VRAM leak over time?

Because you copied others of us that were using a 100FPS setting. :wink:

And because the latest patch helped a lot. But there are still issues, no denying that.

i honestly don’t know, maybe your just lucky, if I did I would of fixed my issue and so would many others.

Close out of everything other than the game and disable hardware acceleration in everything like browsers and overlays. You don’t need that browser open with two streams going, 30 youtube tabs and 300 misc other pages. Disable all mouse/keyboard softwares as well because almost all of them have poorly coded overlay systems.

Also make sure to disable any instant replay recording stuff. The game bar has “record what happened,” AMD has “instant replay, instant GIF, in-game replay,” and Nvidia has “shadowplay.” There are tons of other softwares out there that can do similar recording functions as well.

Try disabling DLSS as a test to see if it’s still bugging out. I know there were some issues with DLSS in MANY other games a while back where it was causing memory leaks(it’s an Nvidia driver issue, not a game issue).

The game is always going to try to reserve a chunk VRAM and RAM, so if there is anything else competing for either memory type, you’re going to run into issues. It really isn’t the game, it’s your PC.

I don’t think so, nothing is running besides the game and Battle.net. The problem is the game, or else they wouldn’t be trying to fix how poorly coded it is in each patch, including the next one. It’s Just like Battlefield 2042, it took months and months to get that game right.

1 Like

Post a pastebin of your DXDIAG with `` marks at the start and end of it so that it makes it look like this or post here it in a blockquote

Thanks but I’ll just wait for the next patch before I go back to the days of Windows 98 troubleshooting. I’ve been working with computers for 30 years, so Im very confident it’s not my system, but the game.

Well it shows your Windows build version, every single driver version and error codes… So no, it’s a bit more than that… And if I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard the “been working with X for Y years” spiel and then, oh never mind, I’m not even going to bother lol… You’re already stonewalled up and don’t actually want help, you just want to blame someone else.

Why don’t you read the hundreds of pages of comments regarding the game’s poor performance. It’s not that I don’t want help, I appreciate you trying. I’m just not going to waste my time when the general consensus is the game is poorly optimized. I’ve already tried a number of things, and nothing works. I appreciate you trying to help.

1 Like

Lol at the troll talking about how they can run the game just fine at 1440p with DLSS. Of course you can run the game fine, your GPU is rendering the game at 1080p and then upscaling it.

This thread was originally created to complain about the game’s VRAM usage with the 4K textures running in 4K, and you’re bragging about how you can run the game just fine at half of the resolution everybody’s complaining about.

1 Like

Makes very little difference in the VRAM overhead. It’s usually around 200-300MB extra for games that use between 8-12 buffer channels.

1080p=2073600 pixels
4k=8294400 pixels

Assuming R8G8B8A8 buffers (there might be one or two buffers that that use 16 bit), which is 4 bytes per pixel x10 buffers:
1080p = 79MB
4k = 316MB
Difference = 237MB

Even if you changed it to use all R16B16G16A16 buffers(8 bytes per pixel), which no game engine in their right mind would use on all 10 buffers, it would still be 158MB vs 632MB, which is only a 474MB difference.

And as I showed earlier, I was running the game just fine on max+ultra textures+no FSR at 1080p+locked to 80FPS(runs between 90-140fps without limiter) on a $200 USD card with 8GB of VRAM and 32GB of system RAM.

It seems the recent Nvidia drivers have made it a difference for me.

In short, for me the game was somewhat playable with occasional crashes pre 1.1.1 (the most recent game patch). After this patch it became completely unplayable, crashing straight after character select in almost all cases, with some exceptions allowing upto 10-30 minutes of actual gameplay.

Someone in here mentioned the newest Nvidia drivers so I updated and so far I have been able to play without crash since the updated drivers.

If you’re running Nvidia it might be worth trying the updated drivers.

Keep in mind im playing 1440P, so no idea if this actually helps users with 4k and high textures.

Lets just hope these fixes & driver updates eventually lead to everyone being able to enjoy the game crash free!

Same issue here. AMD CPU Ryzen 5900X , 32GB RAM with AMD Radeon 7900XTX with 24GB VRAM.
Cannot play on UTRA settings because with that sometimes game crash even in MENU!!!
With HIGH settings it is playable but when it reach over 16GB of VRAM it crash.
With last patch it is more often.

Because if you have 8GB of VRAM, you cannot never reach that issue which happen when you reach allocation of 16GB of VRAM :crazy_face:
There must be bug which happen when is allocated 16GB of VRAM. So those who doesnt have 16GB and more of VRAM cannot get to this issue.

Are you new here?
I could not run ultra textures before the patch no matter what settings or resolution.

Because before the patch it was impossible to smoothly run ultra textures with 8GB of VRAM.
It never was a 4K only issue… maybe check out the 100s of posts here and on reddit and in the D4 Discord.

That’s nonsense, i had plenty of crashes before the recent patches and hotfixes.

I played for about two hours last night, and I didn’t have any issues. I’m using the latest Nvidia drivers, but I also turned off Nvidia reflex and frame generation. I went up to just over 15gb vram but then stayed around 13-14gb, and most importantly no fps drops. I consistently stayed at 125.

All the rest of my settings were ultra, DLSS quality and 4k resolution. I’ll have to play some more tonight. Maybe reflex and frame generation have something to do with the issue.

There are issues with both, dunno if they have been fixed yet since i don’t have a DLSS 3 capable GPU and reflex does nothing for me.

Reflex really isn’t needed on this game. Its useful on something like an FPS and I have reflex+boost enabled in Overwatch, but I don’t need it here.

Frame generation is a feature that is only available on DLSS 3 cards I think. Mine supports DLSS 2, but that option is not present. I do run DLSS with Quality enabled and it works fine though. (3070 Ti)

Here are the current settings I run from this video timestamp:

-https://youtu.be/RJHLUM07WhA?t=3727

At this point, I’m just waiting for S2. Finished the battlepass (that I didn’t activated on my own… Great :slight_smile:) now it’s time for some time off.
Hopefully, when S2 launches everything will be fixed.

I have still the Vram issue after all… i play for like 20-30min. and my vram is at 8.5 of 12 GB…
unfortnatly i cant refund it anymore…

Cpu : Ryzen 7 5800 X
Gpu: Radeon RX 6700 XT
and 32 Gb DDR4 ram

What do you expect it to use? 2?

It has improved. It’s not using all of it at least.