What's with barb legendaries

i’ve gotten 3 legendaries and all of them rely on me being at full fury to get any benefit.

how is this a good idea? I’m never going to be at full fury for very long. the whole point of fury is to expend it. i legit would rather just use my yellows that give me +100 strength than some crappy legendary that expects me to do nothing but basic attack over and over.

4 Likes

Welcome to the mercy of RNG. Case in point. It’ll be awhile before you get legendary gear for your prefer playstyle. And that’s saying if that particular legendary even have the affix you want for the playstyle.

is there a playstyle that doesn’t use fury?

They seem to do all the same 2-3 things so far. Im at 45

I wouldn’t say don’t use fury, but generate too much fury you are always full no matter what button you press.

i basically deplete my fury whenever i have enough to use my rend. i just basic until i have a rend then use rend. i’m never at full fury unless i’m fighting total trash.

That’s because you’re using Basic to generate Fury. There are skills that give flat amount of fury. We even have legendary that boost Fury gain.
Getting max fury shouldn’t by your primary playstyle. It should be a by product of a playstyle. These legendary that buff max fury should be use in conjunction of your other legendaries.

I’ve been having fun with a low fury build.

War cry, rallying cry, bash, deathblow, kick, chains.

Have an item that gives each weapon mastery an extra charge. So I have 2 kicks, 2 death blows, 3 chains. Deathblow refunds on kill, so do it right and you mop the trash fights up in seconds. Bosses you have to menuver and use hit and run but it works. Level 36.

Barbs legendaries suck… some are really cool, other suck a ss

Yeah Deathblow is amazing. It’s such a large AoE skill. If you line up trash mobs with elites or even bosses, you can spam the skills over and over.

Aspects such as Limitless Rage snapshot on Whirlwind. Meaning, you begin Whirlwinding at max fury, then so long as you keep holding the Whirlwind button down, you benefit from the damage increase the entire time, because you started using the skill at maximum fury. These effects are very strong.

This is why the people telling other players not to look at guides aren’t really helpful at all. It doesn’t benefit people to not know what’s going on.