C’thun (all in the same turn and in that order and playing no other cards before, inbetween or after), and not only did the Solar Eclipses not stack, but the second one did not even go off. The Heart of C’thun only triggered once, dealing 3 damage, effectively losing me the game. So… you know… all these crazy card interactions are great and all, but how about also taking them for a spin to see how they work, Blizzard?

Twice means exactly two times, no matter how many times you apply twice.

3 Likes

solar eclipse: your next spell casts twice

The first eclipse should make your second eclipse cast twice, meaning your next spell after that casts:

-twice “twice” (4 times) which would be very powerful, probably overpowered

-or it could make it cast 3 times being pretty strong

-or it could just make it cast twice, being a waste

hearthstone: what if it cast once?

4 Likes

Twice the twice is four times. If Blizzard didn’t want them to stack, they should’ve put that in the text. But aside from that rather nonsense interaction, you’ve avoided addressing the other, bigger nonsense interaction. Because indeed twice means exactly two times, so given your assessment, how come the second Solar Eclipse didn’t go off? I get the feeling you wanted to knock my logic (a sound one that makes sense) so hard that the second part of what I said didn’t even matter.

2 Likes

“Twice means exactly two times, no matter how many times you apply twice.” That comment makes only limited sense to me. You can’t know from the card’s text whats going to happen, but…

If it is applied in a linear way ( spell after spell) and does not stack than the result would be an infinite casting of solar eclipse spells :smile: Also I agree heart of c’thun should have at least triggered twice no matter what

1 Like

I agree. It would be very strong. Also the power level of Hearthstone cards right now is pretty much through the roof (peep the 0 mana 6/6 with taunt for instance, which, yeah, takes setup, but so does double Solar Eclipse-Heart of C’thun). And rez priest is one deck that does some rather insane OP stuff, for which I felt an insane OP AOE combo wouldn’t be out of place (aside from that, it takes basically all my mana and wipes my entire board too). That should be made clear on the card, that it doesn’t stack. I’m glad you read all the way through tho, unlike BrknSoul (who is only making Blizzard sense otherwise). If that prevention of 3-4x Heart of C’thun (or whichever other spell) was indeed an intended feature that they programmed (like with the League of Explorers Brann in case it’s Molten Reflection’d or Faceless Manipulator’d or something), surely the same can’t apply to the second Solar Eclipse not going off at all, just because there was a first one.

1 Like

There’s no bug here. It’s been well established in Hearthstone that the term “twice” doesn’t stack. It doesn’t matter if you have a board of 6 Branns, that Battlecry is only going to trigger two times.

The Bug Report forum isn’t a place for discussion or complaints. Please take that to a more relevant forum.

I see you insist on not reading everything I wrote. Guess I can also discard what you wrote then, pal. But since you seem not to like me at all (which, of course, you don’t have to, but if you wanna be active on a bug report forum - basically just giving your take without, I assume, being a dev and thus having no power to fix this - I’d say at least be objective and fair and don’t top anyone’s frustration due to a broken game with more frustration due to your condescension and dismissiveness and unwillingness to go through a person’s whole point), then read Johnny and Lugnut’s posts. They both address the interaction that is invariably a bug, which you claim doesn’t exist.

the difference exist in most card games as being able to stack twice multiple times is extremly stupidly strong due to its exponential development. the most common wording in other games when its intended to stack is “additional time(s)”, where each stacked effect adds an “additional time”

No idea why you and BrknSoul aren’t paying attention to the part where I mention the second Solar Eclipse not going off (which is the main and undebatable bug I’m talking about here) and instead insist on schooling me about how Blizzard logic isn’t in fact diverging from actual logic. Okay. I got it. Fine. “Twice” doesn’t stack. Can we move on to “twice” not even happening at all?

you havent provided any specifics nor screenshots/replay of that other than your word, so we cant tell if that happend or if you just missed what happend (one of the most common “bugs” reported is actually that the player simply wasnt paying attention)

Surely the bug will be there if you test it, since you don’t trust what I’m saying. Please have yourself a look-around and see that most posts don’t have screenshots / replay. And how the hell can you say I provided no specifics? The only detail I left out is that I was on mobile. You didn’t read what I said, friend. Either that or you’re trying to work me up. I don’t see you going around other people’s screenshot-less, replay-less posts saying you don’t believe them with no photographic / video proof. Or you just replied with what you said to cover the fact that you didn’t read what I said the first time, and you’re now trying to pin it on me. Go police other posts as well, I guess.

