When to engage with tormented bosses?

Those are all really sad replies unfortunately, but thank you all so much.

Just too few stygian stones to risk it alone, and i do not like other people to play with

Will just keep my mats for a possible mid season nerf to bosses or buffs to sorcs

If you play sorc, tormented bosses and uber Lilith arent for you.

1 Like

You could try somethign in between. Try solo with necro friend on standby. If you fail, port them in so you dont waste the matts. This allows you to test yourself (for self punishing fun) and also get mats and also make your friend happy when they get 4x GA affix uber. Win win win.

Ok, rerolled to blizzard, did pit 73, killed tormented lord zir and finally crafted my shako.

Happy :slight_smile:

Can you add me in game? I have mat for uber runs. Since I can beat Tormented Duriel, I have only mats for Andariel and stones.
My battle tag is VPTS#1247
Many thanks!

Finally someone answered and i can send my text preparef since last week. Unfortunately the forum did not let me answer twice in a row
‐--------
Me again.

After farming pit lvl 75 comfortably i engaged tormented duriel. Upgraded my shako first to 12/12 and hit the dungeon. Build still blizzard.

Was not about his health but about his special attacks. Took me some tries but in the end it was ok and i finally finished my season journey.

Now i have 22 stygian stones and will visit him some more times

Never. Sell your stones on trade for 40-50mil each.

Do not attempt Tormented Bosses until you can clear at least Pit 80. Ideally you should be able to do Pit 100. If you can farm Pit 100, you can easily deal with Tormented bosses.

Tormented bosses are easier than Pit bosses because you don’t need to deal with Echos, but they’re still Level 200. Pit 81 is level 180 so you should at least be able to take out that much life before you try fighting Tormented bosses, Level 200 has like several billion more HP than Level 180. At earlier Pit clears you can theoretically kill a Tormented Boss but it will take a long time, like maybe 15 minutes or so. If you just want a clear and don’t intend to farm them, this is okay. But if you are farming for Ubers you need to at least be able to clear Pit 90, when we farm for Ubers with my friends in a 4-man we bring 2 barbs who can do Pit 100, or 1 barb 1 rogue, we can carry the poor Sorcs. A Barb, Necro or Rogue who can clear Pit 130 is probably enough to carry entire party as well.

Pit 40 is a long way to go before you can solo a Tormented boss. If your build isn’t hitting for at least 50m/second I wouldn’t bother attempting a Tormented boss.

1 Like

Just manage to tank/kill uber duriel with a perma flame shield-BL build that can also farm pit 75, eternal, it was a team of 3 sorcs with different builds one incinerate one firebolt, some deaths, haven’t attempted alone but I suspect it would have worked with some skills also solo.

Blizz sorc. Only fight him tormented (wish the damn Vas items dropped as readily as Living Steel). Can one phase him ~ 50% of the time. Key with the tormented bosses is understanding which of their attacks add dmg multiplier debuffs… and doing your best to avoid / limit those. Duriel’s are well telegraphed. There are YT vids showing 'em if you don’t want to spend the time to ID them yourself. Happy hunting!

I was a Lvl 87 Blizzard Sorc when I took down my first Tormented Duriel and got my Spark.

Oh, there was also a Barb, a Necro and a Rogue along. My contribution to the fight? I did not die. I thought that, under the circumstances, that was a major accomplishment.

Even at Lvl 100 a Sorc cannot do enough damage to kill a Tormented boss. That is unless you are an incredibly skilled player that never makes a mistake or you make a immune build that has all day to whittle the boss down. Bring your lunch. It is gonna to be a hella’ long fight.

Tbh with blizzard sorc it was fine to kill duriel. At least you have flame shield and teleport to evade the two major attacks of him. With my barb i had no freaking clue on how to avoid them, but was not necessary either as you could just tank until he’s dead :smiley:

But i would not want to farm with bliz sorc, too exhausting. Kill him once and thats it.

Just to get resplended spark i would suggest to kill lord zir, was the easiest imho

I was able to defeat Lord Zir and Duriel (level 200), solo, with my Sorc Blizzard build, even to carry a friend at level 76! But it took a lot of time!
I was just there, with Flame Shield and Ice Amor.

For other bosses at level 200, I failed!

If you have perma flame shield you will beat Duriel, it’s just a question of whether you forget to press the flameshield button and how long.

With holy bolts, you can cheese every boss except for the Beast in Ice. Just survive long enough for adds to spawn and GG.

Can I kill Lilith with this build?
I am struggling a lot to kill her for the 4th Resplendent Spark

No, Lilith doesn’t have any adds.

So, no way then :frowning:

20 chars

Is now, after their hp is nerfed in today patch :yum:

Lilith has adds, if you don’t skip mechanics she has a few. But realistically you can’t cheese her with the bugged holy bolt, even when it was a thing.