Your rig+performance reports, lets have it people

i9 9900k
GTX 1070
32gb ddr4
1080p 144Hz

The game ran really horribly this time around compared to the first 2 betas. The only changes between then and now for me was i went from 16 to 32gb of RAM, and updated my video drivers.

I had a lot of stuttering, freezing, and rubberbanding. Also when loading into a new area, monsters would look very pixelated for like 20 seconds while my game tried to adjust. I tried to lower some settings to compromise (had been playing with their HIGH settings) → I lowered some of the shadow/detail settings.

Not really sure what happened here considering, if anything, my system is slightly better now and the settings are a bit lower to try and combat my issues. Unless this was a server-side thing or a change in the optimization, I have no clue why this was so bad for me.

If you hit ctrl + r, shows you your fps, hit it again and shows you your ping.

1 Like

i9-13900ks
GTX 4090
64gb DDR5
4k Ultrawide

I was getting an average 195FPS everything maxed out and high res textures.

1 Like

I would hope so for a 4K+ machine.

I have less than a grand in mine. Only upgrade left for me to get is a newer GPU. lol

i7-9700k
GTX 4070 (yeah, I know)
64 GB DDR5
SSD (non-NVMe)
1440p G-synce 144hz
Maxed out settings, no DLSS/DLAA, capped at 144 FPS.

The game ran incredibly well for me, nearly always running at 144 FPS, even during Ashava. I did get some high frametimes during some transitions like entering a new open-world area, or when other players suddenly entered from off-screen, or sometimes when leaving Kyovashad. No crashed, limited rubber-banding, and no audio cut outs like in the last Beta.

1 Like

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E ACE
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 64GB DDR5 6000MHz, C36
GPU: MSI RTX 4080 GAMING X TRIO
Game Drive: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB SSD - M.2 PCIe Gen4 NVMe
Monitor: BenQ EX480UZ 48" 120Hz 4K OLED Gaming Monitor

Game ran excellent, no stuttering or jerkiness at all. I was capped at 120 FPS due to my monitor, rarely dipped below 115. GPU temps averaged at around 65° at 90% utilization. CPU temps averaged at around 70° at 38% utilization. Ram utilization averaged around 47%. Game drive temp around 61°. (all temps in Celcius)

1 Like

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7950X3D (watercooled, 420mm radiator)
GPU : AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX 24GB (XFX Speedster)
Mobo : Asus x670E-E Gaming Wifi
Disk : Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME SSD
Mem : 64GB DDR5 G.Skill TridentZ Neo @ 4800MHz ***
Monitor : LG 1440p @ 144Hz (Gsync/Freesync)

Game ran stable and smooth at ultimate settings just like it did during first rounds of Beta. I think I lowered 1 or 2 settings from ultimate to high for stuff that seems like overkill since I prefer high fps over eye candy in big intensive scenes.

I always shoot for 120+fps or I start noticing the difference. Overall the game did well to maintain great performance but there are 3 situations which are very noticeable and annoying:

1. Cinematic scenes at 30fps
  2. Animations that are clearly not running at full framerate. Very noticeable on skeleton enemies, their joints look like they are animating at 30fps even if the game is at 144Hz.
  3. Mobility skills / evade. The game clearly maintains 144Hz but the character is only moving across the world at what looks like 30Hz. Either it’s rubberbanding or limited frame movement, very noticeable and gives a frequent and disruptive stutter that disrupts the normal fluidity of the game.

For someone susceptible to eye fatigue at lower framerates especially for scrolling text/images (I’m over 40yo), the stutter of certain elements is pretty disappointing. Hopefully the devs can improve this.

I tried FSR2.0 on/off and it didn’t seem to matter, always capped at 144Hz VSync. I uncapped it briefly to check fps and it was usually around 250-300fps but it’s pointless and will just increase GPU usage/heat for no noticeable improvement. I think I left FSR 2.0 on at ultimate or balanced just in case there would have been a drop in big battles, it didn’t introduce any artifacts and looked fine and lowered GPU usage slightly. I tried setting the XBox Gamebar setting to tell it that D4 was a game (helpful for 7950X3D to park it on the high cache cores), but it didn’t give the option this time around unlike the beta. However looking in task manager it was still using only the vcache cores while the game had focus, so that’s good.

*** Overkill for games, but I built the PC for work. I turned off memory Expo overclock from 6000MHz back to 4800MHz last week after hearing about the overvoltage issues with 7-series CPUs especially on Asus boards, nothing melted and voltages are low and stable, waiting for an updated bios but not in a rush to try to get Expo back on, doesn’t seem to matter much for performance anyway. I did see CPU SOC voltage close to 1.4v before that…

1 Like

i5-4430
6750 xt
12 GB of DDR3

Put on high settings at 4K and tuned down a few settings that I felt like would affect the processor to try and prevent bottlenecking.

Never touched the RAM, maybe 9 GB at the highest. GPU ran at 98%. CPU was 74-88% out in the world. 100% in town. Had fps capped at 65 in menu but the game still ran at 70-80 fps for some reason.

