What The Devs Want vs What we Want. (Patch changes)

Here is actual footage of what the Devs want from people playing the game

Compared to what the players want and the whole point of playing ARPGs is to become an Immortal Overpowered God so you can relax and enjoy screens exploding soon as you enter it. This makes me nervous that no one will ever actually achieve a “FUN” power level to enjoy a hack and slash game.

No one should be sweating or distressed playing Diablo like in the video above. Guess we shall see where this goes. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Who says being god mode is the point of an arpg

3 Likes

The game starts when you achieve God mode. If it can’t be achieved really no point in playing RPGs. The most difficult thing should be theory crafting the Immortal build. Attaining it should be chill fun while sipping some coffee.

That’s not the point of an arpg

2 Likes

More like this for me:

But not in the first three hours.

Here’s what I don’t understand, right.

What is overpowered vs underpowered in a game like this? It’s an ARPG, you’re either an overpowered demigod or garbage with very little wiggle room in between.

1 Like

They want to sell you boosts in the cash shop…mark my words.

5 Likes

There is nothing fun about being an “immortal overpowered god” that means no challenge, so speak for yourself. A lot of us like a challenge, I’m actually happy D4 isn’t some walk in the park. D2 got boring quick if you didn’t PVP and D3 just felt like slamming your head into a wall.

1 Like

What lvl GRift did you clear last season?

Then fight monsters with no weapon or take off half your gear. Don’t drag us down and make us struggle and have a bad time.

Actually that is when the fun really starts. Every Class should be Overpowerd and it’s just our choice what we want to explode the screen with. Having to fight something longer than a couple seconds in an ARPG is just too long for me.

If we want a challenge we can just log off and participate IRL.

Believe or not gamers want to log in and relax after work and enjoy watching everything explode from a long day because they are Gods. It’s fun and what makes ARPGs such a popular genre.

3 Likes

If you are being drug down by D4… it sounds like a YOU problem. This is how they designed the game, if you can’t take it, you know exactly what to do.

FOR YOU it does. I mean, you shouldn’t call yourself a gamer if you are essentially searching for a “god-mode simulator” but that’s not how D4 was designed and it was made to have a challenge, something the previous 2 iterations of the game didn’t possess (i’m not counting immortal)

Let me correct you, GAMERS LIKE YOU. There is nothing wrong with not searching for a challenge, but when a game is designed to be more challenging… you cry about it, you sound like a real “QuantumTV”

Diablo has evolved to be a better game. Also the current king of the genre is a challenging game… POE.

1 Like

That happens, I will never buy another Blizz product… ever.

Again, what level Grift did you reach last season Mr Pro player?

Haven’t played D3 in years mr.notpro.

So you are telling people to ‘git gud’ but you haven’t actually done anything challenging in the franchise?

Classic.

1 Like

I play POE. I’ve done all but Maven on uber… so I’ve played a far more challenging game than D3… so your assumptions… classic :wink:

2 Likes

I mean, GRifts have infinite scaling difficulty but do go on…

Pretty sure its just time to mute you since you want to act like a child.

That would go against their stance of no pay for power. Since they’ve been so public about it they’re on public record for that. So I would be requesting a full refund in that case. Bait and switch is illegal after all.

How are you gonna come at me, then get deep in your feelings? POE is harder than D3 will ever be… sorry to break it to you. Not to mention the fights are unique instead of just life and damage modifiers going up on the same monsters you fought all game long.