Well there goes my 3090

For christs sake im not saying the cards arent the problem

No its not a ridiculous statement. Its a statement made by multiple game designers and engineers both on the consumer level as well as the ones who freaking manufacturing the cards…

You seem to be trying to argue something im not disagreeing with you on

David, do not take the high ground using “qualified people” such as JayzTwoCents to affirm your diagnosis. If you watch his video, he pretty much confirms that, as of now, there’s no real answer to why it is happening, but advises people in the same way he did with New World. He even talks about how some other software can even invalidate your warranty by using it (benchmark software) because it is known to damage hardware due to the stress it places on components. And yes, it is likely Diablo IV developers have some code that might be pushing things too hard, revealing weaknesses in design.

Most likely is that it’s a little bit of both. Cheaper manufacturing components that are unable to be pushed that far, combined with programming that is driving the game engine way past tollerable levels on some systems.

People have droned on with metaphores such as driving a car and blaming the road etc. I’d put it that if you drove a car on max rev’s for a time, it would also show weakness and damage the engine. It doesn’t mean the car is at fault, because we know not to push things that far. Seems something similar is happening here too. It’s all assumption and opinion at this stage.

So please, stop implying you have the answer and we must all just accept your position, because x,y&z insist they also know.

Just chill…

2 Likes

I am not implying anything. I am stating EVGA’s engineers and multiple engineers have already stated the hardware is trash due to covid restrictions and there will be a lot of RMAs. Same with the engineers that pulled the bricked GPUs apart. The reason Jayztwocents name got dropped was cause he has videos of his correspondents back and forth from EVGA and others.

They also already stated a video game cannot request a GPU to go past what it’s safely programmed to due. So if the programming is at fault its the GPU and has nothing do with the game. Just like it will cut power when it over heats; everything has a safety cut off.

As someone who has a higher end card reguardless if its gpu or game issue i will not purchase this game just like i didnt purchase new world. If all other games work fine and two dont it raises huge red flags and who really wants to risk 1500+$ gpu on lets be honest not the most out standing game ever made.

Risk vs reward seems pretty one sided and for a game over a decade in the making youd think theyd have tested it better before a beta launch. First impressions mean alot and this impression isnt good. I for one will not be adding this title into my library sadly.

It’s the terrible compatibility of the game with cards. They didnt do the leg work they needed to do and because of it there are tons of GPU issues. D4 doesnt even try to use my RTX 2060 it stays at a solid 0% usage. Drivers are up to date. Some cards explode others aren’t used at all some wont let you even start the game. I blame the common denominator Diablo 4. That David is logic.

That flat earth style logic. Cause you are forgetting the 1 million plus level 20s last weekend and they tiny tiny margin of people with bricked GPUs and even problems here.

What does 1 million level 20’s have to do with GPU compatibility. Straw man harder. They knew about the GPU problem last weekend and did nothing about it. Still actively bricking GPU’s. Or would that be what aboutism?

.0001% of the pop with GPU problems if that. You got that luke warm IQ. Please stop lmao.

And the bricking has already been confirmed multiple times as just shti cards taht need to be RMA’ed.

1 Like

Agreed i dont think diablo is 100% at fault but it is the common denominator in gpus bricking. For me it doesnt matter if it is or isnt diablo 4 it dont matter we have no answer as to what exactly is goin on and beta is still open. Some 4090s caught on fire some didnt it was enough of an issue for me not to buy one when i could have same applies for diablo. Learn to run a bizz better first impressions matter.

1 Like

This happens every launch with a very demanding game. Jump into the threads about big steam games and you’ll see it fill with a few having to RMA cards. The failure rate is massive compared to any other computer component. Even more so with the 3000 series cards.

Why is my card usage at 0%? Bad compatibility. Poor quality control this isnt the first beta test either. You had to sign a disclaimer for the first beta months ago. They had all the data they needed and did nothing with it.

1 Like

I have many titles with zero talk about bricking of gpus. Again i dont think its 100% a diablo issue but its enough for me to not spend my money on it and i cant blame others for feelin the same way.

Ive been threw terrible launches like every single bf/cod launch but when theres a slight possibility it can roast my high end pc why would i risk it?

The risk doesnt seem worth it even for a really out standing game and lets be honest D4 is not ground breaking at all.

1 Like

You’ve posted that in like 5 threads. We don’t care if you don’t want to take the risk cause 20 people have bricked cards in that thread. Go kick rocks.

As my boy 2 chains says me and broke *&^^%%s don’t get along.

Umm i posted twice on two threads why are you so mad about it?

The real question why are you pushing so hard what do i have to gain by saying the risk is far to great. Im not suggesting ppl spend their money on a diffrent game. Im supporting thoose whove spent hard earned money who dont want to loose that investment and keep their system safe.

Your motives are questionable to say the least.

Just putting out false fires like a champ. Just like hating on flat earthers.

How can you tell when a kid is losing? When they start throwing insults and quoting nobodies. It’s still the common denominator. Factually and actually.

2 Likes

The analogy of using a vehicle at max RPM and dying is not the correct analogy to compare to a GPU dying or driving down a road at a given speed etc as this only seems to be happening with specific brands who seemingly opted to use questionable suppliers during component shortages.

I myself have a 3080Ti from MSI and I have had none of the issues what so ever (yet).
Temps are all within a safe range (Max i’ve seen was around 71C, average is 65C).

There are many more factors that can cause a GPU to die such as (but not limited to);

• Bad PSU (Gigabyte know all about this too) - Just because something was ‘fine’ yesterday does not mean it is today.
  • Dirty power feeds (can cause a lot of issues especially within a PC)
  • Overheating issues which can degrade component lifespans - Just because monitoring software says temps are within a ‘safe’ range, this is only the GPU itself that is reporting the temp in 99% of the cases, rarely do the manufacturers include VRAM or VRM temp monitoring which can lead to these exact issues (Dust buildup, inadequate ventilation etc).

Regardless of what people are saying about a game pushing the Graphics card too far or blaming Blizzard entirely as the reason its failing are not looking at the whole picture here…

It’s not using my GPU at all… ZERO percent. I still and will continue to blame blizzard. I just lucked out and got the opposite end of the spectrum. Im not going to try to burn up my CPU or memory with beta testing their poorly optimized and compatibility tested game. They have millions to figure it out but they didnt.

1 Like