What the Hell Folks?

Running a necro with a build from maxxroll on WT1. I am now level 23 and the game has gotten way harder. You guys have turned up the difficulty a lot since beta after level 20. It’s not so much under normal circumstances but when you get swarmed by the mobs there is nothing you can do. The necro attacks so slowly and the minions are so bloody weak! I thought Tier 1 was supposed to be a casual experience or does the necro really suck that bad? I have not found a single legendary to help my build either. Needless to say I’m not having a lot of fun.

6 Likes

It will be easier if you go down to adventurer tier.

Just killed lvl 45 Lillith at lvl 39 on WT2. Game isn’t too hard at all. Not saying Necro might just be bad though. Using my own build also. Haven’t looked at any content outside of the game.

they actually just nerfed necros really hard.

2 Likes

What did we do now to deserve another nerf?

I wasn’t maybe clear. I am playing on the lowest level. I cruised until about level 22. Now when I encounter a mob group they often swarm and there’s no defense it seems plus the class doesn’t feel like it’s a lot of fun for sure. Where do I go from here? Is there a class/build that’s more fun and gets the job done??

I have been world tier 2 the whole time and i never had any of these problems.

What skills are you using?

But i have been wearing a shield in the off hand the entire time.

Also i recently at level 33 switched to the " Summoner Necromancer Leveling Guide" build by MacroBioBoi on Maxroll and i love it.

I’m play a Poison/Flurry Rogue with the knockdown/stun/energy talents. As I said just killed the last boss a bit ago at lvl 39 when they are lvl 45 on T2. Pretty fun and effective.

You sound mad cause bad.

1 Like

Possibly to do with your gear? Maybe try getting some upgrades from the gambler first before proceeding

Not mad but sad. I had no trouble in the betas

the nerfing will continue, until morale improves

2 Likes

Switch gems around, switch talents around, “git gudder not badder”, etc.

1 Like

you sound like your neckbeard is encrusted with week old cheeto dust

1 Like

That is some hardcore projection my friend.

Difficulty waxes and wanes depending on your gear and skills. Experiment around if you need. My rogue felt weak in some circumstances until a more complete tool kit became available with mobility, healing, energy regen, and damage.

I will say as someone running a blight minion build it felt really bad especially on bosses until I got better gear most importantly my first legendary that spiked up my damage to more reasonable levels. As far as minions there damage is fine but even with fully upgraded damage and toughness on bosses they just get decimated and I have to be slightly more conscious on using Decay to create more corpses to use and not overusing corpse explosion.

It’s the scaling. Move to a new area and get drops that aren’t 12 levels below yours. They don’t have the drop scaling right so you outlevel your gear too fast and you get weaker cause the mobs scale 1-2 levels above you at all times, which is f’d up in my opinion.

2 Likes

I got my first legendary from gambling at 22. So theres that. The chest had the effect of constantly healing me. Big game changer.

1 Like

Wow that is valuable to know thx. I did make some adjustments so things are better but from reading other threads it sounds like the answer might be to concentrate on just the main quest. That way you’re moving to the new areas and getting gear more suited to the leveling. Right now the best I’m finding are yellows that really don’t improve anything.