16.6.1 Server Hotfix for Legend Rank Adjustment

Hey everyone,

We are currently rolling out a 16.6.1 Server Hotfix so that Legend players see a little more swing in their rank post-game. To prepare for the overhaul coming to Ranked Mode, we did some work behind the scenes with the 16.6 patch that swapped the old Ranked system over to the new, more precise, rating update formula used in Battlegrounds. This formula comes with a lower rating movement that happens post-game, which is why Legend players are seeing their ranks fluctuate less after a win or loss currently. This change should restore Legend rank changes to their previous state, while keeping the more accurate rating update formula in place.

We will continue to monitor these adjustments and make changes as needed.

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.

This formula comes with a lower rating movement that happens post-game, which is why Legend players are seeing their ranks fluctuate less after a win or loss currently.

But I never see any rank improvement after winning several games in a row in Legend, and sometimes it even goes worse after winning games. Is that still considered normal?

Want to provide some update here.

Now I do notice a rank improvement (around 10 at around rank ~1500) after winning a game. Thanks for fixing the issue.

does small fonts on legend rank number in friendlist came as a part of this update? It can barely be seen, while before it was big and clear to read

I have noticed a small improvement. I am now gaining/losing around 10 ranks per win/loss at rank 1700 legend. Is this what it should be? I would have to win a ridiculous amount of games in a row to get high legend if so

I just checked my version and it says I’m on 16.6.0, has the hotfix not gone live yet? Im playing on NA

Because it is a Server-side patch, we did not have to download anything, so I think it is normal that our game clients say 16.6.0.

1 Like

This is definitely still an issue for me. I’m seeing a max of 10 ranks per win/loss. At low legend I should be gaining/losing way more than that. And sometimes I will win a game and go backwards still.

1 Like

i was legend rank 202 , after wining 3 games im 230 , is that normal ???