thats actually one of the most common questions I and other forum users that regularly respond asks. whenever there is a specific scenario where the cause might be other effects on board, cards played in wrong order etc that the reporter hasnt mentioned, the usual question is if the person has screenshots or replays. and this is one such scenario where my personal guess is either cards played in wrong order or that the player simply missed what happend, but it could possibly be a bug and in that case screenshot/replay is needed as its likely a specific interaction that require more info about the boardstate.

also keep in mind that this is a bug report forum, not a place to argue about opinions. you can disagree all you want, but if you want to keep arguing you have to do that in another forum.

Did I not report a bug? Yes, I did. If I could, I would’ve e-mailed Blizzard directly so maybe they actually paid attention instead of being here arguing with you. Did you start by acknowledging the main bug, which is stated in the title of this post? No, you didn’t. You repeated what BrknSoul said and only then thought to state your terms and conditions for believing the issue you didn’t even acknowledge the first time. I’m not arguing opinions, I’m arguing a job poorly done (and if I’m arguing anything else, it’s your attitudes, which happened right here on a bug report forum, so this is where I’m going to discuss them). You and BrknSoul are arguing opinions after I said ‘okay, let’s let it be an opinion, still doesn’t make sense, how about the other more jarring problem I pointed out?’ and sending me to other forums for reporting a real bug. They themself said “there’s no bug here” and addressed only half of my post, the one that yeah, based on Blizzard logic, you can wave away. And, like I said, a dev can easily replicate the situation I talked about without specifics, because I’m sure it’s not isolated. However, from memory, I recall the priest had 6 minions on board, two of them with Gift of Luminance, one of them was Catrina Muerte, two were Convincing Infiltrators, of which one was Luminance’d, and I believe there were 2 Vargoths, one of which was Luminance’d. Oh, and a 10/10 Khartut Defender, that’s why I needed all that damage playing double Solar Eclipse and Heart of C’thun. That’s as specific as I can get. Even without that, however, I feel like they should look into it, and if it is a convoluted situation that I need to describe for them to catch said bug in action, well then, I suppose tough luck, guess they’re gonna have to put in a little extra work that they didn’t feel they should’ve put in before releasing the Darkmoon Faire, which, let me tell you, I’ve encountered maybe 1 or 2 isolated bugs in Hearthstone all the previous expansions combined, and with this one, I ran into 3 (one with Oh My Yogg! triggering both Choose One options along with one of the choices a second time, and the game freezing on mobile when landing on Rod of Pyroblasts with Yogg… two major ones they should’ve caught during testing). Why should I be doing their job for them? Aside from that, I don’t have enough memory space on my phone to record games of Hearthstone on the off chance that I run into a bug (although given the poor job so far, it’s not an off chance anymore). It makes my game stutter, aside from that. And I can’t preemptively take screenshots of a bug I didn’t know would occur. And I’m not going to sit there taking however many screenshots while my opponent’s waiting for me to end my turn already, since I’ve played everything. I can end turn, but then they would be playing their cards and replacing my actions from the activity tray, and then I can’t take all the screenshots it would take for you not to think a bug is an opinion or assume, with no clue that this may be the case, that my attention span is a bug from the get-go, insulting me the way you have. I don’t appreciate being told it didn’t happen or the subject being glossed over altogether. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to agree with Weresalt. Peverin, you seem to be intentionally missing the point, and being a jerk on purpose. Go cast 2 Solar Eclipse spells back to back, and see that the second spell doesn’t go off at all. I’ve experienced this myself. Stop arguing semantics for the sake of avoiding the actual issue, and fix your damn game.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/MXK62_GrO94 Tested it with a different C’Thun spell, seems to work as intended. So I read the past 4 Patch Notes to see if this was fixed (which I did not find a statement about) BUT: https://youtu.be/wQBmX810o3I
Looks like we DO need further investigation here in which interaction might cause that issue!

1 Like

I think you’re all missing the point.

Yes, you’re right, twice means twice. And as a result, his Heart of C’Thun wouldn’t cast 4 times. It should only cast twice, right?

But his Heart didn’t cast twice. It cast once. THAT’S the bug. Please read more carefully.

Thank you.