128 packs opened & only two legendaries...quests that is. No minions

How bad was your pack opening experience?

So far this is the absolute worst ratio ever in the history of the game for me.

I’ve been playing this game almost daily since beta and love Hearthstone. It is my go to game and has been for half a decade.

I loved the last expansion to the point I went ahead and dropped $125 on this last expansion, to only get two legendaries and duplicate after duplicate of the same dang cards.

The ratio has been so bad that all I feel is anger for this game. Now more than ever you have to have the “perfect” deck to even have a chance to win. The beauty of the last expansion was I had eight different decks that I felt I had a pretty good chance of winning and I did. That is definitely not the case this time.

Blizzard you f-ing blew it hard and honestly you aren’t getting any money from me for a while.

4 Likes

Thought a legendary was guaranteed to show up in every 40 packs…

3 Likes

Got the 2 off the 80 pack deal. I’ve spent another $50 on packs and not one legendary has popped out. Had some purples, but more than ever I’ve had garbage cards.

1 Like

The guarantee has never been explicitly stated by Blizzard, it was just the conclusion the community reached based on collected aggregate data from pack tracking websites.

That being said, those websites track a ton of people, so it seems odd that OP didn’t get at least a third legendary.

1 Like

Did you buy packs from different expansions? If so, the 40 pack pity timer only applies per expansion.

1 Like

They confirmed that when china changed its rules for virtual game products.

Legendary does not mean good. I run a deck at rank 3 wild… Guess how many legendaries i have? Two. Tired of people that think legendaries are the cards that matter. I used to think like that. Then i got out of that mind set and started to rank up

was this before or after they gave 2000 dust to some people because their pitty timers didnt trigger ?

How long before they release a post saying, “There was a bug on certain packs not giving legendarys as they should—oops!”

thats what happened back then and they gave 2000 dust to those affected

It is very valuable your experience, becouse blizzard keeps selling bundles with the most variety of packs possible, to minimize the number of legendaries ppl get, and maximize the number of cards to craft. Which is why i have never bought any bundle like this.

It is a slimy company that doesnt deserve a dime

3 Likes

I don’t know what to say about any of this.

I have never gone more than 40 packs without getting a legendary. And when I open large quantities of packs, 80 packs and more, I usually average about 1 legendary every 20 packs. Back when I was doing 60 packs I would get around 1 every 30 packs on average.

On the other hand, I know that my personal experience is not the same experience other may necessarily have.

I want to, instinctively, declare you a liar. But there is that very, very, very small chance you could be telling the truth.

Unless the OP can supply evidence of the claims, then I’m calling shenanigans. There’s no way a person would open 128 packs and get only 2 Legendaries. Fake news.

The LEAST amount such a person would get would be 4 Legendaries. 1 Legendary free on launch … 1 Legendary guaranteed in the 1st 10 packs … then 2 more Legendaries in the remaining 118 packs if they were super unlucky and only got a Legendary every 40th pack (he’d be 2 away from a 5th).

The far more likely story here is that the OP is on a bit of a tilt and he’s stretching the blanket while he’s in a pique. Either he didn’t [A] open 128 packs, or [B] he got more Legendaries than he’s cottoning to or [C] these were packs that crossed multiple expansions.

It’s not my money obviously but I gotta tell you this: stop wasting your money in the hunt for more legendaries. If you have to spend money to buy a bundle, do it - just don’t keep wasting more and more money trying to reach the “pity timers”. Play with what you have, use your resources and deny them money the best way you can in order to stop feeding this beast of a company.

1 Like

how? the riddler gets 3x more legendaries than you and for free !

how many legendaries did you need to disenchant, in order to craft those 2? ah yes, 8
legendaries also mean dust which means decks

I think with fewer people buying cards these days, the whales have to be milked harder. BTW I’ve never averaged 1 legendary/ 20 packs. It’s much closer to 1/40.

1 Like

Let’s remember that 40 opened packs without a legendary does t guarantee you a legendary in the next pack. The pity mechanic only raises your chances at legendaries.

as they would say - " have a blast day and better luck next time’’ :slight_smile:

There’s a third possibility: OP could simply be wrong about how many legendaries they got.

That is very generous of OP.

I am looking at price per pack purchase that is bought not on a special bundle which imo is very expensive.

I used buy packs on regular price for the sake of getting legendary and dust and learned a lesson that it is not worth it.