[Main Thread] Google Pixel 6/7 Crashing in Collection

I am also experiencing this issue on a pixel 6

9 Likes

I am having issues with crashing mid game and almost always with trying to look through My Collection.

5 Likes

Pixel 6 pro user here. This last update has been super bad for me. Crashing whenever I look at my collection or try to add/remove a deck

8 Likes

Same with Pixel 7. Crashes constantly in collection since the update. Super annoying. Hope you like the decks you have…

5 Likes

Pixel 6 pro user here. Same problem! Almost impossible to play. Crashes every game that I play.

7 Likes

Hey all,

Our Hearthstone team is investigating reports of crashes on Google Pixel 6 devices.

Some users reported that performing a full uninstall and reinstall of the Hearthstone app has helped.

We’ll make sure to provide any updates or new information in this thread. Thanks!

Update: Work around posted here

5 Likes

This is happening on my Pixel 7 as well. Reinstalling doesn’t work. Even the BG collection crashes it so I just play something that I don’t need a deck for, or nothing.

4 Likes

Pixel 6 user. The issue for me at least seems to be isolated to animated portraits. Arthas for example. Once it starts moving the portrait box turns black and the game freezes.

I was just trying to get through the Death Knight solo stuff, but it’s not possible.

Definitely uninstall and reinstall has not worked.

8 Likes

Cleared cache, files, etc. To no avail. Google pixel 6, multiple devices in home with the same issues. Has made h2h game play unplayable.

4 Likes

Pixel 6 here,

Uninstall and reinstall with all data cleared hasn’t worked at all.

Maybe it has something to do with the recent security update on Android.

It’s really frustrating, because in my last game I reconnected like 12x after crashes and I don’t want to log in anymore.

Blizzard, you really have to rework the client.

7 Likes

Had the same problem in January, then a patch solved the problem partially. Would still get freezes in collections but could play games. Now the same problem is back again and the game even freezes mid game. So until this is resolved, playing on mobile is not possible. How can this be so difficult to troubleshoot? You can generate logs and pinpoint the problem. And reinstalling the game had never worked for anyone, ever. That only works on PC.

1 Like

Pixel 6 Pro here. Same issue. Last month, playing a game with a premade deck first would then let me get to the collection. Now the game crashes to a black screen at least twice per game, and everytime I try to see the collection.

When it happens on my opponents turn, I can reconnect, but losing a turn to restart the app and unintentionally rope my opponent is frustrating.

1 Like

Google pixel 6 user here I find my games, Just keep disconnecting reconnecting and then eventually the whole game freezes up and shuts down and I get kicked from any match I was in. Was working fine until yesterday, now I can’t play one match without crash loop.

1 Like

I’m remiss that I’m not the only one experiencing this Pixel 6 issue. I have been kicked from a number of games, collection views, and deck selection screens. More so since the recent update with the mini-set release.

I have cleared the cache, and uninstalled/reinstalled the game, and used 5g and Wifi to connect and am still experiencing black screens.

2 Likes

Just had this start happening to me today. Completely unplayable now at this point for me. Mobile is the main way I play the game usually, it feels even worse since a new set was just released.

I have been a pretty regular supporter of this game since beta. When games have issues like this that aren’t addressed, it is very easy for me to just stop caring about the game in general. Judging from the recent blue response, it seems like they are completely out of touch with the issue at hand. Hopefully this gets looked at soon.

2 Likes

Any word on 90% of this game being fixed?

1 Like

1Pixel 7 here. Same crashes everytime.

2 Likes

Pixel 6 pro user here,
Game has been crashing on collection for months, has been crashing multiple times loading in game or in game since a few weeks. Usually on an action/animation ending like a card being drawn or a minion being hit by a spell or dying but it always crashes mid animation.
Idk if that’s any help

Pixel 6 user here. Also experiencing freezing. If I force quit and try to reload, it sometimes freezes before rejoining. Even if I rejoin, it usually freezes again within a minute or two. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache, etc, and the problem is still persisting.

2 Likes