Overall very happy with performance on a non ideal rig.

CTRL+R will get you the in game frames in lower left corner.

2 Likes

Intel i7-8700K
AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (12 GB VRAM)
32 GB DDR4 RAM
M.2 NVME SSD
1440p with Ultra settings (high textures)
FPS was from 90 to 110. (using MSI Afterburner)

ASUS VG27AQL1A 27" 1440p (HDR-400 for < $300!)
The HDR was fixed and fantastic! My Barbarian’s armor was shining in the sunlight.

Note: HDR was not working in the previous Beta tests.

1 Like

15-12600k
32 GB DDR4
M.2 SSD
6800XT

Got pretty much consistent 144 FPS on max settings without HD textures except in busy areas of town and the in-engine cutscenes that are rendered at 30FPS for some reason.

12700k, 32g ddr5, mvme drives.
ROG strix 4080
fractal torrent case, d15 cooler.
Samsung g7 32"1440p at 240 mhz. frame rates were capped at 240.
ran around 190 fps in game when I looked anyway, nice and smooth.
dlss on and also frame generation. so dlss3 basically, was on.
game ran a max setting no issues.
but I expected that with this rig.

1440p@165fps gsync (msi mag 27inch QD) using DP cable
13900kf
32 gb ddr5 6000
msi 3080Ti
1tb kingston fury SSD(m.2)
win11pro
no overclock anywhere. (except XMP profile turned on if that counts at all)
*nothing shows red in HWINFO sensors mode after a long session.
*scores slightly above 40k in cinebenchR23

was bad. worse than last beta. hiccup city. asset loading city.

maybe i should upgrade my toaster :confused: nah fix your game pls :slight_smile:

DLSS was bad aswell on all settings. turned to blurry mess before every cinematic lol
for some reason the first minutes of the slam showed FidelityFX instead of DLSS so it didnt bode well from the start heh

*i feel like i need to say it’s a bliss playing most other games. idk why this one with such low recommended requirements is worse for me.

i wish someone at blizz built my exact machine and made it work well somehow lol.
problem is they should do that for every damn combination possible :wink:

let’s just say “blizzard polish” isnt a term i would use anymore… well if i used it, it wouldnt mean the same thing as it used to.

i run 4k on this fps because that’s better than having >30 fps with medium textures.
not good for you? too bad for you. not for me.

medium rig as in a rig that can run diablo iv on medium setting, which it can- easily.
even on 4k.
and then some.

I’m running an intel i9 @ 3.6ghz and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. Pretty smooth on high settings - my card revs up from time to time but much less than other game (Total War Warhammer 3) where it’s on perma fan-blast.

i5-4790K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB, 1440p

I ran CapFrameX twice for 10 minutes each to get some FPS readings.
I was averaging 124 and 128 FPS.

My in game settings were:

FSR2- Quality
Sharpen- I used Nvidias at 50%
Max Foreground- set it to 144
Texture Quality- High
Anisotropic- 16X
Shadow Quality- High
Dynamic Shadow- On
Soft Shadow- On
Shader- High
SSAO- High
Fog Quality- Medium
Clutter- High
Fur- Medium
Water- High
Anti Alias- High
Geometric Complexity- High
Terrain- High
Physics- High
Particles- High
Reflection- High
Screen Space Reflections- On
Distortion- On
Low FX- Off

Overall everything was looking great to me, and I didn’t experience any issues on my older machine. Cinematics would dip down, but nothing bad. I had crossplay turned off.

1 Like

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Cooling MASTERLIQUID ML240 MIRROR

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 TI 8GB GDDR6X
RAM VENGEANCE® 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6000MHz C40

MotherBoard MPG B650 EDGE WIFI
Storage Samsung 980 PRO PCIe® 4.0 NVMe™ SSD 1TB
PC Tower Corsair 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Case
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 ATX 3.0 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular SLI/Crossfire Ready

I had this PC built specifically to play Diablo 4 at max settings
Zero issues were encountered on my end
I did not use Ultra settings across the board though, and have yet to buy an updated monitor, so I was running at 150fps with an old ASUS monitor that can only handle 1920x1080 60 fps.

Smh.

Of course not. I don’t like pretending I’m playing PS1 games with not-PS1 games.

This is actually mind boggling, and frankly I think this is a really weak troll.

not everyone is a professional troll like yourself, my dear.
enjoy your fat rig.

13700k on water,
Ek, 360 aio, fractal torrent case. rog rtx4080, 32 gig of ddr5, on a 1440p 244 hrz monitor, fps gives me an edge more than 4k , something I can feel, 4k is pretty and all but not worth the fps hit to me, all settings maxed dlss3 on,
Frame gen also on. My rig runs great, d4 looks stellar , if I stop and look at a wall or something, something I rarely do gaming. It benchmarks well, I do however have server related issues, rubber banding, odd game crashes, and a few other random issues, but it’s really nothing new with a new blizzard game. It seems to all get fixed over time. I have no issues like this in other games.