Who's super excited for couch co-op?

Not me, but what about you guys?

2 Likes

One of the main reasons I purchased Diablo 4

1 Like

I’m sure some console gamers are, or like college kids that share a room/house.

It does not impact me.
The only games I can couch co-op are fighting games or sports games, when people come over.
Anything that requires progression…well it seems like an unnecessary option as the other person probably will not want to get involved in gaming long term on my couch in my house (nor would I want them here that long).

3 Likes

While I am a dedicated PC Gamer (i.e. Keyboard + Mouse) … I have to admit … playing with your friends next to you sounds awesome! It reminds me of those Old Skool LAN parties back in the day … only back then … it wasn’t game consoles … you literally were lugging your heavy desktop PC + other peripherals with you (all this was before wireless stuff and gamer laptops) … hunkerin’ down in some friend’s place that made it all possible … and just had fun.

Good Times!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :desktop_computer: :keyboard: :computer_mouse: ----- :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :desktop_computer: :keyboard: :computer_mouse: ----- :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :desktop_computer: :keyboard: :computer_mouse: ----- :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :desktop_computer: :keyboard: :computer_mouse:

4 Likes

A nice feature of many flat screen TVs is the ability to connect a pc to them via HDMI or even VGA (more rare now). I recently upgraded from a 40" to 55" and kept the old one in a closet. During D4 Beta, I brought the 40" back out and set it up next to the 55", so we connected our PCs to them and played coop all day long. Pretty awesome!

2 Likes

Will it work on PC where one uses keyboard and mouse while the other controller?

Unfortunately, no coop on the same PC.

Too bad, would have been a fun time killer during a BBQ evening.

whats the point of questions like these when we know they are down and ready to make fake accounts and replies :stuck_out_tongue:

Couch, separate laptop co-op? This is PC forums.

" don’t you all have couches?’

2 Likes

Haha yep that was also a pita !!!

I am super excited to play couch coop on my PC… oh wait.

I don’t play console, primarily because games these days don’t support coop or split screen, since they’re too worried about fully utilizing the hardware on every game. To me, console’s purpose was for couch coop. So, it’s nice D4 is utilizing consoles how they should be

console enjoyers… diablo has to be a real good game if you only play 1 hour a day your entire life

I was wondering the same. Have to check the ToS and see if you’re allowed to run more than one client. That’s mostly what would allow it or not.

If that is what multiboxing is, then apparently it’s allowed.

Yea, I just wana read it to make sure.

There’s claws too those particular situations. PoE for instance screwed up by stating “input device” instead of “users”. So people play with eye tracking and all sorta silly stuff to multi-box.

Unless you were playing strategy games like Warcraft and there were mirrors strategically placed on walls or your friends had a problem breaking their neck trying to catch glimpses of what you were doing.

Yeah, Lan Parties were pretty damn fun though. Even with one of my best friends always pulling the crap I mentioned above.

For a game that was suppose to be a PC first game they sure sold it on consoles and talk about consoles all day in their live streams. Devs are clueless