150 Free Packs?

Just received 150 Free packs as a welcome back package. Is it only certain people? As friends of mine who’ve also not played in a while didn’t receive any for their welcome back.

4 Likes

I just logged in for the first time in a while and didn’t receive anything :frowning:

3 Likes

I didn’t get anything either.

1 Like

I just got this “gift”. I quit Hearthstone in November of 2017. It’s been 5 years since I have logged in. I know when I quit, because a new expansion had just released and I was no longer having fun keeping up with cards. My “free” grind for gold to get packs became a daily chore. And I felt it was just too expensive. I loved “wild” and so I wanted the biggest card collection ever. Even with 150 free packs I wont go back, frankly, there will never be a way to ever catch up in cards and for that reason I will never play Hearthstone again. I understood legendary cards were too expensive, but I tried to have every common/rare/almost all the good epics and then select legendary cards. If they gave us entire sets of old expansions I might consider coming back, but for this? Naw.

4 Likes

Zeddy released a video about this today. Apparently this offer is being made to a lot of people ho haven’t played the game in a while, though the number of packs varies.

got 150 packs . haven’t played in years. Decided to try it out and got farmed by top tier decks at the lowest possible rank when all I can make is core set decks. going to be a no from me dog.

3 Likes

Do you have frostbolt, mirror image, ice lance etc. on your mage? I’m also returning and I see they are missing. No free packs also :slight_smile:

I haven’t played in years. Decided to play almost exclusively Arena when I came back a few weeks ago. No gifts or anything.

The game is already hard enough to get into since I literally have no cards playable in Standard. Probably a sign for me to uninstall the game again since I’m starting to remember why I left.

I am seething in anger. Every single person in my friend group got the packs except for me…
We have all religiously played for the first EIGHT expansion AND paid for btw. I got back into hearthstone because of them. Now they are care packaged over a hundred dollar worth of resources. Im stuck doing solo adventures for a messily crumb of a card pack because i have no essence to craft a meta deck thats not my one free deck for logging in.

I dont understand this marketing scheme. If anything this made me so angry i dont even think i want to play hearthstone anymore.

2 Likes

My entire wow guild who doesnt even play got 150 free packs while I get nothing? How does this make sense?

2 Likes

Chances are it isn’t really random. They have probably already worked out which accounts will have any chance of turning back into paying customers.

All the players here who got nothing are likely considered non spenders and were not given any free stuff because they believe you wouldn’t have bought anything whether they gave you 0 packs or 500 packs.

Is it region limited? was there any country restriction? man, I bought every expansion, at least 80 packs per set from the begining to barrens, I have been out of the game for 1 year, I saw this as a good oportunitie to get back to a beloved game but when I logged in I got nothing, this is a big boomer for me, guess I’ll never get back to the game.

This is kinda not fun. Why am i Being punished for playing the game?? I have barely enough cards to scrape together a deck for standard play and these people who have not played in years are getting a huge boost to surpass me and crush me with the meta decks that I am unable to craft.

1 Like

So basically I suffered through all those horrible expansions with unfun metas for roughly the same amount of packs they’re just giving people who stopped playing? That’s going to weigh heavily next time I wonder why I even play infuriating game anymore. Team 5 is truly the worst.

They should have given everyone the same amount of packs. Receiving anything under 150 feels like i’ve been scammed :frowning:

wel maby you should not expect to do well after not playing for years with an outdated collection in a ccg?

this might be right. i have 2 accounts that i haven’t played in years, except for occasional solo adventures. one i’ve spent a few hundred dollars on, and one i’ve never spent any money on (just played golden Whizbang). the spendy account got 150 packs, the other one got nothing.

may or may not be related: i’ve also spent probably near $4k on WoW and CoD over the past 18 years on the “spendy” account.

1 Like

Use the Mrglock loaner deck. It gets more wins than losses and I didn’t even lose until I got up to a higher rank. Well, not higher rank, but no longer in the lowest.

just got this as well, haven’t played in a while and a while back i used to buy quite a bit but not play much

so yeah they are trying to ‘buy’ us back in the game with cards packs that cost them nothing, just a slight reduction in how hard we will feel pushed into the cash shop for more packs

1 Like

Just signed back in since…uh…Galakrond Rogue was on ladder. Got my 150 packs.