XBOX Controller problem on PC

I am trying to use a controller for Diablo 4 and I have tried to use basic attack and interact button bound by default to A on XBOX wired controller (on PC) and almost every time I try to use the A button to perform an action other than a basic attack it opens up the dialog/msg box/chat window on the lower right instead. For example when I try to pick up, equip, pushing A on the character screen it does this. I have to keep pushing A again to get to do the desired action. Also I cannot select a different button for interact instead of A if I want to assign A to basic attack.

When I want to set Interact button on controller it says “Set Binding A” and then when I push A it scrolls me to the top of the screen

I have to push the map buttons more than three times to pull up the whole map on controller. It does register the button with a sound but for some reason it just does not want to pull up the map.

I do not know what other people are experiencing but I would have loved the game (besides connection issues) if it was not for this.

I have the same issue
You cant change the chat button. Its a mess trying to open a chest, pick an item or start a npc conversation. And sometimes you get locked during battle too.

Also when you press the L button opens a virtual keyboard, this key isn’t editable too, sad since its a very good key for a Map, for example.

There is plenty of time to improve. I juts hope they fix it.

Try turning off the GeForce Experience Overlay if you have it on. This fixed my issues with a controller.

Same issue at launch!!! Worked fine in first beta. This is borderline unplayable. Note: I don’t have GeForce Overlay

Turn off Steam :slight_smile: i had the same issue

4 Likes

havent tested longer than a few seconds but initially looks better, about 6 people in my ground are having the same issues, and for me so far this is the only thing thats improved it.

If anyone here has Steam running in background, that may be the culprit. Open task menu and disable Steam from running in the background. Worked for me.

2 Likes

Thank you! This fixed it for me.

THANK YOU! that was the problem. I hope they will patch this so steam will not cause issues. You all saved my day!