WT2 Only Scales to level 50?

I wanna do a lot of side missions and exploring before tackling the campaign fully, does that mean if I tackle cmpaign at level 55 for example, all enemies and bosses in the campaign will be max level 50?

1 Like

Probably? Why not just do most of the sidequests in WT 3?

3 Likes

I don’t know, from previous gaming experiences, I start to quickly lose interest in games after beating the campaign… i know, i know…arpgs arent about campaign, but I’m not an arpg player… i like diablo lore, gameplay is fun as well as exploring, but grinding to get a little better gear when you already beat the campaign doesnt do much for me

1 Like

I can understand that. Personally, can’t wait to beat the story so I can get to WT3 and do all my sidequests and dungeons that I held off on.

It is pretty common for people to want to do all the side quests before beating the main quest in games. In older games, the game usually ended completely when you beat the main quest, so you couldn’t even do side quests after that.

But then Diablo 4 isn’t an older game that ends when you beat the main quest; In Diablo 4, there is a lot of post-end game content, and you’re definitely not intended to stop playing after completing the main quest.

1 Like

Yeah, I wanted to wait until I got to WT 3 to do side content and exploration so I could get sacred gear while exploring.

I’m really debating with myself on how much side quest content to do before beating the main quest. I don’t really want to just skip all the NPCs who are begging for my help and run past every dungeon, but at the same time, I, like you, would like to complete the main quest before level 50.

So really, my ideal would be to do just enough side quest content to be exactly level 50 when I complete the main quest. But I don’t know how much side quest content that is.

2 Likes

The campaign is such an itty-bitty part of a Diablo game though. And it seems like an even smaller part of D4.

Lol dude, these are EXACTLY my thoughts…

I would love to know how much exactly experience you gain from all main story quests so I can calculate when to start doing it so I can be level 50 at last campaign boss fight

For me, doing the sidequests after you beat the campaign, where problems are mostly created by the main villan and his presence in the world, is less immersive… if you know what I mean…

Once I kill main villan, the Sanctuary should be at peace with no demons, possesed people etc… at least thats how i see it. So doing them after the campaign break an immersion a little bit. Ofc i’ll do sidequests and stuff after the campaign, but not for long probably.

I just want to prolong this immersive feeling.
I’ll do the content after the campaign, but with a different vibe. I’ll just do it for pure run, while now I’m kinda doing it bc of immersion.

Please no spoilers

2 Likes

From what I read in this thread, do we have to complete the campaign before moving on to T3 even if we’re level 50?

Unfortunately yes… this is my only gripe with the game…

1 Like

Aw man, exactly what I was afraid of lol

They should honestly give us an option to reach WT4 before the main quests are over, so people can try to kill big campaign bosses on harder difficulty.

As of now, the campaign feels like a perfectly curated theme park that is made in a way so player almost can’t die unless it’s the one-eye one-hand Timmy with narcolepsy playing.

At least I hope there will be an option to fight all campaign bosses again in some way, otherwise a lot of those are wasted on difficulty that never lives up to the hype.

Completely agree. The game would be 10x more exciting and fun if I could play Campagin at highest difficulty… I’d just grind and explore the world, do the content and then when I’m geared to the gills I’d go against “the hardest boss” bc main villain should be hardest boss in the universe if you follow the lore…

1 Like

Yeah, it just seems they wanted to have 2 games in one.
One for super casual audience who just want to quickly and effortlessly run through the story and then the second one, where people have to try to overcome stuff.

Sadly, all that epic music, voice acting, graphics, cinematics… all that falls extremely flat when you start fighting that world-ending evil and it is just slapping you like a wet noodle while having one sweep attack, one circle attack and auto attack.

It’s just big hype with almost no pay-off with most of the story bosses :confused: .

1 Like

I’m almost 50 just from fully exploring fractured peaks. This was definitely a mistake, and now I’m going to have to solely focus on the main story quest and ignore all other content just to get to WT3. Annoying, to be sure.

4 Likes

I’m keeping my low level gear in stash so when I’m level 60 and wanna do story, I’ll just equip level 35 gear, respec and spend only 35-40 skill points.

yeah i’m annoyed because i leveled to 50 way too fast without realizing i was only on act 3. I assumed i could continue the campaign on tier 3 but nope. So i ended up switching to tier 1 so i could beat the it quick so i could get to tier 3… But i really wanted to experience the whole thing playing on tier 2. Meh

2 Likes

I’m only in act2 and lvl50 already :roll_eyes: Did the content what was provided. :confused: Untested, unbalanced product. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I don’t know why they locked T3 behind the campaign while giving us 5 huge areas to explore.
It should be unlocked once you get 50, let us explore as we want…

2 Likes