Will Mobalytics overlay get you banned?

Asking for a friend.

Never heard of it happening, but anything that’s not the game can get you banned if they decide to.

1 Like

Any use of a third party program is use at your own risk. If you want to take the gamble, go for it. Blizzard has a hard stance against third party programs and if caught they will take action against your account accordingly, doesn’t matter what that program is.

5 Likes

Can youtube video of a guy claiming he was banned from using it.

WoW is full of add ons and I’ve never heard of anyone getting banned. I do understand that it’s “use at own risk”, but I’ve never heard of anyone getting banned from wow for using addons.

I told my friend I advise against it, but it seems like a big cheat imho. Anything that says “this chest here/this event here” feels a bit “cheaty”. I don’t really feel like Diablo 4 needs it, but WoW is massive and it makes a huge difference in that game.

6 Likes

WoW is a completely different beast then their other games.

In case you want more information. WoW has its own set of rules as well in terms of what can be used for Add-ons. They had to take a hard stance multiple times in their other games, you shoulda seen the fiasco with D3.

Best case scenario the program you want to use doesn’t trigger their automated system, and you’re fine. Worst case scenario you lose access to your account or the game associated with it.

2 Likes

Thank you that actually clarifies a lot for me. I really appreciate the time you spent linking that! gl hf ss!

1 Like

3rd party overlay provides competitive EDGE gets you banned. Mobalytics is a build guide overlay, similar functionality as discord overlay. Terms and conditions does not prohibit build guides otherwise maxroll won’t be funded by Blizzard. Most of these renowed build guide are supported by gaming companies for marketing purposes.

If you get banned due to mobalytics, the problem will be how to prove only using mobalytics at the time. These overlays aren’t exactly thuds.

As for history of THUD. No one ever got banned from it. Sources of claim were disguising for other cheating. Banning in D3 were exploiting bugs for LB and botting exclusively.

Sure it’s use at your own risk, but same with overwolf or discord overlays.

A bit over the top fear mongering because of thud(which is a different league of it’ own)

If you gotta ask, the answer is probably yes.

4 Likes

Parts of Mobalytics hook into the game’s API. This is one you do not want to touch with a ten mile pole. And it doesn’t matter whether or not you use the features that hook into the game or just the mundane info parts of the overlay - if Warden scans that app as active while playing, you can be actioned. Just ask people that have had AutoHotKey running while a Blizzard game is being played, even if they didn’t use AHK while they played, it was detected and actions taken were not/would not be reversed in those scenarios.

Warning players that the detection of what is considered a form of cheat software by multiple developers can result in account actions even if those cheat features aren’t in use isn’t fearmongering. It’s arming the player with the info they need to make a decision as to whether or not to risk it. Basic overlays like Steam and Discord can’t hook into a game’s API. Mobalytics can. It’s the “can” part that matters, as that is what Blizzard goes by when actioning detections by Warden. Note that just because they may have an “interactive” overlay doesn’t mean that feature is the cheat - it may well just pull data from a website API. But the core software is what will be considered when detected, not necessarily the features enabled by the user.

Keep in mind that bans don’t happen right away when the detection occurs. It can happen weeks or even months later after more data is collected, and to prevent software developers from catching on to which part of their software is triggering the anti-cheat mechanisms of each respective developer.

As with any such software, it boils down to “use at your own risk”. The general rule of thumb of “if you have to ask, it’s probably best to avoid it” is the safest bet. But in the end, the choice must be made by the end user, not us. All we can do is provide information with which to make a decision from.

6 Likes

No, i don’t think so people ask about overwolf and discord overlays also. So, not really.

https://mobalytics.gg/lol/glp/diablo-4-download

see FAQ.

Probably not unless it becomes a cheating tool or gets put on the no-play list

For those of you who want something more definitive:

Sketchy player base dude.

Option to cheat is probably there, you want to put your hand up in the air for everyone and say nobody will abuse that option?

I wouldn’t.

2 Likes

WoW has a system to support Addons, 100% not the same thing.

5 Likes

Option to cheat with what? Mobalytics app?

Thud - yes, but mobalytics is a pretty big website - equivalent to the major fan sites icyveins / d4builds / maxroll / etc. I seriously doubt that they would put their player base at risk of massive bans.

Mobalytics arent same context with AutoHotKey. When its not running. Warden doesnt have the rights to scan your memory for active software(s). It is illegal. AHK can hardware macro detections are based from in game activities. Even if you set a repeater in town to prevent dropping out from idle time, the action can be bannable, just unlikely since back end info states you are in town.

Thud and other more intrusive cheating taps into API way invasive than mobalytics. We dont know if there’s a white or grey list on warden. Its unlikely a build guide overlay, no matter how it behaves relating to API been bannable based on principle of ToS. There are individual scenarios which are inevitable in any circumstances.

Players were banned from music overlays in D3’s history, sure battle music buffs a player’s performances in terms of unfair advantage.

1 Like

Yes, it does. That’s how anti-cheat works, and you agree to such in the EULA:

3 Likes

It CAN NOT scan memory out side the scope of Blizzard games running. We wont discuss too much regarding Blizzard bugged ToS in legality terms. Way too much time spent back in D3 era.